Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mascherano: Rafa could replace Mourinho

Read 5278 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Mascherano: Rafa could replace Mourinho
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2010 01:46:59 am
      Rafa s first signing but not his only one from this club
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2010 02:20:23 am
      1. Maybe because we ain't winning a damn? We are not even looking like improving, but the opposite. I don't think he'd follow Rafa to f**king Willem II, but I think it's quite understandable for him to leave to a team that has won several leagues in the last years and a UCL a few days ago.
      2. This is a no-brainer. First, Italian is much closer to Spanish than English. I've been to Italy myself without knowing a damn of Italian and managed to communicate quite efficiently. Secondly,  Italians are much closer to latinos than Englishmen. I've been to England too and the difference is quite noticeable. Italians are much warmer and effusive as persons. I think his family would adapt much faster. Finally and most importantly, Inter has a lot of Argentinians players. Zanetti, Cambiasso, Milito...

I think you should at leasy try to answer the questions you're asking before posting something like that, just attacking Masch senselessly. The mast is on f**king fire, and he owes a lot more to the captain of the ship, who is jumping off (or being tossed by pirates) than he owes to the ship or the goddamn yanks pirates.

I don't think he's the one who needs to cut the bullshit really. He's not supposed to be standing in the middle of so much sh*t, it's just not his duty to sacrifice himself like that.
      Listen my friend I think you miss my point, and I repeat which is his problem his wife and Liverpool and he said, I paraphrase "my wife would like to go where spanish is spoken" not Italian, and Im no dambed f***in linguist be there is absolutely no affinity between Spanish and Italian. If she said I would like to live somewhere warmer then I could understand. Why hasn't he bought a property in Woolton in the estate were all the other Spanish player and they family live. More Spanish is spoken there than in Spain.
      My point again, which is the reason you want to leave, your wife, rafa or what, stay go what the hell is it???

You owe us that much at the very least, be a man and be honest and quit tossing us off.

Final Jabv, if he wants to follow glory, as you put it, then why didn't he say that to Rafa during his contract negotiations that he wants to go where the glory is??? Another thing Jabv is quite evident from your post and that haven't got a clue about Liverpool the city and its people
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2010 02:30:27 am
      It won't be any surprise but the former manager of Liverpool Football Club who was disparaged so unceremoniously will amazingly enough be headhunted by a plethora of Europes football elite thereby dispelling any reservations that the American owners may have held about his managerial skills.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2010 02:32:13 am
      The fact is mate we are not talking about Rafa he is gone as is the club we all love it has been destroyed by people who have no concept or emotional ties with Liverpool Football Club and deserve no allegiance.
      You can't condemn Mascherano for having reservations about committing himself to a club that bears no resemblance to the side he signed for, he was persuaded to sign in no small part by the fact that Rafa was manager now he is supposed to prostitute himself and act like nothing has happened.
      I don't think so.
      Well I think you are corect in everything you say, so why doesn't he come out and say just that???
      Instead he is quite happy to blow a cocktail of lies and sunshine up our collective arses
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2010 02:39:14 am
      And if Masch feels more loyalty towards Rafa than he does towards Liverpool Football Club, then he can f**k off. As can anybody else with similar feelings. He plays for Liverpool, not for Rafa Benitez FC.
      Hear hear, my point in one!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2010 03:07:06 am
      The point is we are faced with a situation that is entirely alien to us...we the supporters of LFC are actually contemplating BLANKING our glorious club for what is hoped will be a benefit ultimately.
      So in a way Mascherano would be helping the cause in turning his back to LFC the only downside is the F***ing owners will profit from his departure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2010 04:27:59 am
      Rafa saved Masch's career and it was something many people used as a point to highlight Rafa's transfer skills. If Masch feels like he owes a man his career for saving him from lower league mediocrity to Argentina captain then fine, that shows Masch has morals.

If a person came to you while working at McDonald's and said 'come be a major executive on millions a year and a flashy new house and car' and then left to another job and then asked you to follow him again, would you say 'F**k off'?

Sometimes a move to another club needs to be looked at another angle to one that is purely football.

I would kill to keep Masch, but if he leaves then no malice.

