Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102829 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9177: May 18, 2016 08:19:05 am
      Maybe like at Valencia he wants to build something from the bottom and sees the potential at Newcastle, they are a big club who have been mismanaged for a long time.

Yep, outside of LFC, Arse, Chavs, both Manc teams, NUFC is the biggest job in Uk football, even if its a poisoned chalice.

I'm hearing the end game is Ashley is going to back him financially as he wants to sell the club.

I'm in Geordie land and knew he'd agreed to stay hours before the media.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9178: May 18, 2016 08:46:34 am
      Don't know about "like Valencia, building something from the bottom" so much, Valencia had reached two consecutive Champions League finals in the two seasons before Benitez took over there. Newcastle is not really comparable, but I think it's a sensible decision to stay there.

Getting promoted ought to be a straight forward enough task given their team and resources, then it's just a question of getting them Premiership established. Ought to be a very interesting project for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9179: May 18, 2016 09:18:14 am
      Not sure how long his relationship will last with Ashley the man is a real piece of work he has in the last 10 years treated the club very badly appointing Kinnear and Wise was just wrong it would be like bringing in Lampard to our coaching staff. They have a really poor squad it needs clearing out and starting again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9180: May 18, 2016 09:50:10 am
      Not sure how long his relationship will last with Ashley the man is a real piece of work he has in the last 10 years treated the club very badly appointing Kinnear and Wise was just wrong it would be like bringing in Lampard to our coaching staff. They have a really poor squad it needs clearing out and starting again.

He's basically relinquished control of transfers to Rafa, I can see good times ahead for the barcodes, all the noise coming out of Newcastle is there has been a massive paradigm shift in Ashley's thinking.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9181: May 18, 2016 09:59:43 am
      What on earth is he thinking, staying with them.

Surely there are going to be opportunities this summer for a big club that he could manage. 

Newcastle, in the Championship?!

Come on Rafa....
      The Newcastle fans really took to Rafa, he is also becoming less popular because as he keeps team jumping. If he stays at Newcastle and gets them promoted it gives him some credibility. I would imagine for him to stay he is got some assurances that key players won't be leaving. If Newcastle players leave and Rafa stays.. I think Rafa could be out of his depth taking on the role.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9182: May 18, 2016 10:12:42 am
      I think Rafa could be out of his depth taking on the role.

You don't think Rafa has the knowledge to bring in players that will do the job for him?

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #9183: May 18, 2016 10:29:06 am
      Rafa will do well with Newcastle, if he fails to get them up first time of asking which would mean having to win the championship or come in as runner I think he will get Newcastle through via the play off which in Itself is a ridiculous money churner & you can't bet against a Benitez team in a play off finals...

If Rafa gets Newcastle back into the prem then I'm under no doubt they won't be at the bottom of the league but rather fight for Europe...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9184: May 18, 2016 11:34:18 am
      Rafa wanted to sell Alonso so he could use the money to get Barry, who could play in more than one position, and a right winger.

Says so in his book.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9185: May 18, 2016 01:32:19 pm
      Can we maybe suspend this thread for today it seems wrong to be having any disagreements today its all about Jürgen and the boys today come on you REDS
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9186: May 18, 2016 03:55:00 pm
      Can we maybe suspend this thread for today it seems wrong to be having any disagreements today its all about Jürgen and the boys today come on you REDS

Totally agree. Suspend it forever as far as I'm concerned, every single argument that can be had, every single bit of abuse than can be dished out has already been done. I know many people won't agree, but this thread in my view causes nothing but division and resentment.

Start a new thread "Benitez, from Newcastle onwards" and take it from there. 
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9187: May 19, 2016 01:43:32 pm
      Well done Rafa and best of luck - I'll be keeping an eye on events.

Donavan (if that really IS you) how do you explain us getting back to the CL final in 2007 if it was nothing to do with Rafa and why haven't we been back there since?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9188: May 20, 2016 01:04:43 am
      Quote from Son Of A Gun
      It's not a cult - it's about sticking up for a good honest man who did his all for the club.

If you don't understand the emphasis that Liverpool supporters put on the character of the manager and whether he connects with the communitarian mindset of the fanbase, then it begs the question as to whether you truly understand what it means to support the club.

Its all about results. Results pay the bills after all. If you go 4 years without silverware as he did here, you can expect stick. Look at what Rodgers gets, and he was only here 3.

As regards his honesty, maybe I should ask Dudek to tell us again how honest Benitez is, or Alonso, or Keane, to name three.

Of course I take Dudek's word over Rafa's re: Gerrard's contract, as it's an  independent voice over populist spin. The Murphy sale was for bizarre reasons, nothing to do with money or ability, but who he sat with at Melwood. Never heard of a similar case since.

