Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..

Read 22910 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Re: Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..
      Reply #138: Jun 11, 2010 11:14:20 am
      I've read it in the papers this morning as well.

To be fair - most journos are whoppers.  That's right - YOU journo's reading this right now. You're most probably a whopper (save for a couple of individuals).
      And a fair number of whoppers read the sh*te.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #139: Jun 11, 2010 11:54:19 am
      What?? Why can't we give our opinions on here without getting slaughtered! I personally don't rate Benitez as highly as ye! He won us the Champions league but besides that, his record was worse than Houllier's who got 100 times more stick than Benitez!

As for my Gerrard comments, I really don't see what was so bad about them! Even if we had Maradona at the age of 30, I would still say 25 million would be a good price for him! Gerrard is a symbol of Liverpool, yes! But we also have Carragher, Reina and El Nino to fly the flag for us! Taking off the red tinted glasses, I can see the sense from a financial point of view, as well as a playing point of view! Look at the great modern midfielders, Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira... Once they hit their 30s, they hit a complete spiral in their careers! Do you think Arsenal fans would have wanted to sell Vieira for so cheap back in the day? No, but Wenger knew best and it was time to cash in on him! We should study the Gerrard case and take example from his predecessors of great midfield men!
      Hey mate do us all a favour and F**k off, You very clearly dont have the passion or love for our club which most posters on this forum have, Rafa did'nt have to donate anything but he did because unlike you he obviuosly loves everything that is LFC, Yes he walked away with £6m but he also walked away from the club he believed was right for him including having to uproot his family, As you can see from other posters remarks he was and always will be held in very high esteem and is a true legend of this clubs history, It angers me that people like you and your attitude are associated with LFC, It's people like you that have robbed our club of probably one of the top 5 managers in world football, Ask youself a question dickhead, If Rafa was so bad why have the current champions of Europe just hired his services, Like i said earlier do us and yourself a favour and go support some glory hunting club because you and your like are certainly not welcome, Now F**k off, And be careful the door dont smack your arse on the way out, tw*t!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #140: Jun 11, 2010 11:59:02 am
      Is that right mate that his family are remaining here?

Yep, only Rafa is going to Italy, the kids and Montse are remaining here so his two girls can  stay in school with their friends etc.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #141: Jun 11, 2010 12:02:28 pm
      It is a pleasure to read all the posts thanking RAFA for what he has done for L.F.C.Would it be possible to send RAFA a thank you message at his new club from LFCREDS and its members.I originally thought about everyone sending RAFA an email like we did to the R.B.Scotland but thought this would be unfair to bombard him with a load of emails.This is only a suggestion and it would be interesting to get the thoughts of other posters.Cheers.
      I don't have his email address but maybe he would prefer a written letter anyway :

Mr Rafael Benitez
      F.C. Internazionale Milano head office 
      Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 9
      20122 Milan
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #142: Jun 11, 2010 01:01:40 pm
      Yep, only Rafa is going to Italy, the kids and Montse are remaining here so his two girls can  stay in school with their friends etc.

Fantastic news,even more hope of rafa reclaiming his throne at anfield.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #143: Jun 11, 2010 01:07:37 pm
      You F***ing moron. Did David Moores or Rick Perry ( local lads ) make any donation when they left?  96k is still lot of money plus he received far less than the 6 millions payoff. 

I totally agree with you on this one. He did however receive £6m, was ment to be £16m but that didn't happen. I agree with you though, F***ing moron for such a negative comment about such a nice gesture.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #144: Jun 11, 2010 01:34:09 pm
      What makes this even more touching is the fact its not 100 thousand or 50 thousand its 96. 96 thousand a thousand for each red lost that day. He didnt pick a random sum he picked 96.

Respect always to this man
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #145: Jun 11, 2010 01:41:06 pm
      What makes this even more touching is the fact its not 100 thousand or 50 thousand its 96. 96 thousand a thousand for each red lost that day. He didnt pick a random sum he picked 96.

Respect always to this man
      To right Brian, well said.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #146: Jun 11, 2010 01:45:20 pm
      Yep, only Rafa is going to Italy, the kids and Montse are remaining here so his two girls can  stay in school with their friends etc.
      More proof if we needed any of the mans credibility and his total faith in Liverpool and its culture.
      Rafa just being Rafa and doing what he does increases our anger and disbelief that he has been sh*t on by those cu*ts we have as owners.
      What goes around comes around and the sooner H&G get what they deserve the better.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #147: Jun 11, 2010 01:51:47 pm
      When i heard this, in was close to tears. The man is a legend. He knows about the club more than anyone and this is a very touching tribute. YNWA Rafa
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #148: Jun 11, 2010 02:25:25 pm
      What a man. I still don't believe he's gone.

