Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Q for American Reds on here? (Re:H+G)

Read 4950 times
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -11 
      Q for American Reds on here? (Re:H+G)
      Jun 07, 2010 04:59:15 am
      (this post is a research-type post and can be deleted once I've had some answers if that's okay mods?)

What are the major sports channels in America that cover the Premier League? Is it fair to say Fox Soccer is the biggest?

And how are the channels covering our ownership issues please?

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010 09:47:27 am by JD »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: any American Reds on here? (re:H+G)
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2010 05:46:33 am
      Fox Soccer is the biggest from what i can see (Im Aussie, living in America) but they just show games and then rehashed crap from England. Trust me, its sh*t. The two main news programs are Fox Soccer Report, which basically is just the same crap that gets onto Sky Sports News, plus then American 'Soccer' news as well, and then the other news program is none other than Sky Sports News direct from England - like i said its sh*t. ESPN covers some Premier League games, but other than that the amount of news on their is minimal unless its major stuff, such as World Cup news at the moment.

So to answer your question - theres no coverage from what ive seen of our ownership issues, none at all. Though my girlfriends parents got rid of Fox Soccer cos the bill was too high, and i didn't object too much as they don't show every Liverpool game anyways, so i haven't watched it since March. So, they may have had some news recently - that would be a question for some of the other American guys on here who have it, pretty sure Brooklyn Red has fox soccer still. He might have more news about what they have shown recently.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Re: any American Reds on here? (re:H+G)
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2010 06:27:38 am
      bigvYNWA is spot on, Fox Soccer is the most dedicated channel for EPL football, the rest of the coverage here in the states in absolute garbage. I personally download the BBC MOTD recaps for some real insight because the show that recaps games on FSN is really under funded and poor quality, even more so than the BBC  :lmao:

But honestly they don't cover it much and when they do they just state that Liverpool is in crisis, they rarely mention H & G and they just report the "article" of the day. There is no in depth discussions on the absolute sh*t fest that is consuming our club.
      Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Re: Q for American Reds on here? (Re:H+G)
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2010 02:35:56 pm
      Fox and Espn........ There is no coverage about what's going on with the owners!!!!!!
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2010 02:40:34 pm
      How many reds do we have in America? and can you protest outside their family homes.. no shotguns mind that would be naughty.. just a good old stonin or hangin!  >:D
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2010 01:40:02 am
      Thanks for the feedback lads- am working with a couple of lads at trying to get a bit of light shed on the sham in the Yank's home nation...

When it comes to sports radio- is football covered much? I've heard that Champions Soccer Radio Network is the biggest media outlet for the Premiership?

What other stations are there? Who are the "big" anchor-men of football coverage, and are there any obvious "champions" that may be worth contacting?

I'm sure reds have tried this angle before, but the more pressure they have applied to them from both sides of the Atlantic, the more likely they are to want out quickly.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2010 03:43:25 am
      Disturbed by this news. Some idiot Liverpool fans taking part of this:
      http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/american-flag-burning-by-liverpool-fans-should-incense-yanks
      I don't care what you think of H +G, I think they have ruined the club, but you don't burn my flag, the same flag I fought for while I served in the Marine Corps. Disgusted!
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2010 03:54:05 am
      http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/american-flag-burning-by-liverpool-fans-should-incense-yanks
      I don't care what you think of H +G, I think they have ruined the club, but you don't burn my flag, the same flag I fought for while I served in the Marine Corps. Disgusted!

Yeah i saw that mate , F***ing well out of order that .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2010 05:05:26 am

