Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096150 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9775: May 20, 2018 05:11:04 pm
      Mate... At least Walton acknowledges that not everyone sees things in the same light that he does and Rafa had flaws, and everyone is entitled to a view. You on the other hand gives the impression that your views, and the way you see things carries more weight than anyone else  :roll:
      Kopite78
      Reply #9776: May 20, 2018 06:23:52 pm
      Mate... At least Walton acknowledges that not everyone sees things in the same light that he does and Rafa had flaws, and everyone is entitled to a view. You on the other hand gives the impression that your views, and the way you see things carries more weight than anyone else  :roll:

Nope. You're just illinformed and frankly and embarrassment 👍
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9777: May 20, 2018 07:41:10 pm
      Nope. You're just illinformed and frankly and embarrassment 👍
      So if I am ill-informed please tell me what is incorrect that I said about Rafa where it  is untrue...
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2018 07:45:45 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Kopite78
      Reply #9778: May 20, 2018 07:44:24 pm
      So if I am ill-informed please tell me what I said about Rafa which is untrue...

Literally can't be arsed with you

You don't get it..  that's clear

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9779: May 20, 2018 07:46:25 pm

sorry edited it to make it more clear
      Kopite78
      Reply #9780: May 20, 2018 07:47:28 pm

Don't need to edit mine

It stands
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9781: May 20, 2018 07:51:20 pm

Can't be arsed or can't disproved what i stated...?

What I liked about Walt's post was he was saying that he like Rafa  for what he achieved at the club, regardless of the mistakes he made and the things he done wrong...

You come across like Rafa did no wrong...

Reply if it suits you me, I'm done
      Kopite78
      Reply #9782: May 20, 2018 07:54:28 pm
      Can't be arsed or can't disproved what i stated...?

What I liked about Walt's post was he was saying that he like Rafa  for what he achieved at the club, regardless of the mistakes he made and the things he done wrong...

You come across like Rafa did no wrong...

Reply if it suits you me, I'm done

You don't get the club

Can't be arsed with people who don't

👍
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9783: May 21, 2018 03:03:29 pm

The man was put in charge here to win the EPL. He didn't do it. He hasn't done it since. He falls out with chairmen, directors, coaching staff, players, the lot, not just here, but practically every club he's ended up at.

Don't forget to add he sold Robbie Keane after six months to the charge sheet too.

When you talk about Rafa, you sound like an Evertonian talking about Liverpool FC!!

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #9784: May 21, 2018 03:16:58 pm
      Don't forget to add he sold Robbie Keane after six months to the charge sheet too.

Ah is that the root of all this? Incredibly similar then to the zoomer that thinks Studge has been betrayed by the club....

When you talk about Rafa, you sound like an Evertonian talking about Liverpool FC!!

Morer bitterer HR 🙄
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9785: May 21, 2018 09:30:54 pm

I find his posts feel a bit surreal kind of a parallel universe where winning the CL doesn't count because you failed to win the EPL
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #9786: May 21, 2018 09:34:16 pm
      I find his posts feel a bit surreal kind of a parallel universe where winning the CL doesn't count because you failed to win the EPL

That ain’t the reason. If that was the case he would bang on the same way about every manager since the PL began.

Nope - his issue is some weird, meaningless childless thing, like Rafa turning down a selfie or some other sh*t.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #9787: Jun 23, 2018 12:32:21 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      You don't get the club

You're just illinformed and frankly and embarrassment

The only part he doesn't get, is saying that Keegan got Newcastle into the European Cup, when the UEFA Cup was as far as he got. The rest of his post hits the bullseye.

Quote from Roddenberry
      No, it's just a tiny morsel of truth to cover up their big, damn lie. Be honest about why you have a vendetta against the man, tell us he shat in your coco pops, bent your favourite wookie or whatever, but stop trying to perpetuate the story only you believe.

I don't try, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to his record at this club. I put up with it for long enough. I can write out a long long list of results that pised me off down the years. Most of it goes unchallenged by yourself and others on the other side of the discussion, as they know it's the truth. I can write out another list of results at his other clubs if necessary, that show what kind of coach he is, but I hope it isn't needed.

Quote from RedWilly
      He has talked non stop about it for nearly 10 years. I would wager the majority of his posts are in this very thread.

Compared to his last year in charge, when I really did berate him elsewhere on a daily basis, rest assured this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm just his most vocal critic in this thread, so the myth is I post here non stop, but the facts state that most of my posts on this forum are on other topics, on everything from Donald Trump to Jürgen Klopp.

Quote from Scotia
      Istanbul 2005

Cardiff 2006

Old Tafford 2009

Earnest, gifted and more than anybody could reasonably expect  from what he had at LFC.

He was here for 300 games. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than 3 memories from the lot of them.

I've never met him, so I have never commented on what kind of human being he is, his family, or what he does for the local community. I leave that business to him.

Quote from waltonl4
      I defend any Liverpool manager that has brought success to this club.

