Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

New Anfield Images - My ideas

Read 10119 times
      stevenodwell
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      New Anfield Images - My ideas
      Jun 11, 2007 01:03:08 pm
      The arrival of hicks and gillette is a great thing for the development of our new stadium. They seem to have tapped into what makes Liverpool FC special and see the value in preserving and accentuating these elements. Im a 3D designer and interested in football architecture as well as a kopite and have been playing around with how the stadium could look.

Please have a look at my ideas and tell me what you think. Its all about the Spion Kop being the centre piece. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2007 05:23:35 pm by stevenodwell »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: The New Anfield Stadium - Debate
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2007 06:07:53 pm
      The arrival of hicks and gillette is a great thing for the development of our new stadium. They seem to have tapped into what makes Liverpool FC special and see the value in preserving and accentuating these elements. Im a 3D designer and interested in football architecture as well as a kopite and have been playing around with how the stadium could look. Please have a look at my ideas and tell me what you think. Its all about the Spion Kop being the centre piece.  http://www.geocities.com/comeovers/newanfield.pdf

Looks good but where do i buy my 'foot-long hot dog' at half-time ?   ;) ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: New Anfield Images - My ideas
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2007 01:14:48 pm
      Here are the images from Steve's post above.

Personally - I think his version looks fantastic!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2007 04:44:30 pm
      Very nice Steve!  ;)
      The smooth curves and majestic Kop look fantastic. I'm impressed by the lack of visual structural support, less is definitely more in that department.
      The original version looked a bit unsightly with the 4 corner supports for the roof although the inside was excellent!

It's going to be like Christmas tomorrow, unwrapping a brand new stadium!  ;)
      Robbie Styles
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2007 02:08:52 pm
      Here are the images from Steve's post above.

Personally - I think his version looks fantastic!

Great design work, but It's shaped like a toilet
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2007 09:30:59 pm
      It is a bit bog like.  The thing I like apart from the massive Kop is that it's clear which side is the 'Entrance' - the focal point.

I expect the 'real' design to have some kind of significant structure at the Kop end that is the centre piece of the ground.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #6: Jun 19, 2007 03:06:12 pm
      nice idea probably wont be milion miles away from the real one, does look a bit like a loo seat though, hopefully the actual design will be really modern looking.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2007 03:56:14 pm
      Very good designs but I dont think it will be anything like what the final design will look like, I remember reading that they wanted to have a stadium with character and none of this oval/circle designs as they were looking abit samey, I thought they wanted to do 4 stands with the kop as the focal point as it goes back to how stadiums used to be, plus it leaves more room that way to increase in the future where as the above designs are pretty much finished and leave no room to be increased............

stevenodwell
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 19, 2007 05:11:37 pm
      Thanks for everyones comment regarding my ideas.... but Id just like to point out that thats what they are, my ideas...not a prediction of whats gonna really happen... I just hope the stadium is original and aimed at the ordinary supporter... As far as it looking like a bog... yep, from the sky it does! I was hoping to get peoples constructive criticism and take the points into account by modifying my model creating a fans design for the stadium... unfortunately my computer crashed and im just left with these images. Ah well...
      As far as 4 stands is concerned, im not sure... Is the argument purely based on tradition? Even though we are a club of great history we have to take the club into the 21st century, whilst not forgetting our heritage of course. There is a good chapter in simon inglis' book on football ground where he shows diagrams of the optimum viewing distance around a pitch and then lays over several typical stadium designs... the old wembley funnily enough had only 20% of the stadium within this optimum area... If you look at the emirates from above its pretty similar to the ideal shape he talks about... of course we wouldnt want a replica of this but we have to build a good stadium rather than a different one.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Jun 19, 2007 05:41:22 pm
      exactly tradition doesn't always look the best !

im glad it will be unique but hope it doesn't look odd, there has to be some symmetry to it with regards to the stands.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2007 06:50:36 am
      My mouth is watering at the prospect of that Kop  8)

It is a cracking design and I congratulate you on that! If the Kop is of that calibre then we're onto a winner straight away! The Kop now is hard enough for players to get over; playing infront of that they'll be bricking it!  :laugh:

Cheers mate, I'm sure you're looking forward to the plans just as much as we are!  ;D

Quick Reply