Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool back the Blades...

Read 2068 times
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Liverpool back the Blades...
      Jun 18, 2007 03:10:48 pm
      This is very intresting,

Liverpool have been revealed as the mystery club backing Sheffield United's fight against the Premier League, reports BBC Radio Sheffield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6761225.stm

I think the only reason we would do this was in the hope of getting Tevez on the cheap?

what do you guys reckon??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Liverpool back the Blades...
      Reply #1: Jun 18, 2007 03:25:23 pm
      Saw that on SSN today, Rick Parry giving evidence  ???  Wonder what he knows that they don't  ???  Prob the way the Mascherano deal was handled eh ?  I agree with Sheff Utd though, the Hammers should of been docked points as well as the fine.  Will be interesting to see the outcome, looks like this is over 2 days so maybe we'll hear something tomorrow.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jun 18, 2007 03:36:45 pm
      Saw that on SSN today, Rick Parry giving evidence  ???  Wonder what he knows that they don't  ???  Prob the way the Mascherano deal was handled eh ?  I agree with Sheff Utd though, the Hammers should of been docked points as well as the fine.  Will be interesting to see the outcome, looks like this is over 2 days so maybe we'll hear something tomorrow.

Spot on Smiggs. Parry would probably have a little more knowledge than others in it because of dealing with Mascherano - same "company" as what Tevez belongs to.
      If the rules being broken in the way West Ham did, warrant deducted points, then I back Sheffield Utds cause all the way. As would many other teams in the league I presume.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #3: Jun 18, 2007 03:42:55 pm
      Ya its i think this is strange there must be sum reason behind it but if we are after Tevez this wont help us get him ,i think it must have something to do with Mascharano or else Parry is just getting invoved in this because he has nothing better to do,

Shudnt Parry be worrying about signing players instead of this.Who actually wants the blades in the Prem not good to watch anyway keep hammers they play good football
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2007 03:48:28 pm
      I feel sorry for the Blades but had to laugh when I heard that Slick Rick had slipped the the back door to help them out with their case! I can't help but think it's now completely doomed and Ricks input will condemn Sheff Utd to the Championship and exonerate the FA from all blame! I just cant see Rick sorting any thing out! ;)
      Cy
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2007 08:54:40 pm
      I feel that the blades have a case though I dont see what Perry can change really. There is no doubt that West Ham should have gone down with points deduction at the time, no doubt at all.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Jun 18, 2007 09:24:47 pm
      Of all the teams how many times have Sheffield United (principally under Warnock) called us for everything - for throwing games at the end of the season, to a lack of respect when they visit Anfield etc...

F**k them is what I say.

But now that Slick Rick's involved - they certainly are.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Jun 18, 2007 09:50:26 pm
      Of all the teams how many times have Sheffield United (principally under Warnock) called us for everything - for throwing games at the end of the season, to a lack of respect when they visit Anfield etc...

F**k them is what I say.

But now that Slick Rick's involved - they certainly are.

It's Rick Parry though.  Don't worry, he will be sacked soon.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #8: Jun 18, 2007 11:27:22 pm
      Got no time for Sheffield United.  If they hadn't have give us that penalty on the opening day then they would have stayed up. ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 19, 2007 09:29:29 am

fu*k them is what I say.
      I know I f*cking hate them so much, I hope they get relegated again and again and rot with Leeds!!
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #10: Jun 19, 2007 10:02:14 am

fu*k them is what I say.

could'nt agree more, lets hope they lose there appeal, and rot in the championship for years to come

P.S. how do you get past quotes up in that little box thingy. Looks far more proffesional than what I've done :throw:
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2007 10:05:19 am by THE MESSIAH »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jun 19, 2007 12:31:07 pm

fu*k them is what I say.

could'nt agree more, lets hope they lose there appeal, and rot in the championship for years to come

P.S. how do you get past quotes up in that little box thingy. Looks far more proffesional than what I've done :throw:

Just click the "quote" button in the top right hand corner of the post you want to quote, mate.

I agree that Sheff Utd are a club (mostly because of Warnock the Witch, of late) that have slagged us in the past. And I couldn't care less if they are relagated. But in principle, if it is proved they shouldn't have been relagated and West Ham get away with just that £5m fine, instead of points deduction, then that's out of order isn't it? Surely that's called cheating... I can't stand people being cheated!!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #12: Jun 19, 2007 10:08:50 pm
      Why would you want Rick Parry to defend you? ???
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jun 19, 2007 11:18:46 pm
      Hey, The Championship isn't that bad! Only one league below the Prem, and this season was much more exciting!! :P I want them to go down and down and down until they drop out of the Leagues alltogether :o
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2007 07:38:46 am
      Hey, The Championship isn't that bad! Only one league below the Prem, and this season was much more exciting!! :P I want them to go down and down and down until they drop out of the Leagues alltogether :o

Couldn't agree more Nicola!

Of course, I don't like to see any cheating but Sheffield United were always the first team to have a pop at us, and quite frankly, I don't mind seeing West Ham in the top flight! Just feels right, compared to Sheff utd :laugh:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Jun 20, 2007 11:17:46 am
      I feel that the blades have a case though I dont see what Perry can change really. There is no doubt that West Ham should have gone down with points deduction at the time, no doubt at all.

It can get you drunk :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Jun 20, 2007 07:05:45 pm

Quick Reply