Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1100793 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9545: Apr 26, 2017 04:26:15 pm
      It is noted. It's also a separate issue, completely detached from his ability to get football results. Many people contribute to the HJC, every time you visit the Memorial, there are poignant gestures and tributes from rival clubs and fans. Some clubs have reserved 96 vacant seats in their stands and others make presentations on the pitch. It doesn't mean we have to wish them well and follow their results week in week out. It's a gesture, not a deal.

gobs***e.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #9546: Apr 26, 2017 04:47:24 pm
      At Anfield next year, he will just be another opponent trying to beat us, the same as everyone else on the away bench, and I will treat him as such.

All he done this year was the bare minimum expected, after blowing another title and losing 10 games in the process. Fail to win 17 games next season, and he won't be anywhere near the top 2.

Did Rafa sleep with your missus? 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9547: Apr 26, 2017 05:10:24 pm
      It is noted. It's also a separate issue, completely detached from his ability to get football results. Many people contribute to the HJC, every time you visit the Memorial, there are poignant gestures and tributes from rival clubs and fans. Some clubs have reserved 96 vacant seats in their stands and others make presentations on the pitch. It doesn't mean we have to wish them well and follow their results week in week out. It's a gesture, not a deal.

You'll go to any depths to slag off Rafa won't you? Do you have any shame?

You're a f**king disgrace.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9548: Apr 26, 2017 05:14:09 pm
      At Anfield next year, he will just be another opponent trying to beat us, the same as everyone else on the away bench, and I will treat him as such.

All he done this year was the bare minimum expected, after blowing another title and losing 10 games in the process. Fail to win 17 games next season, and he won't be anywhere near the top 2.

How many trophies has Rafa won since LFC sacked him & weigh them up against how many we have won since his sacking...

I'm under no illusion had Rafa not been sacked we could have added the league title,domestic cups & European cups over the past 7 years...

We have been sh*te since with the exception of one season under Rodgers & Klopp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9549: Apr 26, 2017 05:49:36 pm
      How many trophies has Rafa won since LFC sacked him & weigh them up against how many we have won since his sacking...

I'm under no illusion had Rafa not been sacked we could have added the league title,domestic cups & European cups over the past 7 years...

We have been sh*te since with the exception of one season under Rodgers & Klopp.

Head, brick wall. Await the broken record response from him...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #9550: Apr 26, 2017 06:09:12 pm
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9551: Apr 26, 2017 10:39:27 pm

As this is a RAFA discussion thread I am able to mention anything regarding RAFA. Wherever RAFA goes in the football world no one will able to detract from his status  as a manager who was appreciated by the majority of L.F.C.supporters.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9552: Apr 26, 2017 11:04:13 pm
      Idol, soft-lad!!

Hate to break it to you though, Rafa ain't my idol, that would be reserved for Rushie and Barnesy ;)

Rafa just gave me the best night of my life watching the redmen in Istanbul 8)

On another note, funny to hear the Geordies got raided by the HRMC, with managing director Lee Charnley arrested  :o

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/857149764906954753

:lmao:

Look I must admit you really got under my skin with the Insults/calling people names thing, don't like doing it  myself so I'm truly sorry I should not have done it to you...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9553: Apr 27, 2017 12:26:47 am
      Had we won those games we finish 6th and would have had Europa League football to entice a player or two

Gonna stop you there.
      Nobody is coming to the club to play in the Europa League.
      Clutching at straws in that post, lad.
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #9554: Apr 27, 2017 06:23:19 am
      One of the most stupid questions I've ever seen, would I feel different about him if he got a result against us?

As if anyone would expect the guy to roll over and say to his team 'sorry lads we've got to throw this one or their fans won't be happy'.

Head. Wobble it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9555: Apr 27, 2017 11:26:59 am
      Gonna stop you there.
      Nobody is coming to the club to play in the Europa League.
      Clutching at straws in that post, lad.
      Look every player wants CL football, but If you have a choice of Europa League football or just Premier League football It will entice a player to sign more than just the Premier football... Any European football is better than none
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9556: Apr 27, 2017 11:41:49 am
      One of the most stupid questions I've ever seen, would I feel different about him if he got a result against us?

