Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096316 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10258: Jun 30, 2021 04:39:04 pm
      Wow!! Now that's it official it's going to make your derbies even better to watch. This spices the rivalry between the two  clubs even more with mixed views from both sets of fans.  ;D

As an outsider I still find it hard to believe but boy I'm looking forward to watching how it all unfolds. This is serious head lines news for me. Better check my Derby dates  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10259: Jun 30, 2021 05:34:26 pm
      Now Rafa my man get those Bitters relegated and your legacy here will be complete.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10260: Jun 30, 2021 05:37:00 pm
      Benitez did you lose your mind? :D

Good luck Rafa, you deserve it but not them.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #10261: Jun 30, 2021 06:01:48 pm
      What does Rafa deserve? A job? All this carry on... he's gone to a bitter rival.

When a player does that you are fuming. If he was loyal to Liverpool he wouldn't accept the job simple.

What next, Steven Gerrard to go to Everton after Rafa and you'll all be delighted at that news too?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #10262: Jun 30, 2021 06:16:46 pm
      What does Rafa deserve? A job? All this carry on... he's gone to a bitter rival.

When a player does that you are fuming. If he was loyal to Liverpool he wouldn't accept the job simple.

What next, Steven Gerrard to go to Everton after Rafa and you'll all be delighted at that news too?

Normally I’d agree and wouldn’t want an ex red to manage them or another rival, but the circumstances here are different.

Rafa will always be considered a legend because of Istanbul and his charity work, in particular Hillsborough. He will always be welcome here unless one day he manages Manchester United, that would be the only step too far.

Managing everton isn’t anywhere near as bad. If all of a sudden they started to become competitive and challenged for major honours then opinions would change. But for now, taking on a small club in a city where he resides doesn’t really affect us, even if they are our noisy neighbours.

The job makes sense for Rafa and his family and I think the vast majority of us wish him well, just as long as they don’t do THAT well.

Unfortunately the majority of their fan base don’t seem too keen on the appointment and the second they hit a poor run of form they’ll be all over him and it’ll get very toxic, which won’t be nice to see. I’ll be very surprised if he lasts three years there.

I’m hoping he gets off to a flyer and then a top club comes in for him who he drops everton for immediately. Would be hilarious.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10263: Jun 30, 2021 06:25:34 pm

It's a valid point, maybe Sir Alex come out of retirement and go to Liverpool  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10264: Jun 30, 2021 07:04:20 pm
      It's a valid point, maybe Sir Alex come out of retirement and go to Liverpool  ;D

Too late, we do not need him ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10265: Jun 30, 2021 07:07:36 pm

Fergie hung around Shankly &
      Paisley, learned off them & then applied at United…

So your lot have a bit of our DNA …ask Matt Busby..😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10266: Jun 30, 2021 07:09:06 pm
      Fergie hung around Shankly &
      Paisley, learned off them & then applied at United…

So your lot have a bit of our DNA …ask Matt Busby..😎

Joking a side i honestly think there's truth in that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10267: Jun 30, 2021 07:09:43 pm
      Joking a side i honestly think there's truth in that.

Facht…..😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10268: Jun 30, 2021 07:24:41 pm
      He will always be welcome here unless one day he manages Manchester United,

Not having that mate. There's very little difference in it being United or Everton. The  reactions of many on here prove that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #10269: Jun 30, 2021 07:34:56 pm

Hahahahahaha grow the F**k up softlad

The only divvy round here fuming is you and the VAR dope.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #10270: Jun 30, 2021 07:36:38 pm
      Not having that mate. There's very little difference in it being United or Everton. The  reactions of many on here prove that.

The few you mean.

The majority, like most Liverpool fans are not arsed about Everton, cos they're a F***ing irrelevance.

And even better reactions when you actually tell the soft bluenosed cu*ts that!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10271: Jun 30, 2021 07:54:35 pm
      The few you mean.

The majority, like most Liverpool fans are not arsed about Everton, cos they're a f**king irrelevance.

And even better reactions when you actually tell the soft bluenosed cu*ts that!!

I agree its more Everton that are pissed off and understandably so. Not sure irrelevance is the case, at the end of the day United & Everton will always be your biggest bitter rivals irrespective of how well/bad they do in the league.

You must be looking forward to the Everton match more than normal?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #10272: Jun 30, 2021 07:59:40 pm
      I agree its more Everton that are pissed off and understandably so. Not sure irrelevance is the case, at the end of the day United & Everton will always be your biggest bitter rivals irrespective of how well/bad they do in the league.

You must be looking forward to the Everton match more than normal?

They're a F***ing irrelevance, do you remember the way City used to be!!

And on that note the announcement video

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1410240527988051968

Don't know whether Rafa's actually buzzing off them with some of them facial expressions :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10273: Jun 30, 2021 08:02:32 pm
      They're a f**king irrelevance, do you remember the way City used to be!!

And on that note the announcement video

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1410240527988051968

Don't know whether Rafa's actually buzzing off them with some of them facial expressions :laugh:

I can't see twitter comments because my server blocks it for some reason. However. i do bloody remember the way city use to be, needs to get back that way ASAP  :lmao:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #10274: Jun 30, 2021 08:49:33 pm
      I certainly wish him well but seeing him in that Everton blue makes me sick.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10275: Jun 30, 2021 09:12:46 pm
      I certainly wish him well but seeing him in that Everton blue makes me sick.

Makes me sick too
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #10276: Jun 30, 2021 09:53:45 pm
      Everton will always be your biggest bitter rivals
      I'm sure most Liverpool fans don't even see Everton as a rival. 'Rival' implies some competition, which there isn't. United are our rival, Everton are just our noisy neighbour.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10277: Jun 30, 2021 09:57:12 pm
      I'm sure most Liverpool fans don't even see Everton as a rival. 'Rival' implies some competition, which there isn't. United are our rival, Everton are just our noisy neighbour.

Yeah but at the same time you always want them to lose just as much as United.  Point taken though should of explained myself better.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #10278: Jun 30, 2021 11:23:35 pm
      Yeah but at the same time you always want them to lose just as much as United.  Point taken though should of explained myself better.
      Honestly, I only want us to finish above them. As long as we do that, I don't care whether they finish 2nd or last.

As far as United are concerned, I actually want you to finish second behind us. Because it means you got to dream and then we crushed your dream... ('It's the hope that kills you'). I'm a bit of a sadist like that.  :lmao: ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10279: Jul 01, 2021 12:25:23 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10280: Jul 01, 2021 08:34:08 am
      Honestly, I only want us to finish above them. As long as we do that, I don't care whether they finish 2nd or last.

As far as United are concerned, I actually want you to finish second behind us. Because it means you got to dream and then we crushed your dream... ('It's the hope that kills you'). I'm a bit of a sadist like that.  :lmao: ;)

Now you see my point re rivalry, you've just basically admitted it as long as they come second, that's rivalry  ;D

Re United makes perfect sense  :lmao:

Quick Reply