Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Royal Ascot

Read 2787 times
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Royal Ascot
      Jun 19, 2007 09:52:45 am
      Got a phone call a couple of minutes ago. From a guy I know who works in Lambourn (horseracing Town) anyways he rings me up, to tell me that there is a Horse running at Royal Ascot today that cant be beat. The horse is called Dark Angel and its running in the 5.30 today.....

Now I'm not naive enough to think that every tip wins.......but this fella was so confident........ I would never forgive myself if it won and I never shared this info, with my L.F.C. brethren. I go on holiday in a few weeks, so I'm gonna see if I can win enough to get the missus lypo suction before we go..........She's really fed up of getting harpooned every time we go the beach......

Remember gamble responsibly :angry-smiley-034:...........and if it loses this message was posted by J.D :giggle:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Royal Ascot
      Reply #1: Jun 19, 2007 12:45:22 pm
      I go on holiday in a few weeks, so I'm gonna see if I can win enough to get the missus lypo suction before we go..........She's really fed up of getting harpooned every time we go the beach......

Remember gamble responsibly :angry-smiley-034:...........and if it loses this message was posted by J.D :giggle:

:laughing-smiley-014:

Nice one for the tip mate  ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Jun 19, 2007 06:51:59 pm
      Thanks for passing the tip on mate, by the way has it finished yet? ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jun 19, 2007 07:05:05 pm
      Thanks for passing the tip on mate, by the way has it finished yet? ;D

It's still running isn't it Glenbuck mate? ;)

Oh well, that's three quid down the swans river...
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #4: Jun 19, 2007 07:13:15 pm
      I'll keep a look out next time I'm on Weston Beach.

I've got a tip to a horse called Dusty Carpet I'm told it will take some beating
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Jun 19, 2007 07:17:52 pm

Easy.  A tip's a tip.  I've had a few tips for the horses over the years and never backed them only to see them storm home.  Glad I hadn't read this thread before the race though.  Wouldn't have wanted to have missed out... but lucky I did ;)

He rings me up, to tell me that there is a Horse running at Royal Ascot today that cant be beat.

Apart from 10 of the other horses in the 20 horse field.
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2007 07:20:27 pm by JD »
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Jun 19, 2007 07:24:18 pm
      To be honest I never really back horses,well not since Shergar anyway!.. but I do quite well having the odd punt on the fixed odds footy coupon and thats about the extent of my betting. ;D
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2007 07:26:56 pm by Glenbuck »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2007 07:24:21 pm
      glad i`m a lazy sod and couldn't be arsed to drive to the bookies, if i had it would have been guaranteed to have lost. the only time I've had a winner was the national when they abandoned the race due to the false start :'(
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      Reply #8: Jun 19, 2007 08:04:53 pm
      To all those who backed this Donkey.....please except my humblest appologies, buy my intentions were most honourable.

I rang the guy who gave me the tip, just after the race, and he just gave me some mumbo jumbo about missing the break and wrong draw, and how sorry he was...........not half as sorry as Moby Dick here sitting opposite me......I can almost hear them whalers sharpening their Harpoons. :f_sorry:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jun 19, 2007 10:24:30 pm
      To all those who backed this Donkey.....please except my humblest appologies, buy my intentions were most honourable.

I rang the guy who gave me the tip, just after the race, and he just gave me some mumbo jumbo about missing the break and wrong draw, and how sorry he was...........not half as sorry as Moby Dick here sitting opposite me......I can almost hear them whalers sharpening their Harpoons. :f_sorry:

:D

Don't worry mate. Tips are not always winners! And you did say, "remember gamble responsibly".
       ;)
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      Reply #10: Jul 12, 2007 02:00:08 pm
      Ive just turned on the T.V. and noticed that the horse I gat the tip for at Royal Ascot is going again today at Newmarket. Its currently 33/1 and I,m going to have a few quid each way...........dont know if anyone else is interested?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jul 12, 2007 02:14:34 pm
      Ive just turned on the T.V. and noticed that the horse I gat the tip for at Royal Ascot is going again today at Newmarket. Its currently 33/1 and I,m going to have a few quid each way...........dont know if anyone else is interested?

Came in third mate.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2007 02:21:44 pm
      4th mate what a bummer so near to getting in the places,definitely seems to be improving though and on a positive note at least
      he finished on the same day as the others this time ;D

Seriously if you think on can you let us know when he goes again as he seems to be on the upgrade.

Where are you getting your results from Kenny mate?
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007 02:25:25 pm by Glenbuck »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2007 02:32:31 pm
      4th mate what a bummer so near to getting in the places,definitely seems to be improving though and on a positive note at least
      he finished on the same day as the others this time ;D

Seriously if you think on can you let us know when he goes again as he seems to be on the upgrade.

Where are you getting your results from Kenny mate?

The Sporting Life.com mate. But you're right, it was fourth - the page refreshed as soon as I posted third!  ::)

I was really hopeful for Messiah there today. I think we should be calling him a Dark Angel now with his tips! Or should that be Dark Horse.... ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2007 02:38:40 pm
      I think it's the only horse that has ever had the vet take a pot shot at it before it gets injured!!!!!
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      Reply #15: Aug 24, 2007 04:45:23 pm
      Cant believe it !!!

First time in weeks, that I havent looked at the Racing Pages, and the bugger goes and wins the first race at York yesterday.

What a tw*t!!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Aug 24, 2007 04:55:03 pm
      Cant believe it !!!

First time in weeks, that I havent looked at the Racing Pages, and the bugger goes and wins the first race at York yesterday.

What a tw*t!!!!

:D

Nevermind mate. You were right, but just over two months early... ;)
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      Reply #17: Oct 05, 2007 05:03:36 pm
      I didnt miss it today !!!!!

Had twenty quid on it earlier today and took 12/1

It actually won at 8/1.........but I won £240 so I'm a happy chappy.......Hope some of you backed it ;D ;D ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Oct 05, 2007 05:05:04 pm
      I love this thread!  ;D

Well done mate!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #19: Oct 05, 2007 05:10:50 pm
      Bugger i had already rung samaritans about this horse and the swine decides to romp in again!!

Seriously Messiah well done mate for sticking with it, you haven't got any tips for tomorrow have you? i was only joking about the vet shooting at it honest ;D

Quick Reply