As if anyone would expect the guy to roll over and say to his team 'sorry lads we've got to throw this one or their fans won't be happy'.

Head. Wobble it.
      Stupid Question?... Look at the way most of you reacted after Benteke score his first and Sakho was celebrating it... As attractive a argument as it was that He should not be celebrating because he is still a Liverpool player to me it is B.S....The manager made it clear he does not want him and Palace would like him so he is showing the Palace fans and manager that he is totally 100% committed to the palace cause...Turned on him in a instant... And I did not imply that a manager  would throw a game for his old club... Was just wondering if a Newcastle lead Rafa team beat and cost us the title would you turn on him as quick as some of you did Sakho 
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #9557: Apr 27, 2017 11:48:36 am
      How can you not get the fact that if he beats us it's not costing us the title? It's our own doing over the 38 games that costs us the title.

I'll turn on him if he does something like that stupid F***ing handshake sh*te with Mike Ashley, though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #9558: Apr 27, 2017 02:42:10 pm
      Look I must admit you really got under my skin with the Insults/calling people names thing, don't like doing it  myself so I'm truly sorry I should not have done it to you...

Hahahaha chill out it's called taking the piss of each other - finally starting to get it!!

Don't worry it's not the first time I've been called a dickhead, point I was trying to make is I'm just greatful for what we had with Rafa. We play Newcastle next season I want us to thrash them, simple as ;)

Stupid Question?... Look at the way most of you reacted after Benteke score his first and Sakho was celebrating it... As attractive a argument as it was that He should not be celebrating because he is still a Liverpool player to me it is B.S....The manager made it clear he does not want him and Palace would like him so he is showing the Palace fans and manager that he is totally 100% committed to the palace cause...Turned on him in a instant... And I did not imply that a manager  would throw a game for his old club... Was just wondering if a Newcastle lead Rafa team beat and cost us the title would you turn on him as quick as some of you did Sakho 

Hence why I couldn't be arsed getting involved in the Sakho calling and preferred to look at our own defending deficiencies.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2017 02:46:33 pm by HUYTON RED »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9559: Apr 27, 2017 04:35:24 pm
      Nobody is stopping you saying what you want about him in his thread.

The thread is to discuss him, not idolise him. He left here 7 years ago and is now just another coach at another rival club, like all the rest of them. I don't look forward to him coming here next year looking to take points off us, potentially destroying a title bid, or a European spot, with his shower of promoted upstarts. That's the only reason he will be here. But this time hopefully he'll leave with what he arrived with. Nothing, like the rest of them.

My bridges with him were bulldozed 8 years ago after his behaviour that January to this team and club, culminating from years of alienating players and staff, and failing to do what he was put in charge for, win the league.

He had 6 years to win the league title here, 238 games. Didn't happen.

He left here with us on a 4 year wait for trophies, that eventually stopped at 6. He himself has won no league titles of any kind since he left, nor won the European Cup, despite coaching clubs with proven winners and vast resources available. He is now at a club that haven't won anything of note for 50 years, and their ambitions match. He wins nothing and they win nothing.

As for us, we have our own issues to deal with. Another story for another time.

I don't slag him off, I hold his football record to account, here and elsewhere. I see his community work as a private, non football matter between him and the parties concerned.

Granted Rafa has not won a league title but he certainly added domestic & European cups to his CV... Now I'm sure any LFC supporter would love to see more cups added to our trophy cabinet if we can't add a title or 2...

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9560: Apr 27, 2017 04:36:08 pm
      Quote from Billy1
      As this is a RAFA discussion thread I am able to mention anything regarding RAFA. Wherever RAFA goes in the football world no one will able to detract from his status  as a manager who was appreciated by the majority of L.F.C.supporters.

The thread is to discuss him, not idolise him. He left here 7 years ago and is now just another coach at another rival club, like all the rest of them. I don't look forward to him coming here next year looking to take points off us, potentially destroying a title bid, or a European spot, with his shower of promoted upstarts. That's the only reason he will be here. But this time hopefully he'll leave with what he arrived with. Nothing, like the rest of them.