Rafa had plenty of cash at Real Madrid, and got sacked after 6 months for being completely incompetent in the job, replaced by a trainee who almost reeled in a 10 point gap to win the league. Whether he has cash, or whether he hasn't, his man management skills are zero, he just can't deliver what is expected of him on a consistent basis, and that's why he's ended up where he has.

Quote from bigmick
      Totally agree. Suspend it forever as far as I'm concerned, every single argument that can be had, every single bit of abuse than can be dished out has already been done. I know many people won't agree, but this thread in my view causes nothing but division and resentment.

Start a new thread "Benitez, from Newcastle onwards" and take it from there. 

You think that helps? For someone who says he doesn't touch this thread, he spends a lot of time posting on it. And there you were telling everyone that doesn't agree with SOAG was wrong.

This is a Discussion Thread. Strong discussion is welcome here or anywhere else on the forum. If posters cut out the swearing and the branding of others for disagreeing with them, it would be much better quality.

I'm aware that this thread is seen everywhere from America to Australia, so I don't swear at anyone, no matter what mud is thrown at me. How do I survive it? By realising that this is the only thread on the forum that I have a polar opposite opinion to the majority. Once I leave the debate and post elsewhere, I'm on message with everyone else.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9189: May 20, 2016 07:22:03 am

Once I leave the debate and post elsewhere, I'm on message with everyone else.

Bore off and leave the topic then because you've gotten pathetic with your sad little agenda and nobody even takes your posts seriously.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9190: May 20, 2016 08:47:11 am
      Its all about results. Results pay the bills after all. If you go 4 years without silverware as he did here, you can expect stick. Look at what Rodgers gets, and he was only here 3.

As regards his honesty, maybe I should ask Dudek to tell us again how honest Benitez is, or Alonso, or Keane, to name three.

Of course I take Dudek's word over Rafa's re: Gerrard's contract, as it's an  independent voice over populist spin. The Murphy sale was for bizarre reasons, nothing to do with money or ability, but who he sat with at Melwood. Never heard of a similar case since.

Rafa had plenty of cash at Real Madrid, and got sacked after 6 months for being completely incompetent in the job, replaced by a trainee who almost reeled in a 10 point gap to win the league. Whether he has cash, or whether he hasn't, his man management skills are zero, he just can't deliver what is expected of him on a consistent basis, and that's why he's ended up where he has.

You think that helps? For someone who says he doesn't touch this thread, he spends a lot of time posting on it. And there you were telling everyone that doesn't agree with SOAG was wrong.

This is a Discussion Thread. Strong discussion is welcome here or anywhere else on the forum. If posters cut out the swearing and the branding of others for disagreeing with them, it would be much better quality.

I'm aware that this thread is seen everywhere from America to Australia, so I don't swear at anyone, no matter what mud is thrown at me. How do I survive it? By realising that this is the only thread on the forum that I have a polar opposite opinion to the majority. Once I leave the debate and post elsewhere, I'm on message with everyone else.

no your not on message your a feckin idiot you need to get out more into the real world and find a friend and then they will be able to help you understand why your such a tw*t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #9191: May 20, 2016 04:23:02 pm

"on message" "cut out swearing" "it's a discussion thread" "How do I survive it" - yep you're a grade A softshite, egotistical, jobsworth F**k-nugget.

"Of course I take Dudek's word over Rafa's re: Gerrard's contract, as it's an independent voice over populist spin." And of course not an independent voice that would be used to sell books oh F***ing no!

Seriously what's the score with your hatred for Rafa. It's bordering on obsession like what a bitter or manc has for us? Can't be good for you in the long run.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9192: May 20, 2016 04:46:49 pm
      Basically, Rafa sold Robbie Keane which upset LFCATW as he is President of the Robbie Keane fanclub and wears underpants with Robbie Keane's face on them - hence he uses every opportunity to say Rafa is talentless even though he was until a few months ago the manager of the biggest football club in the world.

Meanwhile Robbie Keane is ripping it up in MLS which he has been dreaming of joining since boyhood.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #9193: May 25, 2016 11:51:25 am
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9194: May 25, 2016 11:59:11 am
      get back up soon

we'll meet again!

ynwa
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9195: May 25, 2016 12:07:06 pm
      Great news.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #9196: May 25, 2016 12:23:59 pm
      All the best Rafa....Geordies got a coup there...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9197: May 25, 2016 01:55:08 pm
      It is going to be interesting to see what happens now at Newcastle they have basically been a play thing for Ashley who got fed up with it but now needs it in the EPL if he ever wants to sell it. Hope it all goes well for him and the club we have had a few decent players from them apart from Andy Carroll
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #9198: May 25, 2016 04:28:33 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #9199: May 25, 2016 08:07:22 pm

Quick Reply