Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102365 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9568: May 07, 2017 03:25:23 pm
      Big congrats to Rafa and Newcastle. ;D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #9569: May 07, 2017 03:49:03 pm
      A trophy for Rafa is just great. Happy for the man.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9570: May 07, 2017 04:34:29 pm
      Well in Rafa!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #9571: May 07, 2017 04:41:02 pm
      Well done Rafa

Something to cheer about at least today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9572: May 07, 2017 04:44:12 pm

I backed Newcastle pre season so highly delighted  :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9573: May 07, 2017 04:46:46 pm
      Well done Rafa

Something to cheer about at least today.

Only slight cheer but well in Rafa. Did his job in getting them promoted to be honest, them and B&H absolutely head and shoulders above the rest by the looks of things.

Nice to win it on the final day though and another trophy to put in his CV. They'll be a challenge for anyone and imo will make the league a stronger proposition for anyone.

Would not be at all surprised to see him try and take Lucas.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9574: May 08, 2017 11:57:11 am
      Quote from ORCHARD RED
      He might manager Newcastle, but the man is all Liverpool. He loves the club and is now part of its glorious history, I'll never forget that he gave me my best memory as a Liverpool fan.

I can't imagine Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti etc taking on the job of a relegation threatened team and staying to bring them back up.

In his last season here i was calling for him to leave and allow someone with fresh ideas to come in.

And may I ask why did you do that?

Was it the 4 years of failure he left behind him? Or was it his failure to win any one of 23 of the 25 competitions we were in when he was in charge? Was it the bust ups with players and staff? Or collapsing from 2nd to 7th in the league, amid a first round cup exit after a replay at home and a shambolic European Cup campaign? Any one of them would be grounds for dismissal, or maybe you had another reason.

He had 6 years to win the league here, spent hundreds of millions in the process, and he failed. He had more than enough time to succeed, and far more than is usually afforded to coaches that fail.

We now have one of the most respected coaches in the world in charge. I don't want him replaced by someone with no major  league title in 13 years.

Quote from Shabs
      Granted Rafa has not won a league title but he certainly added domestic & European cups to his CV... Now I'm sure any LFC supporter would love to see more cups added to our trophy cabinet if we can't add a title or 2...

He added a handful of minor cups to his cv, and one UEFA Cup. Other coaches win the same amount in one season. If he couldn't win league titles at clubs with ready made teams and infinite resources, he wouldn't here with our current set up.

Since he got promoted, I believe he's been stirring the pot again, and is now set for more talks about his future with Ashley in the coming days.

Quote from Billy1
      Since when did you become an authority on matters that could be discussed by supporters  concerning RAFA. As regards his community work it is well documented and freely available in the public arena what he has done

I never said I was authority. I said it's a  discussion thread, it clearly states that when the thread is opened.

His community work is well documented.   I'm sure it's good work and the locals benefit from it. It is however nothing to do with his ability to win football trophies, positive or negative. That is the only issue I judge him on.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9575: May 08, 2017 12:45:09 pm
      Rafa Rafa Rafa....

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9576: May 09, 2017 04:20:37 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9577: May 09, 2017 04:21:36 pm
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #9578: May 10, 2017 10:14:31 pm
      Since he got promoted, I believe he's been stirring the pot again, and is now set for more talks about his future with Ashley in the coming days.

It was just that brewing technique that had Hicks and gillete on their toes.   And we had quality players.  The minute he went we instantly went from the Mascherano's of the world to F***ing Poulsen and Konchesky's of the world.   He knows how to play the transfer market and knows how to play owners.   He fights for the club.  Fortunately for Newcastle he will keep Ashley on his toes.  I will not be surprise one little bit if he is competing for European places next season. 

We were one of the highest ranked team in Europe since he has gone we have hardly played in the top European competition. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9579: May 12, 2017 08:49:38 pm
      The brewing technique has often ended up with him getting fired. He manages by conflict, it's cost him at least 4 big jobs, and like the others, Ashley will pull the plug when he's fed up of being undermined by him.

He lost 10 games this year in a league he was widely expected to walk. With that record against much superior opposition than Rotherham and Burton Albion, he won't be anywhere near European spots next year.

The meeting was held and he decided to continue to honour the contract he signed. The meeting itself was held far from Newcastle. Maybe he asked for a plane and they gave him a helicopter to get there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #9580: May 12, 2017 08:53:14 pm
      Rafa Rafael! Rafa Rafael! Rafa Rafael! Rafael Benitez!..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9581: May 13, 2017 12:04:20 am
      He lost 10 games this year in a league he was widely expected to walk. With that record against much superior opposition than Rotherham and Burton Albion, he won't be anywhere near European spots next year

Doesn't matter if you win the league by 1 point or 10+ points, at the end of the day it doesn't change who gets their hands on the trophy whether you like it or not. You tried to discredit him for not looking like winning it not long ago and then when he wins it you still try and discredit it. Boring as per.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #9582: May 13, 2017 12:23:41 am
      Pleased for the guy and happy that Newcastle will be playing PL football again. Would much rather see us play at St James' Park than against some of the shitters that have been in the league recently.

Will be very interesting to see what he can do with them next season and I wonder whether he'll try to lure one or two of our less favoured players; Lucas, as mentioned above, and who knows, maybe even audacious bids for Sakho or Sturridge.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9583: May 13, 2017 12:25:40 am
      Rafa the man!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9584: May 13, 2017 12:25:55 am
      Will be very interesting to see what he can do with them next season and I wonder whether he'll try to lure one or two of our less favoured players; Lucas, as mentioned above, and who knows, maybe even audacious bids for Sakho or Sturridge.

I don't think Lucas would go to another English team. If he leaves the I think it would be to go abroad.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #9585: May 13, 2017 12:41:42 am
      I don't think Lucas would go to another English team. If he leaves the I think it would be to go abroad.

I tend to agree but you know Rafa likes Lucas. More likely he'll end up in Italy where the pace will suit him. He seems to have been linked with Inter Milan for god knows how many years now so perhaps this time it'll actually happen.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #9586: May 14, 2017 11:21:02 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #9587: May 14, 2017 11:39:07 am
      The man is a class act.

Plain and simple.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9588: May 14, 2017 03:11:54 pm
      Absolute class.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #9589: May 14, 2017 08:55:49 pm

Which one of them getting the photo do we think was lfc across the water then :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9590: May 15, 2017 06:46:02 am
      Which one of them getting the photo do we think was lfc across the water then :D

He will be the one in the bushes with the sniper rifle.

Quick Reply