Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Things keeping me awake at night?

Read 13213 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Things keeping me awake at night?
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2007 09:00:03 pm
      Cheers redkenny, sure he'll be fine.
      Smigger can you let me know when you've been on the stella? I have something to tell you!  ;D

You passed your test ??  Well done and congrats Liverbird !!  I'll PM you my number and you can let me know when you go out   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
      Ahh I have a job, maybe two now, wohoo ;D

My interview today kept me awake last night though!

Well done Nicola !!  I got a new job as well, I start Monday, when do you start yours ??  ;) ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #24: Jun 21, 2007 09:22:17 pm
      You passed your test ??  Well done and congrats Liverbird !!  I'll PM you my number and you can let me know when you go out   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Well done Nicola !!  I got a new job as well, I start Monday, when do you start yours ??  ;) ;D
      :D not passed yet smigger, got my test next weekend!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #25: Jun 21, 2007 09:44:54 pm
      :D not passed yet smigger, got my test next weekend!

Good Luck then mate !!  Let us know how you get on, which test centre are you going from ?? 
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #26: Jun 21, 2007 09:49:23 pm
      I dont actually know the name of the place i'll post it tomorrow when i can be arsed to find out.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jun 21, 2007 10:26:40 pm
      I dont actually know the name of the place I'll post it tomorrow when I can be arsed to find out.

Could be by ours mate - Norris Green? I'll avoid driving past like a possessed hells angel on acid, at the weekend  ;)

I got a new job as well, I start Monday, when do you start yours ??  ;) ;D

Congratulations Smigger!!!! No more rush hour journeys into town now then?
      If you would have let us know sooner I would popped down the offie and got you some of your faves to celebrate ;) ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #28: Jun 22, 2007 12:15:05 am
      Good luck to everyone starting new jobs, taking tests and waiting for results!
      I know that 'night before the new job' feeling, it ain't easy but generally it's worth it in the end!
      Exams, everyone does them to a varying degree of difficulty but as long as you give it your all that's what matters.
      As for results well, the sky's the limit. If at first you don't succeed try, try again. If it doesn't break you it makes you and you will be rewarded for your efforts!

Just a funny note to end. When I got my GCSE results I was a bit nervous as most people are but the best result was for my woodwork. I struggled like F**k to make a simple mortice and tenon joint during the exam which kinda knackered up the rest of it to as I fell behind. So when I got my result it knew it would be pretty bad but I was horrified to find out they had actually marked me down as ABSENT!  :o ??? :-[    :D :D :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Jun 22, 2007 05:54:38 am
      Could be by ours mate - Norris Green? I'll avoid driving past like a possessed hells angel on acid, at the weekend  ;)

Congratulations Smigger!!!! No more rush hour journeys into town now then?
      If you would have let us know sooner I would popped down the offie and got you some of your faves to celebrate ;) ;D

Still got to go into town Kenny, but not quite as far in, now working in the Cotton Exchange just a  bit nearer than going all the way down to the Queens Dock though !!  And i dont have to work anymore weekends - yippee !!  ;D  And i dont have to work till 8 o'clock every Wed night, and me wages have gone up, so all in all not too bad at all  ;)  Will never have to look for a shift swap for European nights at Anfield anymore on a Wednesday !!  That was a pain in the arse, if couldnt get a swap i used to have to take holidays all the time.  I think we should follow Liverbird when he goes out on his test  ;D ;D  We could follow him from the Red Peppers Club  :lmao:  He prob wont tell us where he's going from now !! - sorry Liverbird...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Jun 22, 2007 05:13:52 pm
      Still got to go into town Kenny, but not quite as far in, now working in the Cotton Exchange just a  bit nearer than going all the way down to the Queens Dock though !!  And I dont have to work anymore weekends - yippee !!  ;D  And I dont have to work till 8 o'clock every Wed night, and me wages have gone up, so all in all not too bad at all  ;)  Will never have to look for a shift swap for European nights at Anfield anymore on a Wednesday !!  That was a pain in the arse, if couldnt get a swap I used to have to take holidays all the time.  I think we should follow Liverbird when he goes out on his test  ;D ;D  We could follow him from the Red Peppers Club  :lmao:  He prob wont tell us where he's going from now !! - sorry Liverbird...