What you gotta understand is, that they were not attacking the country by doing that. Some of the guys from this forum were there, and they said the flag actually had a picture of H&G on there so it really wasn't just the American flag. The fact is, these guys are two men who are American, who have taken over an English club, and have now run this club into the ground by treating it like an American 'franchise'. Im living in America, and have an American girlfriend, so I love the place - but a lot of what american business technique and the way of running businesses, in this case sporting institutions, is wrong. And H&G stand for what is wrong in the way Americans run things quite often. I don't think the flag burning was right, but I would ask that you don't let it get to you. Full respect for being a man who fought for the flag, but you gotta remember that flag does not mean the same for everyone. I honestly would be annoyed if it was my flag being burnt in that sense, but at the same time I would understand. For Liverpool fans, they are the enemy. You gotta put yourself in the shoes of those guys there, and despite the ill thought out action of burning the flag, think about what is happening there. This is a place that lives and breaths its teams, and when a foreign entity comes in and destroys it, its not taken lightly. Drastic actions need to be taken, and although burning a flag idn't good, its not the end of the world. People have made too bigger deal out of it, and anyone making a big deal out of it needs to look at the bigger picture. Flags are not set alight for no reason, and we have gone through A LOT before it came to that. So just remember why, and remember the heartbreak a lot of us fans are feeling, and then think that maybe, on the grounds right outside Anfield there in the heat of the moment of the day it was, being Rafa had just been sacked - it may not have seemed like that bigger deal. People were/are seeing red over whats happening, and that can lead to actions some may not see right. But condemning them is not right either.

As i said, no disrespect, im just hoping to explain that not to take it to heart and let it go. It hopefully won't happen again, but these are dark times and these things happen when emotions run high.

That article was a complete pile of horse sh*t as well. What a f**king absolute c**t that writer is. He said at one point "We Care" - well where the f**k has your coverage been until this point? I check American sites occasionaly to see if they have covered anything about our strife, but its never there. Yet now, when a flag is burnt, you take the chance to have a big go and absolutely slam the heart-broken supporters that were there. Flag burning is wrong, but this guy shows a complete lack of respect to those who did it and why they might have done it by just writing a big "Yeah, we're America so f**k all of you!!" article, and that kind of attitude is the reason so many have a negative attitude about America (I dont of course, but a lot of people around the world do) Hell, he even makes mention of the "Team America" slogan, as in the 'America, f**k yeah' one. Arrogant f**king pr**k. He has no right to talk about Liverpool fans like that unless he knows whats going on, which he claims to but really doesn't. This one quote really did it for me:

Really? This group of myopic peasants took it upon themselves to desecrate the American flag – the Stars and Stripes which represents 300 million people – on the basis of two men’s actions (or in some cases, inaction)?

Myopic peasants? What an utter c**t. I would punch you so hard you would wish you had just eaten a big f**king bucket of Chicken cos you wouldn't be able to chew again!!! God, he just incensed me. I mean fair enough it does represent a country, but they didn't mean it against an entire nation you dumb f**king c**t! They were obviously targeting the two in charge, so f**king think about it you twit!!

Sorry, rant over :f_steam: Just the way he wrote that article was absolutely despicable.

3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2010 03:24:44 am
      Strange thing is, Liverpool's always been the most pro-US city in the UK... goes back to our port links with New York, and in more recent history the whole Beatle/Lennon thing.

Sad for some Yanks to see the burning of the flag as an anti-America statement... it's not really, its just a shorthand visual image... a symbol that tells the media something in one photograph that could take three paragraphs to explain on paper.

So calm down dears, calm down.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2010 03:48:45 am
      why is burning a piece of cloth so big of a thingy? it was probably made in china. IF a burning cloth increases pressure on H+G to sell our beloved club then i say go for it.
       I am not saying it worked but if it was a small chance of working then i would have done it. American, French or even Norwegian.
      just my opinion.
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #11: Jun 09, 2010 03:53:45 am
      I know, but you know what Americans are like, they go crazy for their flag, country, etc.

I think it's because it's such a new thing. Ya know 5 minute wonder and all that...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Jun 09, 2010 06:10:07 am
      It's more what the flag stands for - you know, symbolism and all that. We would hate to see a Liverpool shirt burnt, but at the end of the day thats just material. Like i said though, some have got to let it go. It wasn't an anti-America statement, obviously. I think the people that did it would tell you it was just an anti-H&G statement, being it even had their image on it.

Anyways, topic is not about the flag. So we'll leave it at that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jun 16, 2010 01:26:32 pm
      Which NASCAR do they own
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #14: Jun 16, 2010 04:49:54 pm

That news piece and everyone getting angry about it is/are pathetic.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #15: Jun 16, 2010 05:06:56 pm
      People do things in the heat of the moment, the people who did it are probably embarrassed now, but you do thinngs when you feel you are being backed into a corner.  I am in the forces so I know what its like to fight for your country and I would not be happy seeing my beloved Union Flag being burnt.

