Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lets use RBS to buy Liverpool?

Read 12274 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Lets use RBS to buy Liverpool?
      Jun 09, 2010 06:28:33 pm
      Ok so I have a plan, it's only in its early stages and is a very new idea, but a tongue in cheek suggestion in another thread got me thinking..

I keep hearing about share Liverpool and S.O.S and they seem like good ideas, in fact I'd be more than happy to pledge £500 of my heard earned money on my club. The problem is can everybody afford it? that got me thinking, why are we in this mess? well its that stupid money grabbing bank RBS allowing to red neck pricks to loan/buy our club and why aren't they being forced to sell? because if you read any banking corporations business plan.. the sole idea is to sustain debt in lending more and more money, the money isn't real, banks create money out of thin air in order to keep the wheels of debt rolling, its a never ending spiral..

so the solution?

Fire with fire..

If you have a steady income, RBS and other money grabbing f**k bag banks, will give you an overdraft.. they want to they need to try and get you in debt. What they dont tell you is after six years if its an unsecured debt it vanishes

So where am I going with this?

Well the idea is to get one million Liverpool fans to open an account with RBS, get an overdraft of £500, withdraw the money and buy the club.. its totally legal, lets stick it to the man!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE

I think its a full proof plan, how will they know we are Liverpool fans, hi I'd like to open an account, do you support Liverpool, no.. ;) ok here is your account, would you like an overdraft? yeah please, how much.. erm 500 sheets or something  :lmao:

anyway just a pipe dream plan, but I love our club and sometimes clutching at straws is the only thing, we have left..

just thought I'd share it with everyone  ;D

discuss..
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 04:14:00 am by Court LFC »
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: RBS to buy Liverpool but fans will own it
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2010 06:34:58 pm
      Sounds Cheeky...As you said its a pipe dream and highly unlikley but you can always dream !!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2010 06:35:14 pm
      What you are doing is illegal and therefore covered under the "proceeds of crime act" which allows the bank to recover assets, which in this case is the club.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2010 06:37:52 pm
      banks cant recover assets for a £500 overdraft, get real mate!!! i know people with bank debts all over the place and have never had anything seized, the bank after 5 years will make you an offer of say £250 to clear the debt

Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2010 06:38:32 pm
      ok lets make it £499 leave a quid in so its legal... haha
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2010 06:40:00 pm
      What you are doing is illegal and therefore covered under the "proceeds of crime act" which allows the bank to recover assets, which in this case is the club.

& what do you think these american tw*ts are doing!!! its only legal to them because they are rich, they have no right to own this f***in club!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2010 06:48:35 pm
      Ingenius.

Let's face it - RBS have given £10 for every man, woman and child in this whole country to Hicks and Gillett to prop up their ridiculous ownership of Liverpool Football Club.

Bearing in mind RBS is about 98% owned by the UK taxpayer I'm astonished that even the Conservative party wouldn't try and lean on them a little bit.  I'm sure they could do with a few votes on Merseyside for a kick off.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2010 06:49:36 pm
      & what do you think these american tw*ts are doing!!! its only legal to them because they are rich, they have no right to own this f***in club!!!

No, they intend to pay back the money (albeit using money that should have been invested in the squad) which is why they are allowed to continue doing what they're doing, the fact the bank is making over £40m a year bides in their favour + a further £10m or so each time they attempt to refinance.  I agree 100% they don't deserve the honour of owning our club, however there would need to be intention of paying back the loans otherwise it gets classed as a criminal offence (assuming UK law is the same as Australian law).  Anyway, £500m wouldn't be enough to purchase the club, would need at least double that to somewhat entertain the idea and triple that to realistically entertain the idea.  There would be ways around it but truthfully not worth the hassle or effort.  Ask people to donate and start gaining interest on people's investments early and hope it can be a reality one day.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Lets use RBS to buy Liverpool?
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2010 07:03:28 pm
      Why doesn't one fan do that, buy a shotgun and end this all
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2010 07:05:25 pm
      Why doesn't one fan do that, buy a shotgun and end this all

Now, now. I'm sure they are very nice men underneath it all.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2010 07:07:00 pm
      Now, now. I'm sure they are very nice men underneath it all.  :f_tongueincheek:

I suppose they do suffer for a serious illness of being wankers.... It's a real condition.... Google it
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #11: Jun 09, 2010 07:58:01 pm
      Can we do this ??? Haha get on over to RAWK and show them this. Could you imagine if 20,000 of us took out £500.What intrest would we have to pay eventually ?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #12: Jun 09, 2010 08:00:28 pm
      Just read there Graduate Current Account £2000 interest free overdraft.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #13: Jun 09, 2010 08:23:05 pm
      Just read there Graduate Current Account £2000 interest free overdraft.

banks give money away left right and centre.. now its up to us whether we exploit it or not?