Good stuff Stella Smigger  ;D
      Chuffed for you getting the new job. I know what you mean about having to swap shifts on weeknight games. I used to work afternoon shifts and it would be a fight to the death to be able to swap or get a holiday in time. That is certainly one thing that used to keep me awake at night worrying about it!!
      Plus you'll be able to have a Stella or ten on a Friday night now hehe... ;)

As for Liverbird Smiggs, you get by the TA and I'll get by the Peppers at the other end. That way, he'll won't be able to escape us!  :D :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #31: Jun 22, 2007 08:33:21 pm
      Good stuff Stella Smigger  ;D
      Chuffed for you getting the new job. I know what you mean about having to swap shifts on weeknight games. I used to work afternoon shifts and it would be a fight to the death to be able to swap or get a holiday in time. That is certainly one thing that used to keep me awake at night worrying about it!!
      Plus you'll be able to have a Stella or ten on a Friday night now hehe... ;)

As for Liverbird Smiggs, you get by the TA and I'll get by the Peppers at the other end. That way, he'll won't be able to escape us!  :D :D

He'll probably scarper off down Fairmead Road now he's read this !  :D :D :D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #32: Jun 22, 2007 08:38:29 pm

Done my test at Norris Green, absolute nightmare to find if you're not from there. None of the locals even seemed to know where it was!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jun 24, 2007 08:04:40 pm
      Thanks guys I had my first shift today.. It was like I'd never left hehe.

Good luck with driving test Liverbird!!

My cousin is going to Afghanistan in October too with the Army!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #34: Jun 24, 2007 10:23:21 pm
      Watch it pullin' outa the Norris Green centre! They fly up and down there! I'm bookin my test as soon as I get the wonga  >:( which might be a while  :laugh: Good luck with your test Liverbird!

Well in on the first shift! I need a new job aswell as the pub as it's too much working with and serving the same faces all the time! Plus due to a previously underlined lack of wonga!  8)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #35: Jun 25, 2007 07:25:31 pm
      I dont actually know the name of the place I'll post it tomorrow when I can be arsed to find out.

any news yet Liverbird ??  Is it this weekend ??  And what Test Centre ??  Just want to make arrangements to meet RedKenny  !!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Jun 25, 2007 11:58:33 pm
      any news yet Liverbird ??  Is it this weekend ??  And what Test Centre ??  Just want to make arrangements to meet RedKenny  !!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't worry Liverbird. We'll be too busy drinking Stella  ;) ;D ;D Honest....
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37: Jun 26, 2007 12:53:16 am
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't worry Liverbird. We'll be too busy drinking Stella  ;) ;D ;D Honest....

Stella??  Jesus what an awful beverage!  I like the style of the Aussies.  Fosters all the way!!

Don't tell my mother though,  I will get the cane :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #38: Jun 26, 2007 01:01:55 am
      Done my test at Norris Green, absolute nightmare to find if you're not from there. None of the locals even seemed to know where it was!

Failed three times there. Thanks for reminding me. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #39: Jun 26, 2007 01:05:46 am
      I got a new job as well, I start Monday, when do you start yours ??  ;) ;D

Well done to you, and to Nicola and I doubt Liverbird will be troubling any of you near Norris Green when he lives in the Channel Islands... do keep up ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jun 26, 2007 09:50:13 am
      Sorry did I answer, I started on Sunday hehe.

Only thing keeping me awake now is my hamster!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Jun 26, 2007 10:02:17 am
      Stella??  Jesus what an awful beverage!  I like the style of the Aussies.  Fosters all the way!!

Court, we don't drink it down here mate, it's crap....we just export it ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #42: Jun 26, 2007 09:55:30 pm

Don't tell my mother though,  I will get the cane :D

Court, Stella is an adult beverage, you will learn to appreciate it when you get a little older, I promise you !!  ;D ;D ;D

Even AussieRed doesnt like Fosters !  theyre giving it away  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #43: Jun 26, 2007 10:47:43 pm
      Well done to you, and to Nicola and I doubt Liverbird will be troubling any of you near Norris Green when he lives in the Channel Islands... do keep up ;)

:D Yeah, good point actually if that's the case....

By the way Nicola, good luck to your cousin. Hope he or she returns safely.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #44: Jun 27, 2007 06:22:10 pm
      :D Yeah, good point actually if that's the case....

By the way Nicola, good luck to your cousin. Hope he or she returns safely.

RedKenny, fancy a trip to Jersey then ??  ;D ;D ;D
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #45: Jun 27, 2007 07:55:53 pm
      someone special on my mind ;D!!!  :huggles:  ;D

Quick Reply