Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1103136 times
      INTERFANS.ORG
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Rafael Benitez. Inter Milan coach
      Reply #92: Jun 10, 2010 05:29:24 pm
      I'm glad to hear you talk like that in.
      in italy inter is stronger,but next year is not easy to win.

berlusconi/mafia/milan is power.
      and juventus /elkann/rothschild is really powerfull
      media attack inter every day and is not easy to make a god job in inter.

i hope in benitez of course,i like him job in liverpool,and in premier i think that was not so bed,in 2 premier did 82 and 86 point righ?

It'll be interesting to see if he gets the same affection from the fans over in Italy.

I guess a lot of that will depend on his success.

yes.is god person and we like him,but in italy affection is after victory

Give him back or we'll set Torres on you's again! ;)

this inter is not 2008 inter :)

inter 2008 is stronger in italy but with ibrahimovic nothing in europe.now we have a god team.
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 05:35:57 pm by Reslivo »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #93: Jun 10, 2010 05:33:21 pm

i hope in benitez of course,i like him job in liverpool,and in premier i think that was not so bed,in 2 premier did 82 and 86 point righ?

Yes. 82pts and 86pts. With virtually no transfer budget.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #94: Jun 10, 2010 05:35:20 pm

It sounds like Inter have the same problem with the media that Liverpool do.
      Rafa can cope very well with it and if your owners are behind him you will win everything.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #95: Jun 10, 2010 05:36:53 pm
      Can only wish him all the best, great manager that got shafted by two of the greediest carpet baggers in the world.  Now off to the bookies to put money on Inter retaining their titles....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Jun 10, 2010 05:37:23 pm

yes.is god person and we like him,but in italy affection is after victory

this inter is not 2008 inter :)

inter 2008 is stronger in italy but with ibrahimovic nothing in europe.now we have a god team.

Rafa took on our owners. Let the mafia at him and he'll round them up and push them off a cliff with one hand and leg tied together.

Rafa is unbreakable as a man. He will be living an easy life compared to the media that gave him sh*t in England.

Rafa will bring you success if you give him respect.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #97: Jun 10, 2010 05:44:43 pm
      Wonder will he get long term targets he wanted for us, Silva for example, now that hes at Inter? He could build a frightening side there
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #98: Jun 10, 2010 05:47:48 pm
      Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support Group
      Jun 10 2010 by Laura Jones, Liverpool Echo

Rafa Benitez 460
      THE ECHO can exclusively reveal that Rafa Benitez today donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group as he gets set to leave Merseyside.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who was today confirmed as the new manager at Inter Milan, handed over the cheque to Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, as the rest of the committee watched on this afternoon.

In a low key visit to the group's office, Benitez wished the group well and told them he hoped they would get the justice and the truth they are campaigning for.

Mrs Aspinall said: "It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went."
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #99: Jun 10, 2010 05:49:15 pm
      Wonder will he get long term targets he wanted for us, Silva for example, now that hes at Inter? He could build a frightening side there
      Brian now the shackles are off he will build the best side in Europe given the fact that most of the sought after players always express a preference to play for him.
      It's a real F***ing sickener.
      Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support Group

Rafa Benitez 460
      THE ECHO can exclusively reveal that Rafa Benitez today donated £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group as he gets set to leave Merseyside.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who was today confirmed as the new manager at Inter Milan, handed over the cheque to Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, as the rest of the committee watched on this afternoon.

In a low key visit to the group's office, Benitez wished the group well and told them he hoped they would get the justice and the truth they are campaigning for.

Mrs Aspinall said: "It was just nice to know that he wanted to see us before he went."

The man is a scholar and a gentleman of the highest order.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #100: Jun 10, 2010 05:51:01 pm

Rafa Benitez 460

You see, Inter guy? You see this?

It's stuff like this that makes him an absolute legend. He'll never be forgotten.
      INTERFANS.ORG
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #101: Jun 10, 2010 06:09:35 pm
      great. inside inter we wont not only great coaches but great men  :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #102: Jun 10, 2010 06:13:33 pm
      I never forget this:

;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #103: Jun 10, 2010 06:37:10 pm

Rafa Benitez 460

I love the man even more.Still cant beleive he has left.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #104: Jun 10, 2010 06:38:52 pm
      great. inside inter we wont not only great coaches but great men  :)
      You have got a saint.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #105: Jun 11, 2010 02:00:13 am
      I wish Rafa all the luck in the world. He'll do fantastic at Inter and will be as dedicated as he ever was at Valencia and Liverpool. Hero status at both clubs, he can only be a hero to you lot.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #106: Jun 14, 2010 11:16:51 pm

Rafa Benitez 460

Fantastic this, great manager and a great guy!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #107: Jun 15, 2010 01:35:53 pm
      Good to see Rafa is still doing his cheeky interviews.

Rafa ready for Jose legacy
      Spaniard left Liverpool on 'positive' terms with majority of squad

Mourinho did a great job here. I'm different, I like winning and playing a good football.

Rafa Benitez knows that he is facing a huge task in matching the achievements of Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

The former Liverpool boss was officially unveiled as the new Inter manager at the Italians' training ground on Tuesday after leaving Anfield earlier in the summer.

Benitez must now match the achievements of ex-Chelsea arch-rival Mourinho, who has moved to Real Madrid, after an epic Treble-winning season in Serie A, Coppa Italia and the UEFA Champions League.

The Spaniard acknowledged that he has a lot of hard work ahead, but he intends to do things in his own style and could not resist a subtle snipe at the on-field style of his former foe from the Premier League.

Benitez said in a press conference broadcast on Sky Sports News: "Mourinho did a great job here. I'm different, I like winning and playing a good football."

He added: "This is a perfect opportunity for my career. Inter had a practically perfect season. Now it's up to me to keep this winning mentality.

"The Italian mentality is similar to the Spanish. Should we win, it will surely be easier to work."

Benitez was also questioned about his plans in the transfer market, but he claimed he has not discussed the subject with club officials.

"I am still to talk with the club about the market," he said. "The team is the most important thing. Changing everything wouldn't be an intelligent thing."

Benitez also insists that he left Liverpool on good terms with the majority of the squad, despite rumours that he had lost the support of the dressing room.

He said: "I had contact with 95 per cent of the players. Everything was fine, very good messages, very positive messages.

"The relationship is really good with the majority. Maybe you have some members of the team who are not happy, but it has been good.

"The club was fantastic, the fans were amazing, so it was a sad day when I had to go. But things change so I had to do it."

Benitez made special effort to speak to Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard after he turned 30 at the end of May.

"I was in contact with Gerrard when it was his birthday and everything was fine, it was good. He was trying to focus on the World Cup," he said.

www.skysports.com
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #108: Jun 15, 2010 01:41:54 pm
      I know someday you ll have a beautiful life I know you ll be a star. . . In somebody elses sky but why why why!! Cant it be. Cant it be mine!! Eddie Vedders response when I told him Rafa had left
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 02:51:33 pm by racerx34 »
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #109: Jun 15, 2010 01:48:44 pm
      all the best rafa...please dont take too many players from us :-)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #110: Jun 15, 2010 02:10:42 pm

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 02:18:04 pm by JD »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #111: Jun 15, 2010 02:22:21 pm
      Weird looking at those photos.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #112: Jun 15, 2010 02:27:55 pm
      Good luck at Inter Rafa
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #113: Jun 15, 2010 02:30:11 pm
      Does not look that thrilled, does he?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #114: Jun 15, 2010 02:55:11 pm
      Does not look that thrilled, does he?

Nope. Not at all.

Poor guy has to manage a side wearing blue.

Quick Reply