Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1103042 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #7383: Apr 12, 2015 02:49:35 pm
      If you read my post i said that i have respect for Benitez, but i think he's past his best in this moment.

past his best at the moment ? Being past your best usually means it ain't coming back !
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7384: Apr 13, 2015 01:58:05 am
      past his best at the moment ? Being past your best usually means it ain't coming back !

Perhaps he means he's even better than his best. Freudian slip, maybe he really admires Rafa
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7385: Apr 13, 2015 09:12:36 am
      If you read my post i said that i have respect for Benitez, but i think he's past his best in this moment.

The comment still applies.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #7386: Apr 13, 2015 09:28:11 am

Sorry, i made an error, i think he would be better at managing a national team than a club one in this moment.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,218 posts | 1221 
      Reply #7387: Apr 13, 2015 04:32:45 pm
      Napoli beat Fiorentina 3-0 at the weekend to move into fourth spot, 7 points behind Roma who occupy the third CL place. Roma don't have a particularly easy run-in by the looks of things, still having to play Inter and AC Milan away, and the Rome derby in the penultimate game of the season. It will be very interesting to see how things pan out. I reckon Napoli will finish fourth now, which would be OK ish if I was a Napoli fan, though I think much more depends on how they fair in the Europa League. They really could do with winning that to make their season a success.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7388: Apr 13, 2015 11:46:48 pm
      Napoli beat Fiorentina 3-0 at the weekend to move into fourth spot, 7 points behind Roma who occupy the third CL place. Roma don't have a particularly easy run-in by the looks of things, still having to play Inter and AC Milan away, and the Rome derby in the penultimate game of the season. It will be very interesting to see how things pan out. I reckon Napoli will finish fourth now, which would be OK ish if I was a Napoli fan, though I think much more depends on how they fair in the Europa League. They really could do with winning that to make their season a success.

Beat Wolfsburg and they probably will win it. Rafa likes German teams. The problem is whether the team dips because they aren't motivated due to Rafa most likely leaving. They start to think about their next move. Wolfsburg will be in form but Rafa rotates so his team may have more spring. Wolfsburg are in CL next year, Napoli are not so this may be extra motivation. I hope Napoli win I love Rafa and Maradona.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,218 posts | 1221 
      Reply #7389: Apr 14, 2015 01:00:47 am
      Beat Wolfsburg and they probably will win it. Rafa likes German teams. The problem is whether the team dips because they aren't motivated due to Rafa most likely leaving. They start to think about their next move. Wolfsburg will be in form but Rafa rotates so his team may have more spring. Wolfsburg are in CL next year, Napoli are not so this may be extra motivation. I hope Napoli win I love Rafa and Maradona.

Wolfsburg are 2nd in the Bundesliga so I imagine that could be a tough one for Rafa's side, although they do have the advantage of playing the second leg at home, and if you were a Wolfsburg fan you wouldn't see that as an easy tie by any means. I should imagine the motivation will be huge for both clubs. Just qualifying for Europe can be challenging enough for clubs of their stature, so to win one would be a huge achievement. Wolfsburg have never won a European trophy of course, while Napoli's last one was in 1988-1989 when Maradona was near his peak. If Rafa were to guide them to their 2nd ever UEFA Cup/Europa League title there would be mass celebrations on the streets of Naples and he would leave a hero with a third UEFA/Europa league to his name. To win it really would change everything not only for Napoli's season but Rafa's legacy there as well, IMO.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2015 01:19:28 am by -LFC- »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7390: Apr 16, 2015 12:12:46 am
      1988-1989 when Maradona was near his peak

It was the Everest of peaks to be fair. I agree, Napoli winning silverware like that is a big step. I wish we had prioritised it more to be honest.
      I know we wer going for 4th and the EL may have been beyond us but it was possible.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7391: Apr 16, 2015 09:36:14 pm
      Happy 55th Birthday to Rafa.

Celebrating by giving Wolfsburg a 3 nil spanking in their own back yard in the Europa League quarter final first leg.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7392: Apr 16, 2015 09:38:44 pm
      Happy birthday Rafa
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7393: Apr 16, 2015 09:43:18 pm
      4-1, despite Napoli going 4-0 up.

Nevertheless, this has been a Benitez masterclass so far. A fine fine reminder of his undoubted supremacy on the continent.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7394: Apr 16, 2015 09:43:48 pm
      Happy Birthday Rafa and just seen something on my timeline, 4-1 up at Wolfsburg, looking like they're heading for the semis, wouldn't put a penny on against them winning it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7395: Apr 16, 2015 10:03:57 pm
      It's his Birthday so he must be taking it easy.

Never mind.

Still BOSS in Europe.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #7396: Apr 16, 2015 10:10:17 pm
      Another genius performance in Europe from Benitez, always a wonderful thing to see.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #7397: Apr 16, 2015 10:13:47 pm
      4 away goals, nice birthday present.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7398: Apr 16, 2015 10:52:11 pm
      Rafa is an absurdly good manager in Europe. He just gets the tactics right so often and knows how to set his team up for two-legged ties. It depends on what City will be targeting, but if they want European success, I think Rafa should be their man.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #7399: Apr 16, 2015 11:09:10 pm
      It's his Birthday so he must be taking it easy.

Never mind.

Still BOSS in Europe.

I F***ing love that guy.

Happy birthday Boss.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7400: Apr 16, 2015 11:25:37 pm
      Rafa is an absurdly good manager in Europe. He just gets the tactics right so often and knows how to set his team up for two-legged ties. It depends on what City will be targeting, but if they want European success, I think Rafa should be their man.

I reckon they will target Europe but if Rafa has the funds that Citeh may provide I reckon he'll give the league a sheik (sic). Pellegrini and Mancini both won it at Citeh, so Rafa would be in the running.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,218 posts | 1221 
      Reply #7401: Apr 17, 2015 12:01:50 am
      Well in Rafa, a brilliant result thrashing the German 2nd placed side 4-1 on their home patch. Perfect day for him!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7402: Apr 17, 2015 12:43:00 am
      Impressive win against a strong Wolfsburg team with Schurrle, Luiz Gustavo, De Bruyne and others.

Happy birthday Rafa

Cheering for Napoli in the UEL this season
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7403: Apr 17, 2015 01:02:13 am
      Happy birthday Rafa, Happy birthday Boss.  :D   YNWA
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish