Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096032 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10005: Oct 23, 2018 10:58:02 pm
      My point is in reply to this.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Calm down. Around game 9 is when you’d expect them to start picking up some wins.

Well they haven't.

I post here far less often than I used to, and I would prefer if nothing was said about them at all. I don't come here looking for responses or pluses. I'm not here for a confrontation, I'm here to tell the truth about why he has failed and continues to fail. You get excited when they are fourth and finish nowhere in mid table, and when he's struggling in the league as usual, that imo justifies what I say about him.

I don't talk about him now on a day we're playing. And earlier in the year, I said nothing about him for a number of weeks because I didn't want to be banging on about him while we were concentrating on the European Cup Final. Then when the dust had settled on it, this discussion resumed where it left off, as most discussions generally do, and for some reason you took exception to that.

My issue isn't with you, nor is it with other posters, my issue is with him and his crap football record. My views about him are entrenched since February 2009 when he sabotaged our title challenge at the time with crap on and off the pitch. After 4 years of failing to win us the league, (set to be 5 and later 6) it was the tipping point for me. He hasn't won it since either.

There are plenty of coaches in the league that have to deal with tough schedules, crap owners, poor players, small budgets, and find a way to get by. So if they can, he can. 

Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      McMahon doesn’t know how to win leagues and cups as a manager though

If he was put in charge of Inter Milan as Italian and European Champions, or Real Madrid with a bottomless pit, or Chelsea with an oligarch, or us with Carra Gerrard Xabi Masch and Torres available every single week year in year out he would, like anyone else, be expected to collect silverware on an annual basis, not once every three or four seasons, whilst wasting the massive resources he has and antagonising everyone he's supposed to work with in the meantime.

When Macca had great players and wonderful resources here alongside him to work with, he helped himself to 5 major trophies for us. So when he has something to say, he knows what he's talking about, and our fans should listen to him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #10006: Oct 23, 2018 11:37:34 pm
      If restraining orders were available for posters and threads........

Some of this is seriously obsessive.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #10007: Oct 24, 2018 01:43:11 am
      Newcastle are so lucky to have him!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10008: Oct 24, 2018 02:22:44 am
      I post here far less often than I used to, and I would prefer if nothing was said about them at all.

You know what to do then don’t you.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10009: Oct 24, 2018 09:35:19 am

Well they haven't.

I post here far less often than I used to, and I would prefer if nothing was said about them at all. I don't come here looking for responses or pluses. I'm not here for a confrontation, I'm here to tell the truth about why he has failed and continues to fail. You get excited when they are fourth and finish nowhere in mid table, and when he's struggling in the league as usual, that imo justifies what I say about him.

I don't talk about him now on a day we're playing. And earlier in the year, I said nothing about him for a number of weeks because I didn't want to be banging on about him while we were concentrating on the European Cup Final. Then when the dust had settled on it, this discussion resumed where it left off, as most discussions generally do, and for some reason you took exception to that.

My issue isn't with you, nor is it with other posters, my issue is with him and his crap football record. My views about him are entrenched since February 2009 when he sabotaged our title challenge at the time with crap on and off the pitch. After 4 years of failing to win us the league, (set to be 5 and later 6) it was the tipping point for me. He hasn't won it since either.

There are plenty of coaches in the league that have to deal with tough schedules, crap owners, poor players, small budgets, and find a way to get by. So if they can, he can. 

If he was put in charge of Inter Milan as Italian and European Champions, or Real Madrid with a bottomless pit, or Chelsea with an oligarch, or us with Carra Gerrard Xabi Masch and Torres available every single week year in year out he would, like anyone else, be expected to collect silverware on an annual basis, not once every three or four seasons, whilst wasting the massive resources he has and antagonising everyone he's supposed to work with in the meantime.

When Macca had great players and wonderful resources here alongside him to work with, he helped himself to 5 major trophies for us. So when he has something to say, he knows what he's talking about, and our fans should listen to him.

McMahon has won sweet FA as a manager - Rafas CV is there for all to see

Your obsession with attempting to ruin a mangers legacy at my club is disrespectful as well as a complete joke

You can drivel on all day about whats happening at Newcastle but don’t try and dishonour his achievements with my club - get your Man Utd shirt back out the locker

I hope Rafa hasn’t got any bunnies because they are in danger from you
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10010: Oct 24, 2018 01:24:17 pm

Well they haven't.

Seriously, every single point you make, valid or not, has been countered so many times, and yet you still keep making the same points.

No offense fella, but your opinion is just that, your opinion.
      Others have the right to differ, so please stop trying to make out that you're some kind of prophet trying to guide us to the Rafa hating promised land, if only we'd see the light.
      It ain't gonna happen.

You need to get some new material as well.
      The same tired old arguments, refuted again and again, don't do you any favours.

You've got your opinion, fine.
      Why beat it to death?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10011: Oct 24, 2018 01:44:49 pm
      I really don't care too much how successful Rafa is at Newcastle I will be made up for him if he eventually does do well there.
      However if you cannot look back to 2005 as one of the greatest nights ever in this club's history and thank the man for giving us that memory that will last us all a lifetime then you really cant call yourself a supporter.
      If Rafa takes Newcastle down to league two it does nothing to diminish his achievement in winning the CL with the likes of Pongolle, Mellor,Jimmy T, Kewel and Dudek in your side not to mention Igor.
      So let the idiot have his weird Rafa fetish it cant take away from what was and will always be a night to remember and one to take to the grave .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #10012: Oct 24, 2018 06:30:17 pm
      Newcastle are so lucky to have him!

Deserves praise for staying at a club, who's owner is offering him little financial support. Surely Rafa can find a better management post than this!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10013: Oct 26, 2018 01:53:48 pm

Or not, especially those of us who know how much of a shitbag he could be to. Seeing his arse before the 88 Cup Final after a confrontation with Vinnie Jones being a prime example.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10014: Oct 26, 2018 03:00:45 pm
      I think it is very obvious that the Toon fans adore him and are intelligent enough to realise that he is a top manager and they are very lucky to have him.

Should the results be better? Absolutely. Is it that Newcastle are so bad that they should have zero league wins after nine? I'm not so sure.

It can't be 100% all Mike Ashley's fault. That squad came mid table last season so they are under performing and possibly so is Rafa currently.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #10015: Oct 26, 2018 04:31:24 pm
      Deserves praise for staying at a club, who's owner is offering him little financial support. Surely Rafa can find a better management post than this!
      Was going to give it a rest posting on this tread, but when I read this I just had to say, With no offences to you mate, but that's total bollocks imo...
      The reason he is still there is because it is the best  job offer he has had, perhaps the only job offer he has had...

After Mike Ashley reportedly took £10mil out of the club and only gave Rafa 100k to spend he should have walked away and took another job. The fact he did not tells me there were no offers out there for him... PSG are looking for a new manager with Arsene Wenger being linked with the job, If Rafa was so good why his he not being linked with the job...??
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10016: Oct 26, 2018 04:42:06 pm
      Was going to give it a rest posting on this tread, but when I read this I just had to say, With no offences to you mate, but that's total bollocks imo...
      The reason he is still there is because it is the best  job offer he has had, perhaps the only job offer he has had...

After Mike Ashley reportedly took £10mil out of the club and only gave Rafa 100k to spend he should have walked away and took another job. The fact he did not tells me there were no offers out there for him... PSG are looking for a new manager with Arsene Wenger being linked with the job, If Rafa was so good why his he not being linked with the job...??

You got 100% evidence Rafa has not had any job offers? & have you considered Rafa could be privy to info regarding a takeover & biding his time?.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10017: Oct 26, 2018 05:12:39 pm
      Rafa has his flaws, I don't think anyone disputes that, but what he did, whilst here, is worthy of the legendary status he now has, amongst most fans.

To deny that, well, maybe you need to look at your own flaws.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #10018: Oct 26, 2018 05:50:07 pm
      You got 100% evidence Rafa has not had any job offers?

If you were a manager and being treated like the way Mike Ashley has treated Rafa and there were other offers out there would you stay...? Remember this is a man that feel that he was unjustly treated at  Valencia and left them for Liverpool, so IMO "If" there was another reasonable offer out the he would have taken it.

have you considered Rafa could be privy to info regarding a takeover & biding his time?.
      For all of ten second... Any thing is possible, but it is highly unlikely as Ashley is keeping those cards closely to his chest
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #10019: Oct 26, 2018 10:58:17 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      McMahon has won sweet FA as a manager - Rafas CV is there for all to see

Your obsession with attempting to ruin a mangers legacy at my club is disrespectful as well as a complete joke

Don’t try and dishonour his achievements with my club.

So you dishonour McMahon's achievements, just because it wasn't Istanbul.

I'm not dishonouring, discrediting or insulting anyone's achievements, but this is a Rafa Discussion Thread, and he gives me plenty of material to work with than just Istanbul.

Macca on the other hand has 3 league titles on his CV with this club. His legacy is 5 winners medals. Through no fault of his own, he didn't have the chance to win a European trophy for us, let alone win 7 of them, as Rafa had. Holding him responsible for his results doesn't mean he's a manc. Nor me either. He's just told the truth, as I do.

He took all the credit for Istanbul, so he can also bear the responsibility for why his current club got relegated and where they are now. It works both ways.

Quote from Swab
      Others have the right to differ, so please stop trying to make out that you're some kind of prophet trying to guide us to the Rafa hating promised land, if only we'd see the light.
      It ain't gonna happen.

You need to get some new material as well.
      The same tired old arguments, refuted again and again, don't do you any favours.

Not looking for favours, and not looking to guide anyone to any land either. All I do is hold him accountable for his results on the field, like most football coaches are.

You can make of it what you will and others have the right to differ but at every club, the coach is held responsible for his team's results. He should be no different.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10020: Oct 27, 2018 12:33:04 am

I'm not dishonouring, discrediting or insulting anyone's achievements, but this is a Rafa Discussion Thread, and he gives me plenty of material to work with than just Istanbul.

Macca on the other hand has 3 league titles on his CV with this club. His legacy is 5 winners medals. Through no fault of his own, he didn't have the chance to win a European trophy for us, let alone win 7 of them, as Rafa had. Holding him responsible for his results doesn't mean he's a manc. Nor me either. He's just told the truth, as I do.

He took all the credit for Istanbul, so he can also bear the responsibility for why his current club got relegated and where they are now. It works both ways.

Not looking for favours, and not looking to guide anyone to any land either. All I do is hold him accountable for his results on the field, like most football coaches are.

You can make of it what you will and others have the right to differ but at every club, the coach is held responsible for his team's results. He should be no different.

McMahon won sweet FA as a manager of Liverpool you plum

You can’t compare player records to managerial records - that’s as ridiculous as it gets ,

Are you that desperate to discredit Rafa

The day McMahon manages the club and trumps Rafa’s Record then he can point fingers and you can use it to attempt to back up your ludicrous nonsense

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10021: Oct 27, 2018 05:08:18 pm
      Regardless of what Rafa did here, he's embarrassing himself at Newcastle.  They didn't even register a shot on target today I read. That team on paper should be around 10th-12th... 19th right now. Newcastle fans asking for him to be sacked, can't say I blame them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10022: Oct 27, 2018 05:23:51 pm
      good point away today at Southampton .
      January will be decision time for him and as much as we all loathed the very air twit and tw*t breathed imagine having that fat c**t Ashley as you owner whilst he rapes the club of funds so he can but HOF.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10023: Oct 27, 2018 05:30:49 pm
      good point away today at Southampton .
      January will be decision time for him and as much as we all loathed the very air twit and tw*t breathed imagine having that fat c**t Ashley as you owner whilst he rapes the club of funds so he can but HOF.

Agreed, good point for Newcastle..I can’t see Rafa extending his stay up north..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #10024: Oct 27, 2018 09:27:24 pm
      Rafa being Rafa.

Getting the best out of his playing squad.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #10025: Oct 28, 2018 01:40:34 am
      INRWT
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10026: Oct 30, 2018 04:43:08 pm

Macca was a player though not a manager so comparing his honours to Rafa is frankly F***ing stupid.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10027: Oct 30, 2018 04:44:50 pm
      Regardless of what Rafa did here, he's embarrassing himself at Newcastle.  They didn't even register a shot on target today I read. That team on paper should be around 10th-12th... 19th right now. Newcastle fans asking for him to be sacked, can't say I blame them.

Seen loads though not asking for him not to be sacked and ramping up their campaign against Ashley. He's the biggest c**t there!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018 08:25:10 pm by HUYTON RED »

Quick Reply