Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096302 times
      Jimsouse67 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #10304: Jul 04, 2021 08:41:27 pm
      I don't think I am wrong but we shall agree to disagree. From past post its split who you hate/dislike more between said clubs.

It must be different in Manchester to liverpool because you are wrong mate. Maybe it’s because in liverpool it’s quite common to have mixed families whereas in Manchester I don’t think that’s a thing really.

But our main rivalry is with united, not Everton.

Everton hate us far more than we hate them. We’re their only rival whereas we have several. The derby is everything to them, it’s their World Cup final. Honestly, I know some blues who would settle for mid table every single season if it meant they won the derby. They only care about us.

I’ve been going the match since I was 5 years old and the atmosphere against United is completely different to that of Everton. It can get heated. Hostile at times. It’s not like that against Everton. We just laugh at them to be honest.

I don’t think there’s many reds who cause trouble at the match but united is the one team I could imagine some reds possibly getting carried away involved in trouble. You wouldn’t get that against Everton either.

Trust me, if a player or ex player, or manager or ex manager went to united it’s unforgivable. With Everton it’s not liked, but tolerated.

Put it this way when rafa comes to anfield I’ll sing his name. If rafa came to anfield leading a Manchester United team out he could get fu**ed.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #10305: Jul 04, 2021 09:18:11 pm
      I think Everton fans who have no respect for Rafa, by labelling him, the fat Spanish waiter, should bear in mind, he will find it impossible, to serve them any silverware !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10306: Jul 04, 2021 10:25:22 pm
      It must be different in Manchester to liverpool because you are wrong mate. Maybe it’s because in liverpool it’s quite common to have mixed families whereas in Manchester I don’t think that’s a thing really.

Everton hate us far more than we hate them. We’re their only rival whereas we have several. The derby is everything to them, it’s their World Cup final. Honestly, I know some blues who would settle for mid table every single season if it meant they won the derby. They only care about us.

I’ve been going the match since I was 5 years old and the atmosphere against United is completely different to that of Everton. It can get heated. Hostile at times. It’s not like that against Everton. We just laugh at them to be honest.

I don’t think there’s many reds who cause trouble at the match but united is the one team I could imagine some reds possibly getting carried away involved in trouble. You wouldn’t get that against Everton either.

Trust me, if a player or ex player, or manager or ex manager went to united it’s unforgivable. With Everton it’s not liked, but tolerated.

Put it this way when rafa comes to anfield I’ll sing his name. If rafa came to anfield leading a Manchester United team out he could get fu**ed.

Your  thinking is pretty much the same way most United fans have with City.  I might be wrong when saying I think their was a thread about who Liverpool fans hate/dislike /rivals more in the said clubs.  I'll have a look tomorrow, I'll bring it back to the top if I can find it.

By the way welcome back.  :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10307: Jul 09, 2021 10:49:04 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      Did Rafa sleep with your wife ?

I don't care who he sleeps with, as men's sleeping arrangements are no interest to me. This is a football discussion, and in football terms, what he's doing now is equivalent to sleeping with the enemy.

Owen won us a cup on his own, yet his achievements here were airbrushed out of history for just doing what Ince did before him, in reverse. This is just as bad imo, arguably worse, as unlike with Owen or Ince, he didn't have to do it, he knew the response he was going to get from both sides of the city, which he got, but he still went and did it anyway.

Quote from HamannsTheMan

Put it this way when rafa comes to anfield I’ll sing his name.

So you'll sing his name if he wants to beat us with one club, but not another?

You must understand that whenever he turns up here in the away dugout, he is an opponent of this club, he is sitting there to get a result for his team, and his only priority atm is the same as theirs. Beat LFC. And we're expected to sing his name in that case? Sorry, but I won't be doing it anyway.

It's still great to see when fans of both sides would walk to derby games and watch them with no segregation, in an era when hooliganism at grounds was rife. That doesn't happen now, as the ticketing arrangements don't allow it. But the atmosphere has definitely deteriorated in recent years, and if they're prepared to keep using Heysel and Hillsborough as banter, it's probably best nowadays to keep them as far away from us as possible.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10308: Jul 10, 2021 08:34:44 pm

Stop being a miserable tw*t, do you even get the phrase "taking the piss?"

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #10309: Jul 22, 2021 07:45:37 am
      I don't care who he sleeps with, as men's sleeping arrangements are no interest to me. This is a football discussion, and in football terms, what he's doing now is equivalent to sleeping with the enemy.