I for one have never bothered paying back loans to banks and I still have good credit, because of the six year rule... maybe you guys pay up because you fear bailiffs at the door, but in reality that never happens unless its a substantial loan, truth is it costs too much money for them to chase debts..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: Jun 09, 2010 08:50:05 pm
      :lmao:

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15: Jun 09, 2010 11:04:43 pm
      Christ, this is a F***ing awesome idea sir. And it is totally possible if organised properly. Fans from all countries would have to participate. I'm sure the bank would get wind if one million people opened an account with RBS just in the UK!
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #16: Jun 09, 2010 11:22:12 pm
      well if anyone is any good on the internet and can help organise would be massively appreciated.. I'm absolutely sh*te  ???

I know one thing the intention of Liverpool fans is second to none..& should we all raise £500 i know that it would go towards the club, i would actually get in debt for Liverpool, my life has meaning but Liverpool gives me meaning! every morning i wake up its Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool.. my girlfriend is going mental because this is supposed to be her time when the season ends, but this year i cant leave the laptop alone. I need to know what is happening!! and I'm sure most of you are the same.

this is only an idea but if we can buy the club.. we can then find our own investor to buy a stake Arabs?? why not try and beat the banks? what have we got to lose.. lets beat the system!

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!I'M A HUMAN BEING GOD DAMMIT!!!

MY LIFE HAS VALUE..

Network - Mad as Hell Scene

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Jun 09, 2010 11:36:04 pm
      I f**king love this idea.
      Rage Against The Machine brothers and sisters
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2010 12:33:39 am

Right anyone who has said this is a good idea etc etc join the facebook group!!!  if rage against the machine can get a number 1 single, we should be able to piss 1 million fans!!!

also if anyone wants to speak to other forum members, would be a great help

the time is now our club cant wait.

In the words of the great John Lennon

A million workers working for nothing
      You better give 'em what they really own
      We got to put you down
      When we come into town

Singing power to the people
      Power to the people
      Power to the people
      Power to the people, right on
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 02:17:12 am by Christ »
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2010 12:53:59 am
      well if anyone is any good on the internet and can help organise would be massively appreciated.. I'm absolutely sh*te  ???

I know one thing the intention of Liverpool fans is second to none..& should we all raise £500 I know that it would go towards the club, I would actually get in debt for Liverpool, my life has meaning but Liverpool gives me meaning! every morning I wake up its Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool.. my girlfriend is going mental because this is supposed to be her time when the season ends, but this year I cant leave the laptop alone. I need to know what is happening!! and I'm sure most of you are the same.

this is only an idea but if we can buy the club.. we can then find our own investor to buy a stake Arabs?? why not try and beat the banks? what have we got to lose.. lets beat the system!

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!I'M A HUMAN BEING GOD DAMMIT!!!

MY LIFE HAS VALUE..

Network - Mad as Hell Scene

Top post mate. We will find ways to channel this passion,into action.Remember we have security services hyper active on any protests,but we will prevail.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20: Jun 10, 2010 01:03:52 am
      Can I, in Norway currently, get involved in this?

yes my friend, just get an overdraft of £500 or whatever you can afford.. the idea is to borrow the money to buy our club from the banks who punish us with debt! also post the facebook link to any reds you know mate, get everyone involved.. with July 4th approaching it would be good if we were getting close at that stage. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Jun 10, 2010 01:11:21 am
      Do we sit back and watch as they destroy what we love.
      Do we stand idly by and hope for someone else to solve our problems.
      No
      It's time we let people know that we are not prepared to let our club slip away silently.
      We are not prepared to be fed more lies by the impostors on the throne.
      Groups like S.O.S need our support.
      We need to stand now as one and save our club.

Much love to you all
      Racer
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #22: Jun 10, 2010 01:15:21 am
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123858504318760#!/group.php?gid=131722616838966&ref=ts

2 members now.. come on people on 999998 to go...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Jun 10, 2010 01:18:52 am
      Totally down for this. Though I'm a broke college student so, so I don't know if that hinders me? What's the exact process?

Will join the group anyways ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Jun 10, 2010 01:20:13 am
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123858504318760#!/group.php?gid=131722616838966&ref=ts

2 members now.. come on people on 999998 to go...

