Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What size kit would you want to buy?

Small
      (6.3%)
      Medium
      (29.2%)
      Large
      (36.1%)
      XL
      (16%)
      XXL
      (6.9%)
      XXXL
      (5.6%)

Our Club, Our Shirt campaign (Kitsters shirt)

Read 46009 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Kitster's Jersey To Go On Sale
      Reply #46: Jun 10, 2010 01:22:20 pm
      Definitely. Plus, no one actually knows how much it is now so adding an extra £2, for example, wouldn't change anyones perception?

Indeed mate, for the right cause they could stick a bluey on for me. Let the boycott stand, it shouldn't be too hard for a rake of LFC 'based' stuff to be made without any copyrights being infringed. Your Avvy CRK and some of Kitsters stuff is brilliant. Anyone who hasn't seen some of his stuff should have a scan through this topic:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=2062.575

and his page @ Deviantart:

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #47: Jun 10, 2010 01:33:38 pm
      Just noticed this one too:

Though I think the black corrupted jersey will raise alot more eyebrows ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Jun 10, 2010 01:35:32 pm
      Ooooohh. I might be a large so.....Time to get in shape
      LFCexiled
      Reply #49: Jun 10, 2010 01:38:45 pm
      Bloody hell! That was quick, i only suggested it 2 posts ago. :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jun 10, 2010 01:42:23 pm
      The money we're getting from Standard Chartered won't go on players, it'll go to the Yanks and servicing debt.

If they want to F**k off, then fine. It'll only up the ante on the cu*ts anyway.

This is what i meant by action. Not some shmoxy e-mail campaign. I love the idea.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: Jun 10, 2010 01:44:52 pm
      That t-shirt's great.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Jun 10, 2010 01:45:02 pm
      Thanks all. The Design is pretty much settled now - there may be some slight detail changes etc when the Manufacturer has be decided. But thats pretty much how it should look. there are a few people working on sorting the website, manufacturer, costings, etc at the moment - so it may be a few days till there is an order form ready, but I will keep you posted as and when we have info. judging reaction from everywhere, there should be a LOT of these around this season.  :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #53: Jun 10, 2010 01:46:58 pm
      It's a great option for those who were doubting whether or not they should boycott the official kit.

A big thumbs up.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #54: Jun 10, 2010 02:00:39 pm
      If it doesn't cost too much, I will surely buy it.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #55: Jun 10, 2010 02:02:12 pm
      This is genius.

Imagine a stadium filled with these t-shirts. Surely raise public awareness.

I wouldn't mind one.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2010 02:03:05 pm
      I havent a baldy about copyright infringement but i just remember reading about this in the paper not so long ago!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/28/mixed-up-grill-115875-22291381/

Would this not be the same sort of thing with standard chartered?

Feel free to abuse me if this is a load of old balls, as i said havent a clue about copyright ;D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #57: Jun 10, 2010 02:04:02 pm
      I am all over this! f***in' love it. I'll be getting a medium large.

I ordered mine a few days ago. Sorry folks. For some reason I thought it had already made the rounds in the forum. Otherwise, I'd have posted it.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #58: Jun 10, 2010 02:10:37 pm

Feel free to abuse me if this is a load of old balls, as I said havent a clue about copyright ;D

Wouldn't dream of it, you stupid b***ard higgy!  ;) :laugh:

I havent a baldy about copyright infringement but I just remember reading about this in the paper not so long ago!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/28/mixed-up-grill-115875-22291381/

Would this not be the same sort of thing with standard chartered?
      Seriously, though, while I know nothing of UK copyright laws I do know that in the states you are allowed to parody logos. Despite the law, and I understand that neither kitster needs legal trouble nor does SOS, etc. need negative publicity, but this is very much a fan-based, underground movement. If it was me on the organizational end of things, I'd say to hell with legality. One way or another these would make their way to the public. Besides, are they gonna take the shirt off your back if you're wearing it? Or, tell you they are banned? I think not.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,903 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Jun 10, 2010 02:12:44 pm
      Lovin the design, great work Kitster as usual.

Count me in for an X-Large but by the time I get it should be down to a Large. Working the body at the moment.  ;D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #60: Jun 10, 2010 02:13:27 pm
      I am all over this! F**kin' love it. I'll be getting a medium large.