Owen won us a cup on his own, yet his achievements here were airbrushed out of history for just doing what Ince did before him, in reverse. This is just as bad imo, arguably worse, as unlike with Owen or Ince, he didn't have to do it, he knew the response he was going to get from both sides of the city, which he got, but he still went and did it anyway.

You must understand that whenever he turns up here in the away dugout, he is an opponent of this club, he is sitting there to get a result for his team, and his only priority atm is the same as theirs. Beat LFC. And we're expected to sing his name in that case? Sorry, but I won't be doing it anyway.

It's still great to see when fans of both sides would walk to derby games and watch them with no segregation, in an era when hooliganism at grounds was rife. That doesn't happen now, as the ticketing arrangements don't allow it. But the atmosphere has definitely deteriorated in recent years, and if they're prepared to keep using Heysel and Hillsborough as banter, it's probably best nowadays to keep them as far away from us as possible.

Yeah, I will. Because rafa gave me the best night of my life and I don’t think it’ll ever be topped. Obviously if everton are beating us then it wouldn’t happen, but don’t be surprised one bit to hear the kop sing his name if we’re beating them.

What has ince got to do with it? He joined us. So in that situation it’s Mancs who should be fuming.

Owen had to join united? Get fu**ed with that. He has said himself that he had other offers but as soon as whiskey nose belled him then that was that and he hasn’t stopped sucking him off since or talking about his ex team mates ‘giggseh and scholesy’

It doesn’t matter if you’re liverpool or united, you do not join the other one. It’s the unwritten rule. And once you do then your relationship with those fans is dead.

It’s not like that with Everton. It is for them because if we wanted one of their players then we’re taking their best (Nick barmby springs to mind). But everton aren’t going to take salah or Klopp are they? They’re more likely to take origi or karius and would you be fuming with either of those two if they went to everton? I wouldn’t be arsed one bit. And I’m not arsed rafa has gone either.

They need a lot more than some rafa magic to become competitive and rival us in some way.

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10310: Jul 22, 2021 11:59:29 pm
      You may not be bothered, but as seen by the reaction online and offline, plenty of people are, on both sides.

What Owen did was the reverse of what Ince did, no more no less. You can argue it's an unwritten rule not to go if you want, but if so, you can also argue the same about Liverpool and Everton personnel moving to each other, unless you want the reaction he's got for doing it. iirc, Xavier was the last player to move and that was 20 years ago. It just doesn't happen anymore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10311: Jul 23, 2021 04:26:52 pm
      You may not be bothered, but as seen by the reaction online and offline, plenty of people are, on both sides.

You mean bed-wetting reds!!

No one on the red side of Liverpool is F***ing arsed.

In fact I'm fairly certain Rafa will get a good reception at Anfield, because we all know it will make the mongrels heads fall off.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10312: Jul 23, 2021 06:02:08 pm

In fact I'm fairly certain Rafa will get a good reception at Anfield, because we all know it will make the mongrels heads fall off.

I wondered at all the activity in this thread, then I saw who you were replying to, and understood.

I've had that tit on ignore for years.
      Not even worth the effort of reading his sh*te.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #10313: Jul 24, 2021 05:58:53 pm
      This is the attitude of a true Liverpool legend: https://www.xxx.co.uk/steven-gerrard-everton-links/

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10314: Jul 24, 2021 07:31:36 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

They are. Not many maybe, but they are. We've read posts by reds on this very forum asking him not to do it, let alone the wider fanbase. But he's gone and done it so if it turns some reds against him, he has no one to blame but himself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10315: Jul 26, 2021 07:05:31 pm
      They are. Not many maybe, but they are. We've read posts by reds on this very forum asking him not to do it, let alone the wider fanbase. But he's gone and done it so if it turns some reds against him, he has no one to blame but himself.

Hahaha someone not from Liverpool trying to tell me people here are arsed when everyone I've spoken to who does go the game - we're all of the opinion "we're not arsed"

Turns people against him - you mean YOU and a few cranks who never went to Istanbul, wanted Rafa sacked and was happy with Roy.

Yeah we call the them soft tw*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10316: Jul 26, 2021 07:08:28 pm

Would you be gutted to find out he wore an Everton kit as a kid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #10317: Jul 27, 2021 07:01:21 am
      Would you be gutted to find out he wore an Everton kit as a kid

Nope. What counts for me is how a player/coach treats LFC after he leaves because that shows if there is something more than professionalism. Rafa going to Everton would not be a big deal if he'd refused to coach them on the sideline (only) for all Liverpool games or some other gesture. Without such a gesture it's a little bit sad, but then Rafa took some time, it's not like with Mourinho for instance that jumped from Chelsea directly to ManU directly to Spurs etc. That's as plain a whore as it gets.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10318: Jul 27, 2021 09:58:04 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Hahaha everyone I've spoken to who does go the game - we're all of the opinion "we're not arsed"

Turns people against him - you mean YOU and a few cranks who never went to Istanbul, wanted Rafa sacked and was happy with Roy.

