Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

How much do you spend on tickets in a season?

Read 7631 times
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,552 posts |
      How much do you spend on tickets in a season?
      Jun 07, 2010 05:02:08 pm
      I don't even know if this is even relevant for a thread but got my annual statement this morning and told me what I spend my money on the most in a year. At the top with a whopping £1,100+ went to Liverpool FC for tickets alone. If you think about it that’s ridiculous on any level, there were times I did get tickets for other people but regardless in a season that’s a lot.

Anyone else know what they are spending a season
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010 05:35:06 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Added \'do\' into the title »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: How much do you spend on tickets in a season?
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2010 07:28:02 pm
      If those 2 are still owners Ill be spending zero on tickets next season and that kills me to say that

What Ill save on that and flights will be used to celebrate the day they fook off
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2010 08:24:31 pm
      I spent easily over £1000 but that includes Euro Away's and all the travelling costs. Went to a lot of Prem away's as well so spent a fair bit, but i think i am not gonna do it this season, as Brian said until those 2 idiots have gone i think i will save the money.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2010 01:57:43 am
      Difficult to say.  Must have easily pushed past £600 on tickets.  Went to a couple of aways which involved travel, hotel stays. Say another £250?

Must be pushing £1000 for me.

Which I will NOT be spending next season until them useless pair of turds have lowered their £800M valuation, fu**ed off, and took that Chelsea supporting chairman with them and the other bellend.

And it feels good.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2010 02:55:46 am
      I reckon I spent around £800-900 including the taxi's, pints, chippy stops and the few away games I went to.

Not bad for a student eh? I was just gonna say all your taxes went to a good cause, but most of it is in the Yanks pockets now. Sad times. At least a bit went to Fung Mei chippy by Anfield...I dont know if thats its name. I always forget, its the yellow one anyway.

Im not sure how I had that much money spare this year...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2010 10:37:47 am
      Well I'm going to be very well off next season, as I reckon I spent well over a grand last season on travel and tickets.

Like others have said, I'll be keeping my money tightly in my purse whilst the two clowns are in charge of our club, hopefully one day they'll get the message.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Jun 15, 2010 02:49:54 pm
      I must of spent £1000+ as well last season.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2010 11:11:03 am
      I spent over £700 on 6 Matches last season thats + Train Hotel then what ever you drink and eat then spend in the club shop on the Sunday before you catch the train .
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2010 06:35:56 pm
      im from ireland so generally costs me a couple hundred quid every game, went to 5 and dearest game was against manure, set me back the bones of €1000 over the weekend as everything was done last minute. id say overall spent last yr was close to €3500. this season im gonna try going to away games close to main airports and maybe even do 1 day trips to cut costs, wont be going to any home games this season until the 2 lads have sold up.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2010 06:56:25 pm
      im from ireland so generally costs me a couple hundred quid every game, went to 5 and dearest game was against manure, set me back the bones of €1000 over the weekend as everything was done last minute.

F**k me lad, for one game?!  :o
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2010 07:24:41 pm
      ^^^ yup flights were 200 return, match tix were 120 each, accommodation was over 100 a night (2 nights), food and drinks then from fri-sun covered the rest and there was copious amounts of both consumed :P, reckon it came to bout 900, wasn't pleasant going to the atm for a mini statement when i got home but was worth it :D
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2010 08:18:31 pm
      Yeah am the same mate coming from Scotland worth it though aye Mate. ?

im from ireland so generally costs me a couple hundred quid every game, went to 5 and dearest game was against manure, set me back the bones of €1000 over the weekend as everything was done last minute. id say overall spent last yr was close to €3500. this season im gonna try going to away games close to main airports and maybe even do 1 day trips to cut costs, wont be going to any home games this season until the 2 lads have sold up.
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 10:27:16 am by Venison 86 »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2010 08:43:15 pm
      Last season, went to around 15 games so approx £550-£600?
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2010 09:15:50 pm
      Yeah am the same mate coming from Scotland worth it though aye Mate. ?

quote author=imcfitz link=topic=30670.msg697788#msg697788 date=1276796156]

deffo well worth it, every time!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2010 02:50:17 am
      ^^^ yup flights were 200 return, match tix were 120 each, accommodation was over 100 a night (2 nights), food and drinks then from fri-sun covered the rest and there was copious amounts of both consumed :P, reckon it came to bout 900, wasn't pleasant going to the atm for a mini statement when I got home but was worth it :D

120 a ticket? Jesus mate...they went on general sale! :)
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 18, 2010 01:46:17 pm

120 a ticket? Jesus mate...they went on general sale! :)

ya but everythin was last minute so my wallet basically got raped by a friends ticket connection, reckoned he cud have got 200 for it but was doing me a deal :S, meh deffo worth it, it was either spend the 120 in the boozer at home or spend 2 hours in anfield..... always gonna be an easy decision
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      Reply #16: Jun 19, 2010 11:02:23 pm
      Am the same mate i Bought a wigan home ticket last season for the reds bar £98 pound and there was still empty seats in stadium also would of had to wait 16 days before game to get tickets .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2010 11:22:15 pm
      on average about 100£ per year.... (3 games) When I think I can get a whole season ticket for Warrington Wolves for 80£ it puts it into perspective. Football has shat upon its roots, and FIFA and the FA endorse it.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Jun 29, 2010 04:54:14 pm
      on average about 100£ per year.... (3 games) When I think I can get a whole season ticket for Warrington Wolves for 80£ it puts it into perspective. Football has shat upon its roots, and FIFA and the FA endorse it.

Are Warrington Wolves not a Rugby team?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Jun 29, 2010 10:30:53 pm
      Are Warrington Wolves not a Rugby team?

Think he means in perspective as far as how far football has gone away from the grass roots, regardless of code.

Spent probably near on 200 pound myself last season with a couple shirts, other merchandise, and my e-season.

None of which will be bought this season until they are OUT!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2010 11:39:06 am
      Im over a £1000 as well, each home game is about £80+ thats the cost of the ticket and coach fare and I was at maybe 10 homes last season and around 6 or 7 aways so yeah would say £1000-£1200.

MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #21: Jul 01, 2010 06:19:31 am
      Bout a grand for the last two times i went with my family in total did one of those reds bar thomas cook deals great seats but i felt bad for locals who had been raped out of them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2010 05:49:26 pm
      Think he means in perspective as far as how far football has gone away from the grass roots, regardless of code.

Spent probably near on 200 pound myself last season with a couple shirts, other merchandise, and my e-season.

None of which will be bought this season until they are OUT!

Exactly right. Rugby League for now, is sticking to being a working mans sport, 50£ season ticket for u-16s, 120£ season tickets for adults and 80£ season tickets for students. Value for Rugby is above all sports (a season ticket covers home and away games) especially if you love it like I do :D.

Football is different completely. It is now targetted around screwing over the fans, because they know that fans are incredibly loyal. Win/Lose/Draw, people will be prepare to pay 1000s and 1000s of £££££££ a season to follow their team.

The price therefore sky rockets and will continue to do so until football fans as a whole make a stand. An unrealistic thought.

Quick Reply