I ordered mine a few days ago. Sorry folks. For some reason I thought it had already made the rounds in the forum. Otherwise, I'd have posted it.
      That's brilliant BR can you tell me where I can order from???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #61: Jun 10, 2010 02:14:12 pm

Count me in for an X-Large but by the time I get it should be down to a Large. Working the body at the moment.  ;D
      Order the large.
      Nothing like some patriotic motivation
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #62: Jun 10, 2010 02:17:32 pm

Count me in for an X-Large but by the time I get it should be down to a Large. Working the body at the moment.  ;D
      ;D! I'm trying to go from Large to Medium but I've said large anyway, I don't have enough faith in my willpower!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,903 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #63: Jun 10, 2010 02:19:17 pm
      ;D! I'm trying to go from Large to Medium but I've said large anyway, I don't have enough faith in my willpower!

What's willpower? I think I'm best getting the XL.  ;)
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #64: Jun 10, 2010 02:25:17 pm
      Wouldn't dream of it, you stupid b***ard higgy!  ;) :laugh:
      Seriously, though, while I know nothing of UK copyright laws I do know that in the states you are allowed to parody logos. Despite the law, and I understand that neither kitster needs legal trouble nor does SOS, etc. need negative publicity, but this is very much a fan-based, underground movement. If it was me on the organizational end of things, I'd say to hell with legality. One way or another these would make their way to the public. Besides, are they gonna take the shirt off your back if you're wearing it? Or, tell you they are banned? I think not.

:lmao: Cheeky sh*te  :tosser:  :laugh:

Was just thinking that maybe they could sue kitster, and the people producing the tops because of the similarity of the sponsor!

Cheers for clearing it up anyway lad!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #65: Jun 10, 2010 02:28:41 pm
      That's brilliant BR can you tell me where I can order from???

Yeah, it was a new experience for me, dado. Basically, you have to log into your Paypal account and send money to that jules_jools email address. Other than that, you have to give your size, name and address. I haven't gotten it yet...it is a bit soon..so I can't say much about the product.

Same. Generally, I'm good for it, but the damned beer keeps calling me back! :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #66: Jun 10, 2010 02:29:51 pm
      Kitster/Whooey are both right - we've taken advise on the kit and its design to try and avoid any infringement issues, but as I keep stressing we ARE close to the wire with it - there's a risk. The problem is that if we get rid of the risk, we lose the point, so its a risk we have to accept.
      Ive tried to mitigate the risk further by getting a bonded uk warehouse set up and dependant upon where the kits are coming from, I may be able to get the load consolidated on the back of some other shipments coming from the Far East - thats better from a shirt perspective, less good for me personally, but again I'll just have to weigh up the risks involved as we get to pushing the button on these shirts.

There are a couple of observations I'd like to make:

It would be great to see this shirt sell 5,000+, but despite the interest I'm not convinced we will, and without that sort of number we aren't going to register in a sea of whoppers wearing their brand spanking, fresh from the club shop official kits - we've got to be realistic. Unless we push this thing as hard as possible, its going to have limited effect. If we could get the numbers up then, great, it will help to bring prices down further - and thats got to be good news.

The Kop - if we can't realistically expect a boycott, they won't let us do mosaics, and we don't expect a sea of black shirts in there for the opening match of the season, then (much as I hate to say it) its got to be scarves for YNWA that'll get the most coverage.
      Ive suggested black MOURNING scarves - because that doesn't need any special effort and everyone can get access to them pretty damn cheaply (ie; no cost, no effort = no excuse).
      But, Kitsters working on some ideas and we could post those up in a while)

I know about all the Manc feedback and that, but do we really give a sh*t?
      Its those fuckers that are public enemy number one at the minute and we can get back and focus on old rivalries and the stuff on the park once we've got rid of the cancer in the club.
      The world watches the Kop and the world would get a right shock - ok, it doesn't make them go away, but it does attract attention and then it generates a public interest story. The story leads to the shirt and the boycott of official merchandise - that sort of sh*t starts to trouble sponsors and bankers alike.
      Now I know that there's a fair few that will say, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to official merchandise sold around the world and all that, but for all the typing and skyping that goes on and connects with Reds around the world, the publicity generated by black shirts and black (or whatever alternative design) scarves on the Kop and around the ground on the first home game of the season would be massive in comparison.
      None of this saves the day, but its visible and it generates interest - and any interest that highlights their mismanagement and keeps the pressure up is good news.

In the meantime, back to the shirts - just keep spreading the word.
      Website should be functional as soon as we've got the price sorted, but its going to be a couple of days yet.

Hope you dont mind me post from RAWK mods but its to give insight into the drive behind this
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #67: Jun 10, 2010 02:35:05 pm
      I'm getting one of those red ones.

Mine's a large one ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #68: Jun 10, 2010 02:37:47 pm
      Loving the black scarves idea. Sounds really interested. :)

Quick Reply