I would struggle to defend Houllier and Souness, despite what they brought us.

Benitez was handed a top 4 side and the platform to go and win the EPL, and he failed. Klopp is here to qualify us for the top 4, which he has succeeded at, and anything more is seen by the owners anyway, as a bonus. And the quest to make it three in a row starts again soon.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9788: Jun 23, 2018 12:36:45 pm
      ;D....

Who let the pantomime villain out...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9789: Jun 23, 2018 12:40:48 pm
      The only part he doesn't get, is saying that Keegan got Newcastle into the European Cup, when the UEFA Cup was as far as he got. The rest of his post hits the bullseye.

I don't try, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to his record at this club. I put up with it for long enough. I can write out a long long list of results that pised me off down the years. Most of it goes unchallenged by yourself and others on the other side of the discussion, as they know it's the truth. I can write out another list of results at his other clubs if necessary, that show what kind of coach he is, but I hope it isn't needed.

Compared to his last year in charge, when I really did berate him elsewhere on a daily basis, rest assured this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm just his most vocal critic in this thread, so the myth is I post here non stop, but the facts state that most of my posts on this forum are on other topics, on everything from Donald Trump to Jürgen Klopp.

He was here for 300 games. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than 3 memories from the lot of them.

I've never met him, so I have never commented on what kind of human being he is, his family, or what he does for the local community. I leave that business to him.

Benitez was handed a top 4 side and the platform to go and win the EPL, and he failed. Klopp is here to qualify us for the top 4, which he has succeeded at, and anything more is seen by the owners anyway, as a bonus. And the quest to make it three in a row starts again soon.

Typical obsessed rubbish!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9790: Jun 23, 2018 02:41:02 pm

Wow, quoting those posts over a month after they were done. Obsession at its finest there and embarrassing yourself once again. You must be having a bad day.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9791: Jun 27, 2018 10:57:04 pm
      jeez why the F**k is he still banging on about Rafa imagine what he would have been like between 1966/67 and 1972/73 when Shankly won nothing at all yet we know he was laying the foundation for the greatest period in the clubs history. 2006 Rafa won the Fa Cup only Kenny with the league Cup has come close in 2012 so what about all those years with no silverware do we just right them off as failures.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #9792: Jun 28, 2018 05:04:46 pm
      It's not really comparing like with like tbh. Shanks can be grateful there was no internet back in those days, no social networks, and no 24/7 news coverage peppered with stats and comparisons. Kenny can also be grateful it wasn't around when he took the job in 85, as his first 6 months were mediocre, and he would have been written off in the press and phone ins. The run in led to the double, and that's what his first season in charge is remembered for. People remember him scoring the winner at Chelsea, less so the late equaliser and the resulting two points dropped at home  in the reverse fixture in November. It was 4 days after Molby running the length of the field to score against the mancs.

Nowadays, a run of 2 games without a win here is a crisis, so waiting 7 years for someone to deliver silverware just isn't allowed to happen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9793: Aug 02, 2018 12:36:38 am
      Poor bugger certainly picks the clubs with F***ing terrible owners doesn't he.

Newcastle United: Rafa Benitez says pre-season defeat to Braga a 'wake up call'
      Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez says the club's fans "need to be concerned" after a 4-0 hammering at Braga.

Goals from Ricadro Horta, Joao Novais, Fransergio and Dyego Sousa condemned the Magpies to a "worrying" defeat.

"Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch," admitted Benitez.

Following the match in Portugal, Benitez said he had "no idea" about any potential new signings at the club ahead of the Premier League season.

The former Liverpool manager said that he wants another three or four players in before the transfer deadline on 9 August.

"We were poor and we made too many mistakes. We have to wake up - that's it," added the 58-year-old.

"You see the teams that have been promoted, the money they are spending. Put it all together and you understand why the fans need to be concerned.

"We are concerned.

"Everyone in the dressing room was really upset with our performance and with how things are going, but we will try to change things in the next 10 days."

The Magpies return to St James' Park on 4 August for their final pre-season game with Augsburg before opening their league campaign against Tottenham the following Saturday at home.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #9794: Aug 02, 2018 11:57:18 am
      Newcastle wrote LETTER to Spain offering them Rafael Benitez to manage at the World Cup

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/996801/Newcastle-letter-Rafael-Benitez-Spain-World-Cup

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9795: Aug 02, 2018 12:30:58 pm

I don't see the funny side of a Spanish coach who's club would allow their manager to manage his national team if they were short of options ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #9796: Aug 02, 2018 12:41:42 pm
      I don't see the funny side of a Spanish coach who's club would allow their manager to manage his national team if they were short of options ...

I didn't get the 'joke' either.

Rafa is going to be up against it again this season with that squad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9797: Aug 02, 2018 01:03:48 pm
      I didn't get the 'joke' either.

Rafa is going to be up against it again this season with that squad.

Personally think Rafa will be gone by Xmas if not before.. Time he walked away from the Toon project..

Quick Reply