Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096101 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10281: Jul 01, 2021 01:22:39 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10282: Jul 01, 2021 02:43:43 pm
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #10283: Jul 01, 2021 05:11:18 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10284: Jul 01, 2021 05:36:39 pm
      Funny how the Liverpool fans crying about him becoming Everton manager are probably the same pricks that were calling him a fat c**t and wanting him sacked when he was our manager.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10285: Jul 02, 2021 04:58:21 am
      Funny how the Liverpool fans crying about him becoming Everton manager are probably the same pricks that were calling him a fat c**t and wanting him sacked when he was our manager.

Yeah the fact we sacked him makes this okay I think.  We are happy as a club, he is happy to be back on Merseyside the Everton fans are furious. Everyone's happy.

On a serious note I think they will grow to love him over time once the initial fury subsides. He could do well there in signing some good players with the money at their disposal rather than the absolute sh*te they have bought with it so far.

If he does do well his relationship with us may even deteriorate. Probably depends on how well we do too!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #10286: Jul 02, 2021 06:12:28 am
      I just would have liked some special gesture from him. Me in his shoes would have stated that I will not stand on the sideline to coach in all matches against Liverpool out of respect and former history. THAT would send a powerful sign and anyone could move on. But again: no grudge against him, in fact wish him well, just a bit sad he didnā€˜t do some extra mile.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #10287: Jul 02, 2021 11:40:47 am
      If he has any dreams/plans to win anything with that club heā€™ll have spendā€¦ and spend big time.
      With Man U spending 73m on Sancho, that is the sort of benchmark that Benitez needs to looking at to have any sort of impact on the top six in the PL, otherwise, in my opinion heā€™ll be out on his arse by January.
      For me, Benitez has had his day, just like Jose Mourinho had his.. the game has changed so much since the mid 00ā€™s

Iā€™m still finding it difficult to actually get my head around what has happened.

On another side note, I also found it unbelievable that Benitez, during his time with us, brought 61 players to the club..  :o thatā€™s nutz !!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10288: Jul 02, 2021 01:29:20 pm
      If he has any dreams/plans to win anything with that club heā€™ll have spendā€¦ and spend big time.
      With Man U spending 73m on Sancho, that is the sort of benchmark that Benitez needs to looking at to have any sort of impact on the top six in the PL, otherwise, in my opinion heā€™ll be out on his arse by January.
      For me, Benitez has had his day, just like Jose Mourinho had his.. the game has changed so much since the mid 00ā€™s

Iā€™m still finding it difficult to actually get my head around what has happened.

On another side note, I also found it unbelievable that Benitez, during his time with us, brought 61 players to the club..  :o thatā€™s nutz !!

Yeah i think your right. Rafa's best days are gone, why else ( in his words) would he go to a smaller club. My own thoughts on him is I thought he handled European football better than the premier league.

Him going to Everton is a no win situation given his history with Liverpool fans.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #10289: Jul 03, 2021 07:38:27 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Going to be weird when weā€™re singing his name at the derby and those divvys are singing Spanish waiter.

As long as theyā€™re not flying in the league competing with us at the top end then I wish him all the best.

Well if they're doing well, that's where they will be competing. So hopefully we won't be on our phones every 5 minutes on the last day of the season at home to Wolves, wondering if Arsenal are beating them or not.

I think he'll be out of there in no time because he's not one who hits the ground running, and they don't have the patience of job to put up with 6 years of trying to beat us. In fact it's not that far fetched to think he'll be gone before the first derby. But in the unlikely event that he does show his face here next April, he's here for just one reason. To do all in his power to stop us winning the league. So do remember that when you're sitting there singing his name on derby day, while we're trying to smash up the bus he has parked to stop us. On the pitch obviously.

He made his move on the 20th Anniversary of the passing of Joe Fagan, a real Liverpool legend who won more trophies in one season than he managed in 6 of them. Joe was never sacked, he didn't complain about what he couldn't do, and when he walked away, that was that. He never went crawling to Everton for a job.

Quote from 6stringer
      On another side note, I also found it unbelievable that Benitez, during his time with us, brought 61 players to the club!!

61 players is an average of 10 new players per season. He never developed the ones he got, they were simply thrown away like unwanted presents for Christmas if their form dipped or they were out of favour, then he would cry that he couldn't buy the players he wanted. Apart from Reina, there was no consistency in team selection. His man management skills were and still are, zero. Despite his lack of success since he left, absolutely nothing has sunk in. He has never changed his ways or adapted to new scenarios, he just blames all and sundry for why he hasn't won and sadly, people believe him.

When treble winners Inter became the World Champions, most coaches would congratulate everyone from the owner to the tea lady for helping them do it. Becoming World Champions is the ultimate title a club can have, and it should be a time to let such a massive achievement sink in. Not him however. He turned his winners press conference into a rant against Moratti and was promptly fired.

Quote from JD
      He doesn't owe us anything. He was ultimately treated poorly by the then owners of LFC.

He thinks he was treated poorly by every owner he's ever had. Valencia Real Newcastle, us, the list goes on and on and on. Never once has he taken responsibility for any game lost by his crap subs, or any league campaign wrecked by Christmas by his outdated, ineffective, unsuccessful tactics. It was always because he couldn't have this and didnā€™t get that. Someone else's fault.

If he had any respect for us or this club, he wouldn't entertain the idea of going over there, let alone set foot on the farm. And he knows that himself. It's not like there's a shortage of coaching jobs going this summer. So he can try to justify what he's done any way he wants, but it will never wash.

The man hasn't won a league title in the last 17 years. A frankly appalling record for someone armed with all the world class players he has had, during that time. If he was here in this era, honestly I dread to think what version of shambles he would come up with, trying to compete against City and their 90+ point ruthlessness. We know all the excuses that would be used to explain why, but No. 19 let alone No. 20, would still feel as far away as ever.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10290: Jul 03, 2021 07:43:46 pm
      If some of you think Rafa will be out of there within 6 months you need to give your head a wobbleā€¦

Everton have money & will have state of the art stadia soon.

Rafa has a project & will be given the money to build a competitive team & he will.

Anyone know the stats of Liverpool v Rafaā€™s teams..?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10291: Jul 04, 2021 05:20:43 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10292: Jul 04, 2021 10:04:15 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10293: Jul 04, 2021 05:43:20 pm
      If some of you think Rafa will be out of there within 6 months you need to give your head a wobbleā€¦

Everton have money & will have state of the art stadia soon.

Rafa has a project & will be given the money to build a competitive team & he will.

Anyone know the stats of Liverpool v Rafaā€™s teams..?

Wonā€™t matter what money he is given - the players that will go to Everton wonā€™t change their level too much - mid table once again .

And the ā€œstate of the artā€ stadium 😂😂

If itā€™s built with Rafa as manager Iā€™ll be amazed - not even started it yet
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10294: Jul 04, 2021 05:43:59 pm
      Well if they're doing well, that's where they will be competing. So hopefully we won't be on our phones every 5 minutes on the last day of the season at home to Wolves, wondering if Arsenal are beating them or not.

I think he'll be out of there in no time because he's not one who hits the ground running, and they don't have the patience of job to put up with 6 years of trying to beat us. In fact it's not that far fetched to think he'll be gone before the first derby. But in the unlikely event that he does show his face here next April, he's here for just one reason. To do all in his power to stop us winning the league. So do remember that when you're sitting there singing his name on derby day, while we're trying to smash up the bus he has parked to stop us. On the pitch obviously.

He made his move on the 20th Anniversary of the passing of Joe Fagan, a real Liverpool legend who won more trophies in one season than he managed in 6 of them. Joe was never sacked, he didn't complain about what he couldn't do, and when he walked away, that was that. He never went crawling to Everton for a job.

61 players is an average of 10 new players per season. He never developed the ones he got, they were simply thrown away like unwanted presents for Christmas if their form dipped or they were out of favour, then he would cry that he couldn't buy the players he wanted. Apart from Reina, there was no consistency in team selection. His man management skills were and still are, zero. Despite his lack of success since he left, absolutely nothing has sunk in. He has never changed his ways or adapted to new scenarios, he just blames all and sundry for why he hasn't won and sadly, people believe him.

When treble winners Inter became the World Champions, most coaches would congratulate everyone from the owner to the tea lady for helping them do it. Becoming World Champions is the ultimate title a club can have, and it should be a time to let such a massive achievement sink in. Not him however. He turned his winners press conference into a rant against Moratti and was promptly fired.

He thinks he was treated poorly by every owner he's ever had. Valencia Real Newcastle, us, the list goes on and on and on. Never once has he taken responsibility for any game lost by his crap subs, or any league campaign wrecked by Christmas by his outdated, ineffective, unsuccessful tactics. It was always because he couldn't have this and didnā€™t get that. Someone else's fault.