But these Yanks Owners are doing there country no favour what so ever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16: Jun 17, 2010 01:47:48 pm
      I am in the forces so I know what its like to fight for your country and I would not be happy seeing my beloved Union Flag being burnt.

What like happened last week during the protests over the BP oil spill.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: Jun 17, 2010 02:12:33 pm
      Indeed, I dont like how the yanks are ganging up on BP, fair enough what is happened is bad.  But the same can be said for Liverpool.  Maybe the Prime Minister should call Bama and have a word.  Works both ways........oh yeah sorry, its only the yanks that can F**k people over and not expect anyone to moan
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #18: Jun 17, 2010 04:13:38 pm
      But these Yanks Owners are doing there country no favour what so ever.

they are just increasing the stereotypical view that some people have of Americans, that being "we can f**k anyone in the world and no one will care",

I dont agree with that because i've met quite a few people from the USAF & USMC whilst serving abroad, and they are nothing like the 2 septics at Anfield at the moment, and our view of H&G of H&G being c*nts is shared with them
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #19: Jun 17, 2010 04:19:08 pm
      It is making us hate them, I met loads of Yanks when I have been away with the forces, but the more our owners piss us off the more we hate them.  its the same thing with the Mancs, not all Mancs are cu*ts but we hate them all.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #20: Jun 17, 2010 08:42:16 pm
      Fox and Espn........ There is no coverage about what's going on with the owners!!!!!!

same here in Argentina..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: Jun 17, 2010 09:47:37 pm
      Let's stop with the yank bashing.. i know some of you are saying "its just them" but at the same time comments like "they make you hate them all" is not on. You hate two yanks, that's it. It should not make you hate them all.

We have many fine Yank members, as well as myself knowing many fine American people. H&G are the minority, not the majority. So lets just stop with those comments, this thread isn't meant to be about what we think of them anyways.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #22: Jun 19, 2010 12:19:22 am
      The flag burning got them attention, whether it was good or bad, it puts more pressure on Dumb and Dumber. I think at the time the guys that did it didn't think about the meaning behind it, but remember this isn't in America this is in England. I know a lot of people here would have no problem burning the England flag because it has no bearing on them and I am sure the natives of England wouldn't think to highly of that. It is what it is, I am not going to get all worked up over something that wasn't trying to disrespect the whole country just two individuals. It was a bad idea, but everything happens for a reason.

We should all be United to rid ourselves of these two idiots that call themselves owners.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #23: Jun 19, 2010 07:33:25 am
      The American reaction to the flag burning was nothing short of the quasi-fascist over the top patriotism that started in the 1980s as a reaction to the new left.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Jun 19, 2010 08:00:54 am
      Let's stop with the yank bashing.. I know some of you are saying "its just them" but at the same time comments like "they make you hate them all" is not on. You hate two yanks, that's it. It should not make you hate them all.

That just means we can hate on people from Texas , right ?  :f_whistle: ( seeing as to that I'm from Boston so it's ok ;D )
      thetruth
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 19, 2010 10:08:43 pm
      i'm from Texas. i'm a Liverpool fan through and through. what about it?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Jun 20, 2010 09:08:21 pm
      Let's stop with the yank bashing.. I know some of you are saying "its just them" but at the same time comments like "they make you hate them all" is not on. You hate two yanks, that's it. It should not make you hate them all.

We have many fine Yank members, as well as myself knowing many fine American people. H&G are the minority, not the majority. So lets just stop with those comments, this thread isn't meant to be about what we think of them anyways.

Correct.
      I think we have to be cautious in our terminology. If we presume at "THE YANKS" only refer to H&G, and not the whole of the population of the USA. I know there are many fine Americans, Dita von Teese, and Katy Perry to name but two.

We get fed up with being labled as Robbing Scousers, when we all know it is the mancs who are the robbers. :D

On a technical note, is a "Yank" not someone from the Northern states of America, and thus Hicks can not be a Yank?

Quick Reply