My bridges with him were bulldozed 8 years ago after his behaviour that January to this team and club, culminating from years of alienating players and staff, and failing to do what he was put in charge for, win the league.

Quote from Shabs

He left here with us on a 4 year wait for trophies, that eventually stopped at 6. He himself has won no league titles of any kind since he left, nor won the European Cup, despite coaching clubs with proven winners and vast resources available. He is now at a club that haven't won anything of note for 50 years, and their ambitions match. He wins nothing and they win nothing.

I don't slag him off, I hold his football record to account, here and elsewhere. I see his community work as a private  matter between him and the parties concerned.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9561: Apr 27, 2017 10:31:47 pm

I don't slag him off, I hold his football record to account, here and elsewhere. I see his community work as a private  matter between him and the parties concerned.

Since when did you become an authority on matters that could be discussed by supporters  concerning RAFA. As regards his community work it is well documented and freely available in the public arena what he has done.If you want to look for managers who have been failures I suggest you look no further than Woy Hodgson and Don Welsh and yes I was going to Anfield when they were our managers so I know a little about the comparison between them and RAFA.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9562: Apr 28, 2017 06:27:56 am
      He might manager Newcastle, but the man is all Liverpool. He loves the club and is now part of its glorious history, I'll never forget that he gave me my best memory as a Liverpool fan.

I can't imagine Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti etc taking on the job of a relegation threatened team and staying to bring them back up.

In his last season here i was calling for him to leave and allow someone with fresh ideas to come in, I've raised since that I was premature and that he should been given more time until the cowboys were kicked into touch. He could've been brought back instead of hiring Brendan, but maybe the fact he wouldn't put up with FSG's bullshit went against him.

I wouldn't say no to his return when Jürgen finally leaves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #9563: Apr 28, 2017 08:40:04 am
      He might manager Newcastle, but the man is all Liverpool. He loves the club and is now part of its glorious history, I'll never forget that he gave me my best memory as a Liverpool fan.

I can't imagine Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti etc taking on the job of a relegation threatened team and staying to bring them back up.

In his last season here i was calling for him to leave and allow someone with fresh ideas to come in, I've raised since that I was premature and that he should been given more time until the cowboys were kicked into touch. He could've been brought back instead of hiring Brendan, but maybe the fact he wouldn't put up with FSG's bullshit went against him.

I wouldn't say no to his return when Jürgen finally leaves.

Totally agree with your views mate.

With regard to your closing sentence, if and when Jürgen leaves it will be:

a/ because he has achieved total success under the auspices of JWH&Co and can do no more after bringing back the glory days to Anfield.
      or
       b/ Jürgen has seen the light, is disillusioned with JWH&Co and wants to manage a club with owners who put their own integrity and reputation alongside a promise to succeed.

Which of those seems more likely?

Would Rafa want to come back to a scenario that mirrors his the dark H&G days if the more realistic end game materialised??

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9564: Apr 28, 2017 09:54:18 am
      Totally agree with your views mate.

With regard to your closing sentence, if and when Jürgen leaves it will be:

a/ because he has achieved total success under the auspices of JWH&Co and can do no more after bringing back the glory days to Anfield.
      or
       b/ Jürgen has seen the light, is disillusioned with JWH&Co and wants to manage a club with owners who put their own integrity and reputation alongside a promise to succeed.

Which of those seems more likely?

Would Rafa want to come back to a scenario that mirrors his the dark H&G days if the more realistic end game materialised??

Fair point, I'm sure Rafa would love to return some day, but not with his hands tied.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9565: May 07, 2017 02:01:18 pm
      Just won the championship with Newcastle..

Well in Rafa... Fully deserved..
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9566: May 07, 2017 02:02:17 pm

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004:

Congratulation Boss, Bravo!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9567: May 07, 2017 02:17:53 pm

But according to some he made a meal of the season and almost missed out on automatic promotion to Huddersfield.

Wonder if LFC across the water will be in here for a while...

Quick Reply