Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Q for American Reds on here? (Re:H+G)

Read 4968 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Q for American Reds on here? (Re:H+G)
      Reply #23: Jun 19, 2010 07:33:25 am
      The American reaction to the flag burning was nothing short of the quasi-fascist over the top patriotism that started in the 1980s as a reaction to the new left.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Jun 19, 2010 08:00:54 am
      Let's stop with the yank bashing.. I know some of you are saying "its just them" but at the same time comments like "they make you hate them all" is not on. You hate two yanks, that's it. It should not make you hate them all.

That just means we can hate on people from Texas , right ?  :f_whistle: ( seeing as to that I'm from Boston so it's ok ;D )
      thetruth
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 19, 2010 10:08:43 pm
      i'm from Texas. i'm a Liverpool fan through and through. what about it?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Jun 20, 2010 09:08:21 pm
      Let's stop with the yank bashing.. I know some of you are saying "its just them" but at the same time comments like "they make you hate them all" is not on. You hate two yanks, that's it. It should not make you hate them all.

We have many fine Yank members, as well as myself knowing many fine American people. H&G are the minority, not the majority. So lets just stop with those comments, this thread isn't meant to be about what we think of them anyways.

Correct.
      I think we have to be cautious in our terminology. If we presume at "THE YANKS" only refer to H&G, and not the whole of the population of the USA. I know there are many fine Americans, Dita von Teese, and Katy Perry to name but two.

We get fed up with being labled as Robbing Scousers, when we all know it is the mancs who are the robbers. :D

On a technical note, is a "Yank" not someone from the Northern states of America, and thus Hicks can not be a Yank?

Quick Reply