If he had any respect for us or this club, he wouldn't entertain the idea of going over there, let alone set foot on the farm. And he knows that himself. It's not like there's a shortage of coaching jobs going this summer. So he can try to justify what he's done any way he wants, but it will never wash.

The man hasn't won a league title in the last 17 years. A frankly appalling record for someone armed with all the world class players he has had, during that time. If he was here in this era, honestly I dread to think what version of shambles he would come up with, trying to compete against City and their 90+ point ruthlessness. We know all the excuses that would be used to explain why, but No. 19 let alone No. 20, would still feel as far away as ever.

Did Rafa sleep with your wife ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #10295: Jul 04, 2021 06:27:36 pm
      Not having that mate. There's very little difference in it being United or Everton. The  reactions of many on here prove that.

Well youā€™re wrong mate.

If a player or manager joined united there would be a far bigger reaction than if they joined Everton. It would be much more hostile.

None of us want to see Everton to do well but the hatred and rivalry with united will always be more. A lot more.

For example, if James Milner joined Everton, I wouldnā€™t exactly like it but Iā€™d be thinking ok heā€™s on the decline reaching the end of his career, he doesnā€™t want to move home and heā€™s not exactly going to turn Everton into contenders. So I could live with it. And I bet you when we played them he would still get applauded when taking a corner etc because of his efforts with us.

But if he joined united? He would be absolutely hated and get terrorised.

Owen is the same. Many reds donā€™t forgive him for going to you, myself included, I canā€™t stand him actually. But if he joined Everton? I wouldnā€™t have liked it but it wouldnā€™t have been anywhere near as bad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10296: Jul 04, 2021 06:38:04 pm
      Never in millions years I thought would see him in blue. Now, he's our enemy on the pitch (off it he's brilliant for the 96s) so we need to beat him!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10297: Jul 04, 2021 06:41:08 pm

If a player or manager joined united there would be a far bigger reaction than if they joined Everton. It would be much more hostile.

None of us want to see Everton to do well but the hatred and rivalry with united will always be more. A lot more.

For example, if James Milner joined Everton, I wouldnā€™t exactly like it but Iā€™d be thinking ok heā€™s on the decline reaching the end of his career, he doesnā€™t want to move home and heā€™s not exactly going to turn Everton into contenders. So I could live with it. And I bet you when we played them he would still get applauded when taking a corner etc because of his efforts with us.

Owen is the same. Many reds donā€™t forgive him for going to you, myself included, I canā€™t stand him actually. But if he joined Everton? I wouldnā€™t have liked it but it wouldnā€™t have been anywhere near as bad.

I don't think I am wrong but we shall agree to disagree. From past post its split who you hate/dislike more between said clubs. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #10298: Jul 04, 2021 06:48:55 pm

I don't think I am wrong but we shall agree to disagree. From past post its split who you hate/dislike more between said clubs. 

I agree with him, when the team is not direct competition it hurts less!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10299: Jul 04, 2021 06:56:07 pm
      I agree with him, when the team is not direct competition it hurts less!

On a personal note I agree. However, it's only based from what I've read on here that it's very much mixed. I know given a choice I'd prefer City to win the league rather than Liverpool for the reasons stated.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #10300: Jul 04, 2021 07:01:04 pm
      On a personal note I agree. However, it's only based from what I've read on here that it's very much mixed. I know given a choice I'd prefer City to win the league rather than Liverpool for the reasons stated.

Even me, I would prefer Everton than Utd. First and foremost, I'm not from Liverpool so in Malta there are no Everton fans, secondly they are far behind us in the count.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10301: Jul 04, 2021 07:07:35 pm
      Even me, I would prefer Everton than Utd. First and foremost, I'm not from Liverpool so in Malta there are no Everton fans, secondly they are far behind us in the count.

Makes perfect sense, more so with their being no Everton fans where you are.  However, in the city with it being a mixed bag both set of fans see a hell of a lot more than you do hence why many differ from your opinion.

Move to Livepool and you'll see a lot more.  ;D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #10302: Jul 04, 2021 07:10:04 pm
      Makes perfect sense, more so with their being no Everton fans where you are.  However, in the city with it being a mixed bag both set of fans see a hell of a lot more than you do hence why many differ from your opinion.

Move to Livepool and you'll see a lot more.  ;D

I wish but can't. I came once in 2012. Will definitely come back.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10303: Jul 04, 2021 07:14:44 pm
      I wish but can't. I came once in 2012. Will definitely come back.

Shouldn't that read you'll never come back.  ;D

Quick Reply