Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1101913 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10212: Jun 26, 2021 03:58:53 pm
      Can’t help but see it as a lose lose situation for Rafa. If it doesn’t work out what a clusterfuck it will be. If he does somehow make them respectable can’t see many Reds being really happy about that.

I agree, catch 22 for him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10213: Jun 26, 2021 04:24:51 pm
      As posted previously the man is a professional and will look on this in the same manner as any club he's managed, he will apply all his skills and energy to the task before him.
      Wether he is given the ingredients to succeed is another matter.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #10214: Jun 26, 2021 04:27:05 pm
      If he goes to Everton then he will destroy his legacy in my eyes. You do not do it if you have more than just respect for LFC. It‘s not like I‘d hate him since football has become a whore business anyway where money rulez over anything, but I‘d be disappointed. I do think Stevie for instance would never EVER go to Everton or ManWhores, never. That‘s the difference.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #10215: Jun 26, 2021 04:29:29 pm
      Rafa at Everton, really can't believe it!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10216: Jun 26, 2021 04:44:50 pm
      If he goes to Everton then he will destroy his legacy in my eyes. You do not do it if you have more than just respect for LFC. It‘s not like I‘d hate him since football has become a whore business anyway where money rulez over anything, but I‘d be disappointed. I do think Stevie for instance would never EVER go to Everton or ManWhores, never. That‘s the difference.

Well if one legend looks pretty certain to go their what's to say another one won't?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #10217: Jun 26, 2021 04:58:46 pm
      Surely he is not that hard up for a managerial post to go to Everton. Stranger things have happened, in this crazy world we live in nowadays !
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #10218: Jun 26, 2021 05:26:17 pm
      Well... if he wants to move home and the other top job is occupied by Jürgen, you move to work for a competitor who is willing to hire you. I guess it applies to everyone of us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10219: Jun 26, 2021 06:10:11 pm
      Well... if he wants to move home and the other top job is occupied by Jürgen, you move to work for a competitor who is willing to hire you. I guess it applies to everyone of us.

He already lives in the area but your comment is correct.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #10220: Jun 26, 2021 06:10:20 pm

More waffling nonsense, proper reds know the score!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10221: Jun 26, 2021 06:52:50 pm

Your views are not those of the majority, Rafa's accomplishments for this club both on and off the field are legendary.

His commitment to LFC even after being sacked for F**k knows what is beyond admirable; his help for various charities including the Hillsborough appeal are well known, it is disgusting that anyone would attempt to besmirch his name for such trivial resentment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10222: Jun 26, 2021 07:55:48 pm

Ask Huyton Red if he'll go and work for Man United.   :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #10223: Jun 26, 2021 08:03:06 pm
      Ask Huyton Red if he'll go and work for Man United.   :f_whistle:

Pay me enough I'd get you back to being the biggest team in your own city ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10224: Jun 26, 2021 08:04:58 pm
      Pay me enough I'd get you back to being the biggest team in your own city ;)

Yeah right.  :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,306 posts | 277 
      Reply #10225: Jun 26, 2021 09:05:07 pm
      That would well wind up the bitters when we play them if the Kop were singing Raafa Rafael..when he's their manager, as we'd be kicking their arses anyway
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #10226: Jun 26, 2021 09:07:36 pm
      Paco De Miguel and a fitness coach going in with him, Big Dunc his assistant.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10227: Jun 26, 2021 09:27:31 pm
      Paco De Miguel and a fitness coach going in with him, Big Dunc his assistant.

Big Dunc might tw@t him for calling them a small club.  ;D
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #10228: Jun 26, 2021 09:34:23 pm
      Big Dunc might tw@t him for calling them a small club.  ;D

Haha! Big up Rafa for keeping big Dunc as assistant and I personally think it’s a good job for him. If it goes well he’ll win them over and if not can walk off and say F**k off I told you you were a small club 😁.

He’s a legend who was badly treated so wish him all the best to always try and finish 2nd 😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10229: Jun 26, 2021 09:39:19 pm
      Haha! Big up Rafa for keeping big Dunc as assistant and I personally think it’s a good job for him. If it goes well he’ll win them over and if not can walk off and say f**k off I told you you were a small club 😁.

He’s a legend who was badly treated so wish him all the best to always try and finish 2nd 😉

Big Dunc  being Everton through and through will never except Rafa. He'll have to pretend to be ok with it but in my opinion 100% won't be happy about it.

Obviously he has to think about his living, how money can talk. Even HR would go to Old Trafford if the money was right.   :lmao:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #10230: Jun 26, 2021 09:55:32 pm
      Big Dunc  being Everton through and through will never except Rafa. He'll have to pretend to be ok with it but in my opinion 100% won't be happy about it.

Obviously he has to think about his living, how money can talk. Even HR would go to Old Trafford if the money was right.   :lmao:

Rafa is the boss and takes no sh*t so tough sh*te for Dunc I’m afraid.

HR would make your lot want the chosen one back in 10 minutes on purpose 😁
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2021 10:01:15 pm by bigbob75 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10231: Jun 26, 2021 10:11:54 pm
      Rafa is the boss and takes no sh*t so tough sh*te for Dunc I’m afraid.

HR would make your lot want the chosen one back in 10 minutes on purpose 😁

Wouldn't surprise me if Dunc did fcuk off, from a outsiders point of view, can't wait for the sh!t to hit the fan.  ;D

HR loves money more than Liverpool  :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #10232: Jun 27, 2021 01:53:20 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if Dunc did fcuk off, from a outsiders point of view, can't wait for the sh!t to hit the fan.  ;D

HR loves money more than Liverpool  :f_tongueincheek:

If that was true I'd be a millionaire already from selling my own tickets rather than going the game ;)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #10233: Jun 27, 2021 03:26:29 pm
      Wish Rafa well, if appointed, on mission impossible. One thing for sure Everton will always be in our shadow !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10234: Jun 27, 2021 03:38:00 pm
      If that was true I'd be a millionaire already from selling my own tickets rather than going the game ;)

Thought they came in lucky bags  :f_whistle:  ;D

Quick Reply