For those of you trying to get a message to him, I have created this site to collect these messages and send through to him:

http://www.rafalegend.com

Maybe we should aim for 96 comments and then close it and send it? We're at 71 now that I have deleted a few nasty comments from Scummers.

Dave
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #149: Jun 11, 2010 02:54:27 pm
      72  ;)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #150: Jun 11, 2010 02:59:47 pm
      One Last time LFC was graced by his Presence.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #151: Jun 11, 2010 04:38:52 pm
      Well if you're goin to send this to Rafa OUR Gaffer then can he accept my offer of the official post of :

Manager of Liverpool FC - AKA 'Gaffer of the Rafalution'.
      Post commences: 1 month prior to commencement of 2012/13 Premier League Season.
      Salary - Name it.
      Job - Same as before minus outside interference.

Until commencement of post please feel free to NEVER WALK ALONE.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #152: Jun 11, 2010 05:23:39 pm
      Thank you Rafa.YNWA!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #153: Jun 11, 2010 09:02:04 pm
      Hope he is a success at Inter hope he comes out eventually and tells us exactly what he thinks of the two pricks who own our club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #154: Jun 11, 2010 11:07:29 pm
      Nice one, not many would do something like that, well in Rafa, and good luck
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #155: Jun 11, 2010 11:54:04 pm
      no wonder his family are sticking around the area still
      I've heard the same thing.

In fact from what I've heard Rafa stipulated it was only a 2 year deal.  One of his daughters is actually a proper scouser now.  She'd probably struggle in Spain.

The Benit(lez) will always be a part of Liverpool life.

I sincerely hope he has a future role at the club.  Without the American owners he would have won us the league. Of that I am convinced.  When they started secretly briefing the press against him it was a disgrace to the club we all support.

It's going to be nice to see him smiling again next year.

I hope it isn't long before we are all as well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #156: Jun 12, 2010 12:08:48 am
      I've heard the same thing.

In fact from what I've heard Rafa stipulated it was only a 2 year deal.  One of his daughters is actually a proper scouser now.  She'd probably struggle in Spain.

The Benit(lez) will always be a part of Liverpool life.

I sincerely hope he has a future role at the club.  Without the American owners he would have won us the league. Of that I am convinced.  When they started secretly briefing the press against him it was a disgrace to the club we all support.

It's going to be nice to see him smiling again next year.

I hope it isn't long before we are all as well.

I dont doubt that one day in the not too long future rafa will be back at the club helping us win trophies.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #157: Jun 12, 2010 01:01:27 am
      Disappointed that Rafa extracted 6 million from the club even though he had another big paying job to go to.  

Full credit to him for donating 96,000 of it to a truly worthy cause.

Why would you be disappointed when you're the worst blag red going? We only keep you around here to buzz off you.  ;)

On a serious note, to try wind people up in this thread was in serious bad taste....
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #158: Jun 12, 2010 01:17:43 am
      yes a nice act of kindness by rafa comes from the heart. feel that he had to put up with to many negatives. if the ownership issues were positive might still be around
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #159: Jun 12, 2010 01:31:37 am
      Top gesture from an absolute gent, as a lot of people have said would love to see him back someday when our two absentee landlords have finally fcuked off into the sunset and we have fit and proper owners.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #160: Jun 12, 2010 01:58:25 am
      Why would you be disappointed when you're the worst blag red going? We only keep you around here to buzz off you.  ;)

On a serious note, to try wind people up in this thread was in serious bad taste....
      Kenny this sort of sh*te is below contempt.He was due far more than his £6M payoff,and the fact that he decided to support the Justice For The 96 campaign,tells me a lot about the quality of the man.Time to bin all negative gobshites,we are at war,we needto focus on the main issue.All those bitter Rafa blamers,now have no target,so get behind the real campaign or f*ck off,we really don't need you at this time,and I don't care if your'e family have lived on the streets outside the Shankly gates for severel generations,that gives you no rights to criticise more than any other LFC fan.In fact show some b*llocks and take to the streets, like those of us who have to travel hundreds of miles to take part.And if you are not from the Liverpool area,at least research our history,to understand our mentality to our adversity.Our current situation,is the worst in our history(without Hillsborough&Hysel),and will never match those depressing times.We currently have no management or owners to trust,so it's down to the supporters.

Quick Reply