Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102185 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9522: Apr 25, 2017 06:02:22 pm
      (1) If Rafa is such a great manager then would you want to see him back in the Premier League...?

He'd fix our defense and probably buy a much needed goal scoring striker :D I would have him back If Klopp leaves within the next 2-3 seasons.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9523: Apr 25, 2017 06:03:34 pm
      Let me first point out that I am not a fan of Rafa Benitez... Now that's out of the way, Two Questions

(1) If Rafa is such a great manager then would you want to see him back in the Premier League...?

(2) If Newcastle under Rafa cost us the Premier League title (Yeah I Know Moot point as I can not see us win the title anytime soon) But "IF" Rafa cost us the title next season how will you feel about him then...?

Lost to them at St James Park and Drew with them at Home with Rafa in Charge... Had we won those games we finish 6th and would have had Europa League football to entice a player or two, what if a Rafa lead team stops us from qualifying for Europe again...?

Bro, you got waayyyy too much time.
      Only ones costing us the title would be us.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9524: Apr 25, 2017 06:27:27 pm
      What are you on about? Looks like a desperate attempt to have a pop at Rafa.

If we miss out on anything then it's because we were not good enough over the course of 38 games and so what we didn't win them games? They weren't the games that cost us, they were just part of many games that cost us. Simple and that's as much as I am going to entertain your post which to be quite honest, is pretty pointless.
      I am asking a valid question... As most here slag off a player who leaves the Club I can understand your Bromance with Rafa... As for "a desperate attempt to have a pop at Rafa." I don't need one over his tenure in charger at Liverpool he has provided enough ammo of his own... I was just asking the question
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9525: Apr 25, 2017 06:30:20 pm
      He'd fix our defense and probably buy a much needed goal scoring striker :D I would have him back If Klopp leaves within the next 2-3 seasons.
      Ok fine you like Rafa , but I was no asking "If" he came back to Liverpool, I was asking why people would want to see him back managing another team against Us?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9526: Apr 25, 2017 06:35:26 pm
      Bro, you got waayyyy too much time.
      Only ones costing us the title would be us.
      I agree with That, but other managers to a large extent but Manager play their part as well, and I just don't understand why you and others here would want to see someone you hold in such high regards when it comes to management skills mange a team in the same League as us... Why not instead hope he gets offered the Barca job instead?...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9527: Apr 25, 2017 06:59:09 pm
      Ok fine you like Rafa , but I was no asking "If" he came back to Liverpool, I was asking why people would want to see him back managing another team against Us?

Did Kenny managing Blackburn or Newcastle change your opinion of? If it did, that would say more about you mate...

As for wanting Rafa to manage abroad.. Why?.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #9528: Apr 25, 2017 06:59:56 pm
      Let me first point out that I am not a fan of Rafa Benitez... Now that's out of the way, Two Questions

(2) If Newcastle under Rafa cost us the Premier League title (Yeah I Know Moot point as I can not see us win the title anytime soon) But "IF" Rafa cost us the title next season how will you feel about him then...?

Lost to them at St James Park and Drew with them at Home with Rafa in Charge... Had we won those games we finish 6th and would have had Europa League football to entice a player or two, what if a Rafa lead team stops us from qualifying for Europe again...?

1) The fella won us the European Cup after 20 years without that trophy.

2) The fella won us the European Cup after 20 years without that trophy!!

If our team can't beat his then it would be our own F***ing fault we didn't get the job done.

I remember a time our support was called the most knowledgeable in football, now it's just like any other dickhead support.
      +10
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9529: Apr 25, 2017 07:16:40 pm

If our team can't beat his then it would be our own f**king fault we didn't get the job done.

I remember a time our support was called the most knowledgeable in football, now it's just like any other dickhead support.
      Do be so hard on yourself mate ...Your not a dickhead

Yes we won a European Cup, and yes if we were unable to beat his team it would be down to us, but I asked How would you feel about Rafa then... anyway forget i asked
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #9530: Apr 25, 2017 07:46:30 pm
      Do be so hard on yourself mate ...Your not a dickhead

Yes we won a European Cup, and yes if we were unable to beat his team it would be down to us, but I asked How would you feel about Rafa then... anyway forget i asked

Same as I feel now, same as I felt being a DICKHEAD in Istanbul!!

But you crack on being a soft c**t laaaa! It's you're ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9531: Apr 25, 2017 08:02:22 pm
      Same as I feel now, same as I felt being a DICKHEAD in Istanbul!!

But you crack on being a soft c**t laaaa! It's you're ;)

Lucky f**ker.
      I'd have given my right nut to be at that.

And you're right about Rafa.
      He's kwalitee, and his tactical nous is second to none.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9532: Apr 25, 2017 08:20:14 pm
      Congratulations and well done Rafa on getting Newcastle promoted at the first attempt.I always admired you when you were our boss for putting up with our owners at the time (TWIT and tw*t)Do me a favour though don't take it out on us when we play Newcastle next season.You will always be in our hearts RAFA and Y.N.W.A.

Maximum Respect Rafa for doing what you did for the last season.

Made sense with Montse and the girls in Liverpool  .... and to have that fanatical support behind you.

Keep to your guns and don't let Ashley F**k it up.

