Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Dallas Observer: Hicks will use Liverpool profits for Texas Rangers losses

Read 4011 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Dallas Observer: Hicks will use Liverpool profits for Texas Rangers losses
      Jun 08, 2010 08:50:25 pm
      In its Tom Hicks puff piece a couple of Sundays ago, The Dallas Morning News noted that Hicks expects to lose, oh, maybe a "couple hundred million" on the sales of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars.

But no worries: Hicks told the paper he'd make up those losses when he finally sells Liverpool FC. Which is worth noting because the U.K. Mirror has this exclusive concerning two potential buyers for the storied soccer team who've backed out because, sources say, Hicks refuses to budge off his asking price of close to £800 million.

Says the story, buyers out of the Middle East and "a consortium led by a prominent American businessman" have expressed real interest in taking the Reds off Hicks and George Gillett's hands. Problem is, Barclays Capital, charged with finding a buyer, can't get Hicks to come down -- while Gillett, on the other hand, is more than willing to bargain since he's tired of being hounded by Spirit of Shankly.

An excerpt:

A source working on the sale of the Merseyside club for BarCap revealed privately: "We have found more than one really good fit investors, who have the wealth not to worry about a few hundred million quid. But they will not be held to ransom, because they know the asking price is unreasonable, and they simply don't want to be taken for a ride, no matter how rich they are."

There is a growing fear amongst those close to the deal that Hicks' business empire has been suffering in the global economic crisis, and that is motivating his hard-line stance over a price.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/06/report_hicks_means_it_when_he.php

So, Hicks ISN'T in a huge rush to sell Liverpool then?  Still holding out for £800M.

RBS should have called in that loan.  It seems all RBS did was extend our misery.

I didn't see the full article in the Mirror, but I suppose we can take some crumb of comfort that there are some serious investors interested.  Just not prepared to pay the ridiculous amount Hicks wants.

Like I said folks.  Match boycotting is the only way to get him to lower his silly valuation.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Dallas Observer: Hicks will use Liverpool profits for Texas Rangers losses
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2010 08:56:38 pm
      Mmmmm, Shocked at this news I am Not.. The dark side is strong with this one.

It's all Hicks, Hicks, Hicks, isn't it. Shithead. Like that other Texan Bush, they just F**k up anything they touch, and promise the world and deliver hell on earth.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2010 08:57:12 pm
      The July 4th countdown continues........

"A day that shook the yanks" ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2010 08:59:10 pm
      Well spotted JD. Is good news to hear that concrete offers have been made for the Club. As you have said, match boycotting and a total boycott of the owners associates must happen NOW. The only place to hurt them is in the pocket. A smear campaign against RBS would also push things forward with speed. The banks are just as guilty as the owners, as long as the interest payments keep coming they don't give a f**k about us!
      It's like paying the minimum amount per month on a credit card, the money comes in in dribs and drabs and the debt still remains.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2010 09:13:09 pm
      JD I posted the Mirror article in the "investment merry go round" thread.  It states that although RBS have extended the financing in return for a quick sale it hasn't actually been signed off by them.  This would infer that if they keep refusing to sell they can call in the loan at any time.

I also read this article too and they continue to treat us and now the banks, with contempt.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2010 09:17:32 pm
      Hicks is F***ing mental.

I've said it in previous posts that recent events have humiliated him and he is exhibiting the tell tale signs of delusional paranoia. We should not be surprised if he starts to go for a scorched earth policy with our club.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2010 09:19:47 pm
      Mmmmm, Shocked at this news I am Not.. The dark side is strong with this one.

It's all Hicks, Hicks, Hicks, isn't it. Shithead. Like that other Texan Bush, they just F**k up anything they touch, and promise the world and deliver hell on earth.
      Destroy the Hicks we must.

New paragraph I have.

The club won't be sold anytime soon if he won't budge his price so I guess like what JD said the only thing we can really do to force the issue is hit him right where it hurts, his wallet.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2010 09:46:10 pm
      I'm boycotting everything they would line his pockets. I won't buy the shirts even from a retailer until they're gone.

Maybe we should target RBS and threaten to boycott them again?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2010 10:13:23 pm
      RBS will extend the deal as many times as is legally possible, they're making a killing on the interest payments.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2010 10:18:23 pm
      Someone kill him already
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2010 10:22:58 pm

This. F***ing w**ker.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2010 10:26:21 pm
      This guy is a f*cking joke, i cant wait for the day the 2 septics are gone out of Anfield.

RBS will extend the deal as many times as is legally possible, they're making a killing on the interest payments.

as long as they get their money, they dont give a sh*t about the outcome of LFC. Only BarCap can do something about the club....which they wont.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2010 10:42:42 pm
      So the plan is cream LFC for the benefit of one of his floundering American investments, they struggle on and we sink.
      If anyone needed any encouragement to sever all ties with the club and get rid of the Hicks cancer this is it
      It's been said before that time is now his greatest enemy and all the wolves need to do is stalk and he will fall, the supporters can cut off his only means of holding on to LFC....blank the club.
      We are dealing with a ruthless, remorseless c**t.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2010 10:53:11 pm by stuey »
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2010 10:57:32 pm
      So the plan is cream LFC for the benefit of one of his floundering American investments, they struggle on and we sink.

In a nutshell...yep, and i think remorsless is a MASSIVE understatement to describe them 2 c*nts
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2010 11:09:43 pm
      It's a sad day indeed when the fans are forced to boycott games and merchandise of their beloved club , even i despise this greedy , money driven capitalist c**t .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2010 11:12:07 pm
      Apologies for starting with an article that had already been posted elsewhere.

Locked this topic

Carry on with the discussion in the Investment/Takeover thread from about here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=5956.msg688393#msg688393

Quick Reply