Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102543 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10235: Jun 28, 2021 12:25:51 pm
      So a banner left close by Rafa’s house stating ‘we know where you live, don’t sign’ is a new low for Everton supporters..

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #10236: Jun 28, 2021 01:24:16 pm
      So a banner left close by Rafa’s house stating ‘we know where you live, don’t sign’ is a new low for Everton supporters..

As opposed to what? Sending a bullet in the post to Southall!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10237: Jun 29, 2021 07:14:18 am
      They hung it outside the wrong house the Dumb cu*ts!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

F***ing hilarious!  :D :D
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,112 posts | 83 
      Reply #10238: Jun 29, 2021 09:25:24 pm
      Your views are not those of the majority,

…because the majority of nowaday fans are spineless, valueless entertainment consumers. Any real diehard fan thinks like me. And it‘s not like I hate Rafa for his move. I can understand it, I wish him well and I still respect him for what he did, but he‘s no true Red anymore and will never be again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #10239: Jun 29, 2021 09:29:08 pm
      …because the majority of nowaday fans are spineless, valueless entertainment consumers. Any real diehard fan thinks like me.

What part of Liverpool you from? Match-goer here for the last 37 years, so a diehard and I can safely say you talk utter sh*te.

Most of the lads I know from the match don't think like you either.

You're a clueless biff.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #10240: Jun 29, 2021 09:32:57 pm
      …because the majority of nowaday fans are spineless, valueless entertainment consumers. Any real diehard fan thinks like me. And it‘s not like I hate Rafa for his move. I can understand it, I wish him well and I still respect him for what he did, but he‘s no true Red anymore and will never be again.

Real diehard Scouse Liverpool fans are F***ing loving it because we know it's causing Evertonian heads to fall off..........and we've got Klopp!!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #10241: Jun 29, 2021 09:45:37 pm
      An Evertonian at work said give him £10m pay off now and save time 😂. It's a master stroke from Rafa I reckon, he's getting sacked in November and walking off with a big pay day.
      Seriously though those bitter idiots need to get in the real world, who better will they get? They're sh*te 😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10242: Jun 29, 2021 10:08:43 pm

You "understand " nothing, you have no conception of the profound admiration LFC supporters have for Mr Benitez and his family.
      The family still live on Merseyside and are accepted by the community.
      Rafa and his good lady have donated to and backed various charities in Liverpool not least of all the Hillsborough appeal.

You have the F***ing nerve to come on this forum and accuse Rafa of not being a supporter of LFC, you are a F***ing idiot or a wum.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10243: Jun 29, 2021 10:43:51 pm
      Now would be a good time to put a bit in for an Everton player,  not that they have anyone worth buying, just do it to add to the fume.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #10244: Jun 29, 2021 10:56:06 pm
      Right lads, time to get the popcorn out, as it seems this thread is about to be busy again.  :action-smiley-057:

Quote from -LFC-
      He'll have a hell of a lot more support on the red side of the city than the blue. I wish him well. Not too well but perhaps now they might actually win something.

He has one job to do there. Beat us. In derbies/leagues/cups etc. Simple as that. Although hopefully we'll help to make it a more difficult job. Do that and they'll shower him with confetti. Don't do it and they'll boo him out of a job. I'm not insane enough to wish him well as we know what that means, but I don't wish any opponent well in their mission to beat Liverpool FC.

Quote from Isaac!
      Rafa makes legendary status for the miracle, but he is not high in the hiearchy for me. He got the club, he was brilliant with Hillsborough and he operated under appalling owners, yet the style was sh*t, cautious and defence first Mourinho like. It might have been different if he got a bigger budget, but his fundamental coaching instincts made for dull sh*te a lot of the time.

They win so little that their "trophy" is the odd time we drop the ball against them. Last season, they all hit the beach and put their head in the sand with 3 months still to go.

We know he went to the condemned dump several times for negotiations. So we can only assume one demand kept popping up.

"I want money to spend"
      "I want more money to spend"
      "I want much more money to spend".

Obviously Moshiri doesn't know who he's dealing with yet. But don't worry, he will see soon enough. At least when Ablett and Beardsley went over, they had little say in the matter. He on the other hand, knows exactly what he's done and all that goes with it. But maybe it's one rule for him and another rule for everyone else.

Quote from PTU
      You make it sound like we were parking the bus under Rafa. I suggest you watch again some of our games. Yes, we were organised and played a bit more defensively than under Jürgen, but that's basically 95% of the managers. That's a far cry from anti-football.

I suggest then you watch again some of these match specials.

Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 0-0 West Ham
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley
      Liverpool 1-2 Reading
      Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina

That's just a short selection of home games. Good people here paid hard earned money, to turn up and put up with that idea of "controlling the game" entertainment. However for me, one watch was enough. It's not just that night in Istanbul that lives long in the memory.

He's their 8th man in charge since Jürgen arrived. When they start booing him, the usual excuses will start. He can't do this and can't do that and didn't get the other, the same tired old ones that convinced Redmen of that generation  that finishing in the top 4 every year was a successful season. Rather than raising league trophies and world titles, and shiny gold medals as is the case now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #10245: Jun 29, 2021 11:00:58 pm
      I will like the majority of Liverpool fans, always be grateful for what Rafa achieved for the club & charities he has supported. Not forgetting he had to put up with the Hicks & Gillette era. Good luck to him wherever he goes, he will certainly need it at Everton, to say the least !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #10246: Jun 29, 2021 11:52:50 pm
      Right lads, time to get the popcorn out, as it seems this thread is about to be busy again.  :action-smiley-057:

He has one job to do there. Beat us. In derbies/leagues/cups etc. Simple as that. Although hopefully we'll help to make it a more difficult job. Do that and they'll shower him with confetti. Don't do it and they'll boo him out of a job. I'm not insane enough to wish him well as we know what that means, but I don't wish any opponent well in their mission to beat Liverpool FC.