Well Done 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #9533: Apr 25, 2017 08:28:04 pm
      Congratulations Rafa, Hopefully see you back at Anfield, in charge of Newcastle, next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9534: Apr 25, 2017 09:40:40 pm
      I seen Rafa today in the services, junction 61 of A1m, started singing Rafa, Rafael, he gave me a thumbs up, then I thought sh*t, he'll think i'm a mag, so I started singing they don't care about Rafa, he laughed and winked at me.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9535: Apr 25, 2017 09:57:01 pm
      Well done Rafa, great to see a former manager have success at another club (unless it's Brendan 😂)
      Seriously though, people asked ask the question "yeah , could he do it with a smaller club?", Well Rafa just proved he can bring a reason to celebrate to a club that could've been in trouble without him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9536: Apr 26, 2017 08:56:16 am
      Congratulations and well done Rafa on getting Newcastle promoted at the first attempt.I always admired you when you were our boss for putting up with our owners at the time (TWIT and tw*t)Do me a favour though don't take it out on us when we play Newcastle next season.You will always be in our hearts RAFA and Y.N.W.A.

It should also be noted the magnificent donation/s RAFA gave to the Hillsborough campaign.That in itself shows the calibre of the man and how much he loved this club and the people of Liverpool.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9537: Apr 26, 2017 09:50:48 am

How do you feel about Gerrard  then?

Do you blame him for the slip and losing the title?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9538: Apr 26, 2017 10:20:54 am
      Well done Rafa.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9539: Apr 26, 2017 11:48:37 am

If our team can't beat his then it would be our own f**king fault we didn't get the job done.

The most shocking thing for me is that people read a post in full that had his name on top.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9540: Apr 26, 2017 12:02:01 pm
      How do you feel about Gerrard  then?

Do you blame him for the slip and losing the title?
      Thing's happen on the Football Field, a ball can hit you deflect and end up in the back of your net, or you can slip lose the ball and they score, that's football, but what I was asking was If a former managers team was to cost us the title would you then still hold that manager in such high regard...? It was a simple and innocent question... But some here view it as a personnel attack on their Idle... I would respect people more if they thought about it answered honestly,or even say i don't know than someone who fires off a string of insult and think that they are "true supporters" because of it...

BTW even when we were 3-0 at half time I repeated what I said before the quarter finals of the CL... And on the night when I was being laughed at by some of my friend and being told that Liverpool was done for my reply was "I don't know how we are got to do it but I truly believe that our name is on that Cup, we are destined to win it"... Can't explain it. It was not hope,It was just something I Knew....

That last bit was not directed at you my friend It was directed at the DICKHEAD... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #9541: Apr 26, 2017 02:23:56 pm
      Thing's happen on the Football Field, a ball can hit you deflect and end up in the back of your net, or you can slip lose the ball and they score, that's football, but what I was asking was If a former managers team was to cost us the title would you then still hold  a string of insult and think that they are "true supporters" because of it...

BTW even when we were 3-0 at half time I repeated what I said before the quarter finals of the CL... And on the night when I was being laughed at by some of my friend and being told that Liverpool was done for my reply was "I don't know how we are got to do it but I truly believe that our name is on that Cup, we are destined to win it"... Can't explain it. It was not hope,It was just something I Knew....

That last bit was not directed at you my friend It was directed at the DICKHEAD... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Idol, soft-lad!!

Hate to break it to you though, Rafa ain't my idol, that would be reserved for Rushie and Barnesy ;)

Rafa just gave me the best night of my life watching the redmen in Istanbul 8)

On another note, funny to hear the Geordies got raided by the HRMC, with managing director Lee Charnley arrested  :o

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/857149764906954753

:lmao:

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017 03:15:58 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9542: Apr 26, 2017 02:34:29 pm
      Thing's happen on the Football Field, a ball can hit you deflect and end up in the back of your net, or you can slip lose the ball and they score, that's football, but what I was asking was If a former managers team was to cost us the title would you then still hold that manager in such high regard...? It was a simple and innocent question... But some here view it as a personnel attack on their Idle... I would respect people more if they thought about it answered honestly,or even say i don't know than someone who fires off a string of insult and think that they are "true supporters" because of it...

How the F**k would dropping 6 points to a Rafa side cost us a title?! There's 36 other games..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9543: Apr 26, 2017 03:38:19 pm
      Quote from Billy1
      It should also be noted the magnificent donation/s RAFA gave to the Hillsborough campaign.That in itself shows the calibre of the man and how much he loved this club and the people of Liverpool.

It is noted. It's also a separate issue, completely detached from his ability to get football results. Many people contribute to the HJC, every time you visit the Memorial, there are poignant gestures and tributes from rival clubs and fans. Some clubs have reserved 96 vacant seats in their stands and others make presentations on the pitch. It doesn't mean we have to wish them well and follow their results week in week out. It's a gesture, not a deal.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017 04:09:27 pm by lfc across the water »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9544: Apr 26, 2017 04:08:20 pm
      Quote from David Wright
      Congratulations Rafa, Hopefully see you back at Anfield, in charge of Newcastle, next season.

At Anfield next year, he will just be another opponent trying to beat us, the same as everyone else on the away bench, and I will treat him as such.

All he done this year was the bare minimum expected, after blowing another title and losing 10 games in the process. Fail to win 17 games next season, and he won't be anywhere near the top 2.

Quick Reply