Done
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2010 01:32:38 am
      Totally down for this. Though I'm a broke college student so, so I don't know if that hinders me? What's the exact process?

Will join the group anyways ;D

hinder you haha you get a £2000 interest free overdraft with RBS!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 04:13:35 am by Court LFC »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2010 01:43:37 am
      hinder you haha you get a £2000 interest free overdraft with RBS!!!

It's on then :D
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 03:33:51 am by Court LFC »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2010 02:42:53 am
      So, what do you all think of this RBS idea then? :D
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 03:50:40 am by CRK, Reason: Cleaned the thread up »
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2010 05:24:11 am
      There actually is precedent for a move like this. The NFL Green Bay Packers are owned by the fans, so it's not impossible. Whatever profits they make HAVE to go back into the club (for stadium improvments, salaries, etc.) Green Bay is the smallest market in the US , but they are still in the top half of the league in revenue, and added 20,000 seats to their really old stadium.

http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/stock_history/
      charliechalk
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | -2 
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2010 12:25:16 am

A million Liverpool fans, ;D that made me laugh.

I reckon you would be very hard pressed to find 10,000 fans willing to put £50 each in the kitty.

And then of course it would end up like a Monty Python sketch.

The People's Front of Judea.....Splitters!

I say get Shiniwatra in its just as likely to work!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2010 01:05:15 pm
      I say get Shiniwatra in its just as likely to work!

Nah, lets go the whole hog and go for Osama Bin Laden.

No F***ing about!!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #31: Jun 30, 2010 01:46:05 pm
      The thing is though once we start putting money in to buy the club and we get a good response, SOS will then get wind of it, and take over it and make a complete hash of it.  Plus would would you want the likes of SOS in charge of the club.  The board would consist of all there family and friends.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #32: Jul 04, 2010 02:02:58 am
      No let's remind ourselves,that these gobshites are creaming £40 million  per year from our club,with no inward investement.A mortgage sround our necks.
      charliechalk
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | -2 
      Reply #33: Jul 04, 2010 03:38:08 pm

And they are about to take a chunk of the interest they are owed when Torres gets sold.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #34: Jul 20, 2010 06:04:20 pm
      Christ, this is a f**king awesome idea sir. And it is totally possible if organised properly. Fans from all countries would have to participate. I'm sure the bank would get wind if one million people opened an account with RBS just in the UK!

Imagine... "arite lar giz a bank account an 5 ton ovies"

I think they might just catch on.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #35: Jul 27, 2010 05:03:43 pm
      I have been thinking for a while about this idea, it is a good idea, but it is relying on a huge amount of people getting overdrafts, I know for one its not that easy to get an overdraft anymore

I have come up with another idea, if we can get a consortium formed, bring in some rich whales who can put up the money to buy the club, we can then go to RBS and put an offer in for the club.  Once we have gained control, we can have a share issue to raise enough money to pay any debts of.  The rich whales can have a larger state than the fans, but the fans would then be able to have a say what happens with the club.  All this putting money into a credit union is abuit frightening to me, as who looks after it and what is there stopping people taking advantage.

I think a consortium buying the club, then putting a shares scheme together would be a better option.

Any thoughts?
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #36: Jul 27, 2010 05:49:06 pm
      If only !! Unlikely to work / wont work, but I dont want to shoot down your thread mate. Even SOS with its backing and FSA regulated credit scheme will stuggle to put together a tangiable approach for 10% of the club.

The problem with Whales tends to be they are Egotiscial, your likely to end up with a load of Purslows all wanting to run the club. Second to that you will need at least £140 Million to pay of the Yanks, £240Million to pay of RBS, £200+ Million for the Stadium and apx £50+ investment into the team, apx £650Million............that is a big consortium. Not one of those people are ever likely to see their money back, so it would be gift. Literaly every football club in the UK operates in debt and LFC itself was £44Million in debt when the Yanks bought us.

Finally ideas are all well and good until you ask people to fork out some cash. Then they go tits up. If you did a share issue how would you stop another LBO snapping up all the shares, then plonking themsleves onto the board and trying to take over, ala Arsenal.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #37: Jul 27, 2010 05:51:47 pm
      True True mate, just a thought I had, it could in theory be even worse than what we have now.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #38: Jul 27, 2010 06:01:19 pm
      Yeah sadly. What we need to do is start to focus our attention on Richard Scudamore and Ricahards at the FA. They need to realise that football sadly now needs regulating as its out of control.....
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #39: Jul 28, 2010 09:31:55 am
      They will never do anything about it, there is too much money to be made.

Quick Reply