Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC - not the only ones with debt but why are we the only ones 'in turmoil'?

Read 5836 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: LFC - not the only ones with debt but why are we the only ones 'in turmoil'?
      Reply #23: Jun 07, 2010 11:00:39 pm
      Basically we are in turmoil because our deluded owners are contiuing to duck and dive right to the brink of Administration.Don't forget,they are not only owners,they are also "crediors",we owe their offshore company Kop(Cayman) Ltd., £144 million,so they would get to walk away with some or all of that,depending how much the club was sold for eventually.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Re: LFC - not the only ones with debt but why are we the only ones 'in turmoil'?
      Reply #24: Jun 07, 2010 11:26:24 pm
      I think the crux of the issue is this.

The owners owe RBS about £350M.  RBS' backsides are twitching because they value the club at most at about £350M.

The owners seem to think they can get £800M.

It's clear to me that RBS have handed the owners a deadline to sell.  If they do not sell then I can't see RBS allowing them more and more time to base on their futile speculation.

At some point, and it will come sooner rather than later, RBS will say you can't have more time and we will go in to administration being owned by the bank.

Or a buyer will come in at the 11th hour and buy us for the price of the debt. This is what I have susspected for the last 6 months or so. One of the Arab consortiums. D.I.C. I fancy.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #25: Jun 08, 2010 06:08:51 am
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #26: Jun 08, 2010 01:08:40 pm
      ManUre have a bigger fan base mainly due to a more sophisticated and better organised commercial set up globally, we are catching up but they still generate more money than anyone with their promotional machine.
      Not forgetting of course the stadium they had the forsight to build many years ago, a project that was carried out with the club's interest and future in mind which is why LFC's owners have made no attempt to put a spade into contact with the ground-they care not a jot for the future of this club.
      Manure therefore have a huge turnover to service their debt whilst we are subject to the owners plundering the club and asset stripping which they are now in the process of instigating.
      It's true, stuey. It's true so it's hurt.

Quick Reply