They win so little that their "trophy" is the odd time we drop the ball against them. Last season, they all hit the beach and put their head in the sand with 3 months still to go.

We know he went to the condemned dump several times for negotiations. So we can only assume one demand kept popping up.

"I want money to spend"
      "I want more money to spend"
      "I want much more money to spend".

Obviously Moshiri doesn't know who he's dealing with yet. But don't worry, he will see soon enough. At least when Ablett and Beardsley went over, they had little say in the matter. He on the other hand, knows exactly what he's done and all that goes with it. But maybe it's one rule for him and another rule for everyone else.

I suggest then you watch again some of these match specials.

Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 0-0 West Ham
      Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
      Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley
      Liverpool 1-2 Reading
      Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina

That's just a short selection of home games. Good people here paid hard earned money, to turn up and put up with that idea of "controlling the game" entertainment. However for me, one watch was enough. It's not just that night in Istanbul that lives long in the memory.

He's their 8th man in charge since Jürgen arrived. When they start booing him, the usual excuses will start. He can't do this and can't do that and didn't get the other, the same tired old ones that convinced Redmen of that generation  that finishing in the top 4 every year was a successful season. Rather than raising league trophies and world titles, and shiny gold medals as is the case now.

Well I'll wish him well for what he did for the club and you can continue to compile your lists. I don't much mind what the other lot do as long as it doesn't impede our progress, and I should imagine it won't.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #10247: Jun 29, 2021 11:56:55 pm
      This is a low blow. He should not accept this job. No excuses. No justification for it.

It's a betrayal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #10248: Jun 30, 2021 12:31:41 am
      This is a low blow. He should not accept this job. No excuses. No justification for it.

It's a betrayal.

Betrayal was his sacking...the rest is white noise.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,112 posts | 83 
      Reply #10249: Jun 30, 2021 07:44:33 am
      You have the f**king nerve to come on this forum and accuse Rafa of not being a supporter of LFC, you are a f**king idiot or a wum.

It's pretty obvious that coaching a historical league rival like Everton is a sign of not supporting LFC, except if you imply that Rafa deliberately wants to sabotage them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #10250: Jun 30, 2021 10:49:17 am
      It's pretty obvious that coaching a historical league rival like Everton is a sign of not supporting LFC, except if you imply that Rafa deliberately wants to sabotage them.

The man is a professional in his field.
      What is your farcical comment on players who have competed for both teams and have shown unquestionable loyalty to their employer?
      Beardsley and McMahon spring immediately to mind.

Edit - Cannot wait for the Anfield  fixture .
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2021 11:02:56 am by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #10251: Jun 30, 2021 10:59:55 am
      Betrayal was his sacking...the rest is white noise.

Yep.

Rafa will always have an affinity with us but the club did sack him and a sizable portion of the fanbase were happy to hound him our as well.

He's a professional and will see this as a good job close to home and nothing more.

Well when I say nothing more we all no Rafa loves nothing more than a bit of needle. ;D

Good luck to him is all I say. It won't affect how I view him as a manager of us and, more importantly, as a human being.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2021 11:08:50 am by srslfc »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #10252: Jun 30, 2021 11:06:22 am
      If I was born an Everton fan I'd like to think I had the sense that he was a good manager for my club.

Players have moved and done well so why not managers. 

He doesn't owe us anything. He was ultimately treated poorly by the then owners of LFC.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #10253: Jun 30, 2021 11:07:01 am
      Yep.

Rafa will always have an affinity with us but the club did sack him and a sizable portion of the fanbase were happy to hound him our as well.

He's a professional and will see this as a good job close to home and nothing more.

Well when I say nothing more we all no Rafa loves nothing more than a bit off needle.

Good luck to him is all I say. It won't affect how I view him as a manager of us and, more importantly, as a human being.

Rafa always puts the aspirations of supporters first, look how he fought for us at the cost of his reputation as a control freak manager who only wants to spend,spend spend, then he United the Geordie faithful again costing him his job by not being a gatekeeper for Ashley...

Everton, if they aspire to become one of the top 6 clubs & enjoy European footy then there’s no one better equipped than Rafa, sooner some of the Everton section wake up & accept this then I’m sure Rafa will be a success there, he will be in his element as he is working practically from home which will keep him far more concentrated..

I wish Rafa success.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10254: Jun 30, 2021 03:17:09 pm
      They have snatched up a top manager, good luck to them (not to much tho. ;D)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #10255: Jun 30, 2021 03:25:17 pm
      Going to be weird when we’re singing his name at the derby and those divvys are singing Spanish waiter.

As long as they’re not flying in the league competing with us at the top end then I wish him all the best.

Can’t stand their fans, they really don’t deserve him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #10256: Jun 30, 2021 03:37:33 pm
      Going to be weird when we’re singing his name at the derby and those divvys are singing Spanish waiter.

As long as they’re not flying in the league competing with us at the top end then I wish him all the best.

Can’t stand their fans, they really don’t deserve him.

Some of our own fans didn't deserve him either which is even worse.

Good to see you back on by the way
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #10257: Jun 30, 2021 04:25:48 pm
      Will always have a soft spot for Rafa regardless and given it was the club that sacked him after one poor season I can’t blame him for the choices made afterwards.

That being said I won’t be wishing him well. Hope the trophy drought continues for that lot.

Quick Reply