Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096169 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10120: Jun 18, 2019 12:29:44 pm
      Its scary mate and when you get older it gets quicker and scarier each year. We were all so much younger back in 2005.
      He still lives in Caldy his wife does a lot of Charity work in the area he can be seen walking his Dog when he is about always has time for a quick hello just a cracking bloke who brought us Number 5.

The fact that Rafa and his family still reside on Merseyside indicates his unrelenting commitment to Liverpool, his and his good ladies’ work for charity is well known, any chance of a knighthood?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10121: Jun 18, 2019 02:01:50 pm
      The fact that Rafa and his family still reside on Merseyside indicates his unrelenting commitment to Liverpool, his and his good ladies’ work for charity is well known, any chance of a knighthood?

the area and City is full of players who just forget to leave . 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10122: Jun 24, 2019 01:08:39 pm
      Leaving Newcastle end of June...

Tipped for the Chelsea seat..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10123: Jun 24, 2019 01:33:01 pm
      Leaving Newcastle end of June...

Tipped for the Chelsea seat..

he is a glutton for punishment . He is well away from Newcastle but if he gets to Chelsea we all know how well he knows the CL and now the old guard have gone he might be better appreciated . I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea though China would be a nice pension pot filler for him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10124: Jun 24, 2019 01:35:31 pm
      he is a glutton for punishment . He is well away from Newcastle but if he gets to Chelsea we all know how well he knows the CL and now the old guard have gone he might be better appreciated . I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea though China would be a nice pension pot filler for him.

I hear you Walt but the only pot’s Rafa is interested in are silver and ones kept in the club cabinets..

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10125: Jun 24, 2019 01:46:10 pm
      Hope Newcastle gets relegated!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10126: Jun 24, 2019 01:54:58 pm
      This Mike Ashley genuinely sounds like the biggest idiot in football or just incredibly tight.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10127: Jun 24, 2019 02:09:15 pm
      This Mike Ashley genuinely sounds like the biggest idiot in football or just incredibly tight.

A greedy idiot.
      He only cares about money, so he milks the club as much as he can.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10128: Jun 24, 2019 02:10:33 pm
      A greedy idiot.
      He only cares about money, so he milks the club as much as he can.

Hughes and Monk favourite to replace. That must be so depressing for the fans
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #10129: Jun 24, 2019 02:14:18 pm
      Surprised he's stayed that long. The owners have zero intention of investing and growing the club and all they care about is staying in the PL. Rafa deserves a team that backs him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10130: Jun 24, 2019 02:21:12 pm
      Rafa way too good for that shower.

Just backed Newcastle to be relegated next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10131: Jun 24, 2019 03:18:20 pm

I don’t for their fans, from what I understand their supporters don’t have anything to pay for, it’s their muppet owner that’s at fault. They need to do whatever they can to send a message to him that they’ve had enough although sadly I don’t think it would matter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10132: Jun 25, 2019 06:55:41 pm
      £25mil for the China job does he need someone to carry the bags for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10133: Jul 02, 2019 01:13:49 pm
      £12 mil a year for Rafa who is 60 next year so a nice little pension pot topper. Not sure how life will be in China its an incredible country but I guess he is used to living in Hotels and I am sure the money will soften
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #10134: Jul 02, 2019 01:25:31 pm
      Rafa way too good for that shower.

Just backed Newcastle to be relegated next season.

The club are sound, Ashley is the only pr**k in the equation.

£12 mil a year for Rafa who is 60 next year so a nice little pension pot topper. Not sure how life will be in China its an incredible country but I guess he is used to living in Hotels and I am sure the money will soften

Wish our man all the best in his latest chapter.
      Looks like Rafa's opted for a quieter life as opposed to his total commitment to clubs whose owners have an entirely different agenda to his and are intent on taking the piss.
      Dedication and honesty were Mr Benitez' undoing.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2019 01:36:43 pm by stuey »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10135: Jul 03, 2019 05:21:58 pm
      Hmmm,i wonder if there will be a bump in posts on the chinese super league thread?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10136: Jul 19, 2019 02:40:29 pm
      See Bruce has said he has big boots to fill. Talk of boycotting games etc what a mess they are in must now be favourites for the drop. Mean while Rafa is topping up his already huge pension fund.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #10137: Jul 19, 2019 06:20:42 pm
      Nice to see Rafa has signed Rondon! Should do well in that ridiculous league
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10138: Jul 27, 2019 12:51:17 pm
      Mike Ashley being a cheeky b***ard.

Ashley Criticises Benitez

Mike Ashley has hit out at former Newcastle United and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez.

Benitez left St. James’ Park this summer to join Dalian Yifang in China after his contract expired.

On the breakdown in talks over a new deal, Ashley said: “If you come out and say the things he did you would think it was football club first, Rafa second, money third.

“I’d say it was money first, Rafa, then the club last. He took the totally soft option, took the money and went to China. That disappoints me.

“If he’d gone back to Real Madrid, or a top six club in the Premier League, I get it. But it was about money and all he had to do was say that from the beginning.

“My view always was we had to keep Rafa. For my own personal safety we had to keep Rafa.

“I thought he had us offside, he had us cornered, it wasn’t fair, it wasn’t right, I’ve been totally out-manoeuvred, I probably shouldn’t own a football club, it’s ridiculous, but I’m a big boy.

“Yet every time with Rafa it was impossible – there was always another thing, and the next thing, and the next thing. He asked for a 50 per cent pay increase and I think he did that because he knew it couldn’t work.

“And if we had agreed to that, I think it would have been something else. And everyone thinks we lost him because we wouldn’t pay a couple of quid more. He had the microphone and we didn’t.”

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10139: Jul 27, 2019 02:56:27 pm
      Mike Ashley being a cheeky b***ard.

Ashley Criticises Benitez

Mike Ashley has hit out at former Newcastle United and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez.

Benitez left St. James’ Park this summer to join Dalian Yifang in China after his contract expired.

On the breakdown in talks over a new deal, Ashley said: “If you come out and say the things he did you would think it was football club first, Rafa second, money third.

“I’d say it was money first, Rafa, then the club last. He took the totally soft option, took the money and went to China. That disappoints me.

“If he’d gone back to Real Madrid, or a top six club in the Premier League, I get it. But it was about money and all he had to do was say that from the beginning.

“My view always was we had to keep Rafa. For my own personal safety we had to keep Rafa.

“I thought he had us offside, he had us cornered, it wasn’t fair, it wasn’t right, I’ve been totally out-manoeuvred, I probably shouldn’t own a football club, it’s ridiculous, but I’m a big boy.

“Yet every time with Rafa it was impossible – there was always another thing, and the next thing, and the next thing. He asked for a 50 per cent pay increase and I think he did that because he knew it couldn’t work.

“And if we had agreed to that, I think it would have been something else. And everyone thinks we lost him because we wouldn’t pay a couple of quid more. He had the microphone and we didn’t.”

Think the only part of that anyone would agree on is that he shouldn't own a Football club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10140: Jul 27, 2019 04:04:10 pm
      Mike Ashley talking about what’s fair and what’s right?! The guy been on smack or something?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10141: Jul 27, 2019 04:06:24 pm
      The Newcastle fans won't be taken in by his crap. If they don't start well it will get very ugly pretty quickly up there
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10142: Jul 27, 2019 04:09:20 pm
      Didn’t Ashley say he wouldn’t be putting anymore money in for signings. One of the reasons Rafa left was because he couldn’t get signings. Then he leaves and Ashley stumps up £40mill for some random striker with a piss poor scoring record.

Quick Reply