You haven't been to any games since he went  there. You've been to as many games as everyone else during the shutdowns, and discovered what it feels like not to be able to go to games on tap. But you learned to adapt, as the rest of us do.

He is the only man we've had in charge who won the European Cup but not the league. And he was at every game bar one during those years. Having been fired and resigned from every other job he's had since, his standing in the game has sunk to the extent that he has to beg them looking for a job. Even cranks in Liverpool would draw the line at that. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #10319: Jul 28, 2021 01:11:25 pm

Behave your F***ing self.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10320: Jul 28, 2021 07:53:27 pm
      He is the only man we've had in charge who won the European Cup but not the league.

Shankly only won the League and not the European Cup, what's your F***ing point?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10321: Aug 07, 2021 03:57:08 pm
      You know what it is.

Shanks talk is mainly for his own thread but for this one, Shanks was put in charge to get us out of Division 2 asap. Done in less than 3 years.
      Klopp was put in charge to get us in the Top 4. Done 5 years in a row.
      Benitez was put in charge to win us the EPL. Failed after 6 years.

The first two got the job done. The last one only talks about why it can't be done.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10322: Aug 07, 2021 06:44:17 pm
      You know what it is.

Shanks talk is mainly for his own thread but for this one, Shanks was put in charge to get us out of Division 2 asap. Done in less than 3 years.

The first two got the job done. The last one only talks about why it can't be done.

Again chatting sh*te, is this some expectation you've built up in your and others of the same ilk that booed when we drew at home to West Ham and went top. Whatever dumb argument you put up, to me you sound like an Evertonian, whenever they talk about Liverpool! Pure F***ing bitterness.

I'll say it again so it drills into that dumb wool brain of yours, he won a trophy this club hadn't won for over 20 years and is up there with winning the League. He didn't win the league like several managers before and after him. Get. Over. It!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #10323: Aug 07, 2021 08:31:49 pm
      You know what it is.

Are you on a wind up ?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #10324: Aug 07, 2021 08:38:16 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      is this some expectation you've built up in your and others of the same ilk that booed when we drew at home to West Ham and went top.

I'll say it again, he won a trophy this club hadn't won for over 20 years and is up there with winning the League. He didn't win the league like several managers before and after him. Get. Over. It!!

Sorry but no, won't be happening. Not when that was his specific remit in the job. Istanbul was a great night. But the league wasn't won after 6 years so he had to go, just as Houllier had to before him. Winning the UEFA Cup for the first time in 25 years made no difference to him either. He had to go so off he went.

I'm not one to boo, but I don't blame those who made their feelings clear, after paying out what they did to sit through that god awful West Ham game, that dropped another 2 of the 4 more points we needed to win the league. No, the responsibility for that lies squarely at his door, and the consequences were seen at the end of May.

When he did leave, his fanbase insisted he was going to show sceptics like me just how good he is and win the lot. He's currently 17 years without a league championship.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10325: Aug 07, 2021 09:04:20 pm

He does it on all threads not just one...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #10326: Aug 08, 2021 01:29:52 pm
      Sorry but no, won't be happening. Not when that was his specific remit in the job. Istanbul was a great night. But the league wasn't won after 6 years so he had to go, just as Houllier had to before him. Winning the UEFA Cup for the first time in 25 years made no difference to him either. He had to go so off he went.

Houllier had to go for the good of his own health you cracked c**t. Maybe. I. Should. Write. This. Slowly. So. You. F***ing. Understand!! The more you bi*ch about Rafa, the more you sound like the bitterest blueshite bitching about us.

I'm not one to boo, but I don't blame those who made their feelings clear, after paying out what they did to sit through that god awful West Ham game, that dropped another 2 of the 4 more points we needed to win the league. No, the responsibility for that lies squarely at his door, and the consequences were seen at the end of May.

When he did leave, his fanbase insisted he was going to show sceptics like me just how good he is and win the lot. He's currently 17 years without a league championship.

2nd para - deffo F***ing lying there.

3rd para - just sums you up. It's F**k all to do with Liverpool Football club and just your gobs***e ego being proven right.

That make's you a bit of a sad b***ard.

Quick Reply