He did flirt with Barca because of the lifestyle there and the opportunity to play with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc. etc. but who wouldn't get their head turned by a club winning anything and everything? Our beloved Steven Gerrard has before (and not just with Chelsea) and we still love him (not saying we shouldn't, because he's a legend).

Too much is being made of this.

And a final point is that no player at the club is sure what is happening right now. If he is unsure of what will go on at the club then why wouldn't he be attracted to the domestic giants of Italy and the European champions? I mean, we finished seventh and are managerless FFS.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 07:17:06 am by crouchinho »
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2010 06:08:42 am
      this is bollox, does anyone really want life without Rafa?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2010 08:06:27 am
      Listen my friend I think you miss my point, and I repeat which is his problem his wife and Liverpool and he said, I paraphrase "my wife would like to go where spanish is spoken" not Italian, and Im no dambed f***in linguist be there is absolutely no affinity between Spanish and Italian. If she said I would like to live somewhere warmer then I could understand. Why hasn't he bought a property in Woolton in the estate were all the other Spanish player and they family live. More Spanish is spoken there than in Spain.
      My point again, which is the reason you want to leave, your wife, rafa or what, stay go what the hell is it???

You owe us that much at the very least, be a man and be honest and quit tossing us off.

Final Jabv, if he wants to follow glory, as you put it, then why didn't he say that to Rafa during his contract negotiations that he wants to go where the glory is??? Another thing Jabv is quite evident from your post and that haven't got a clue about Liverpool the city and its people

Well I guess we just won't converge.

Anyway, and totally off-topic, Italian and Spanish are both romance languages. Meaning? They both descend from latin. English doesn't. I remember reading an M. Pei quite interesting experiment. It showed that spanish speakers could understand languages when spoken and written like italian, catalan and asturian, as they were all in a 10-20% range of modification from original latin. They could also understand written French, Portuguese and even Romanian, as they were all in a 25-45% range of variaton from latin. No english my friend.

See, you always learn something everyday ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2010 02:36:58 pm
      Well I guess we just won't converge.

Anyway, and totally off-topic, Italian and Spanish are both romance languages. Meaning? They both descend from latin. English doesn't. I remember reading an M. Pei quite interesting experiment. It showed that spanish speakers could understand languages when spoken and written like italian, catalan and asturian, as they were all in a 10-20% range of modification from original latin. They could also understand written French, Portuguese and even Romanian, as they were all in a 25-45% range of variaton from latin. No english my friend.

See, you always learn something everyday ;)
      There is a far more simple explanation for the reason that geographical Latin countries have a base understanding of each others language and that is they are descended from the same stock and have sculpted their tongue from a basic understanding of Latin.
      It is nothing connected with "romance" but due to a number of factors that Germanic,Scandinavian,Gaelic and a host of other diverse cultures have evolved in the northern regions of Europe where a much harsher environment prevails and the romantic Latins just could not hack it. It was left to the hardier nationalities to adapt and exist in the barren landscape they were presented with, romance which incidentally is derived from the word Romany was not a priority in the process of surviving.
      See you learn something everyday!!
      Sorry about going off topic  mods.

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010 02:42:14 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #33: Jun 07, 2010 04:58:10 pm
      It won't be any surprise but the former manager of Liverpool Football Club who was disparaged so unceremoniously will amazingly enough be headhunted by a plethora of Europes football elite thereby dispelling any reservations that the American owners may have held about his managerial skills.
      Somebody changed my user rateing saying the above post was an "excellent point" and then gave me a -
      Karma works in mysterious ways.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #34: Jun 07, 2010 05:31:09 pm
      Somebody changed my user rateing saying the above post was an "excellent point" and then gave me a -
      Karma works in mysterious ways.
      Hahaha. Maybe they meant, 'Good post.... but I still don't like you' ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #35: Jun 07, 2010 06:44:16 pm
      Masch loves Rafa. If Rafa goes to Inter I think he'd follow him. Would Rafa look at us for new players?

i can see players like mascha, kuyt, agger and benni going to inter with rafa (not stevie or torres, they're more likely to leave for barca or real if they left at all).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #36: Jun 07, 2010 09:15:42 pm
      This topic is heading in to a bit of a Mascherano transfer thread.

There already is one here

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=30141.0

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply