Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..

Read 22824 times
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Re: Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..
      Reply #161: Jun 12, 2010 08:02:21 am
      Rafa is the Liverpool Way. 

This man is a class act and legend.  Yet he never brought us the prem, he was a true RED.  He is the modern day Shankly.  There is no doubt in my mind on that.  If it wasnt for these Yank Tw*ts, rafa would have lifted that trophy atleast 5 times here.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #162: Jun 12, 2010 08:04:48 am
      Rafa is the Liverpool Way. 

This man is a class act and legend.  Yet he never brought us the prem, he was a true RED.  He is the modern day Shankly.  There is no doubt in my mind on that.  If it wasnt for these Yank Tw*ts, rafa would have lifted that trophy atleast 5 times here.

Welcome to the forum. And a class name by the way (he's a F***ing legend!).

Entirely agree.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #163: Jun 12, 2010 08:13:34 am
      Thanks, ive been reading this forum for awhile.  Just for some odd reason didnt register.  Last time i tried said it was unavailable.   
      rezared
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #164: Jun 12, 2010 08:59:02 am
      Good luck rafa hope to see u back in the near future.ynwa
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #165: Jun 12, 2010 11:02:30 am
      With all the F***ing money Hicks and Gillette have made off the club why haven't they donated money to the Hillsborough or do you think when they eventually sell the club for a ridiculous fee do you think they will give money to the Hillsborough fund.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #166: Jun 12, 2010 03:33:11 pm
      Not a sausage
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #167: Jun 12, 2010 03:49:35 pm
      Thankyou Rafa, wonderful gesture. You're a true Gent & Legend for perservering under such trying circumstances, all the best at Inter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,967 posts | 3944 
      Reply #168: Jun 12, 2010 04:34:45 pm
      With all the F***ing money Hicks and Gillette have made off the club why haven't they donated money to the Hillsborough or do you think when they eventually sell the club for a ridiculous fee do you think they will give money to the Hillsborough fund.
      Ya know what mate the thought of those cu*ts contributing to the Hillsborough fund never entered my head,  but charity and compassion are complete strangers to H&G. It would be an insult to the memory of the 96 if they associated themselves in any manner with Hillsborough.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #169: Jun 12, 2010 07:37:27 pm
      This was posted on Newkit a short time ago. Thought it was worth copying here.

' Former LFC manager Rafa Benitez donates “significant” amount to Liverpool’s Lily Centre

THE co-founder of Liverpool’s Lily Centre today admitted she was “overwhelmed” after receiving a “significant” donation from Rafa Benitez.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who on Thursday gave ÂŁ96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, yesterday helped another charity he holds close to his heart.

Though co-founder Peggy O’Brien would not disclose the amount on the cheque Benitez wrote, she revealed it would go a long way to helping the day-to-day running of The Lily Centre – a breast cancer support group – for a considerable time.

Mrs O’Brien said: “It was an absolutely fantastic gesture and we are all over the moon – it was completely overwhelming.

“We have known Rafa and [his wife] Montse for a long time but we did not expect this at all. You just do not expect people to give you money like that.

“Rafa and Montse have been good to us in the past and they did things that people would not know about, such as when he gave us Fernando Torres’ first Liverpool shirt for a raffle, which raised £4,900.

“But this just came completely out of the blue. We know they are moving on because Rafa has changed jobs, but we will keep in contact with them.” '

Another wonderful gesture from the Benitez's.
      They will be sorely missed not just by LFC but by the city as well . They have been fantastic in their support of this city.
      Truly hope we will see him back at LFC one day.
      God Bless you both.
       :f_brokenheart:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #170: Jun 12, 2010 08:28:49 pm
      Rafa you keep breaking our hearts.
      redruths
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #171: Jun 13, 2010 12:04:57 am
      The man understood Liverpool, he probably could have been one of our greatest ever managers but for Bill and Ted doing everything they could to break his spirit,goog luck Rafa,except when we meet Inter in the champions league(whenever the f*ck that might be)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #172: Jun 13, 2010 12:28:12 am
      Another wonderful gesture from Rafa. My hearts broken as well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #173: Jun 13, 2010 12:38:24 am
      One of the many reasons why i find rafa insatiable.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #174: Jun 13, 2010 09:31:56 am
      This was posted on Newkit a short time ago. Thought it was worth copying here.

' Former LFC manager Rafa Benitez donates “significant” amount to Liverpool’s Lily Centre

THE co-founder of Liverpool’s Lily Centre today admitted she was “overwhelmed” after receiving a “significant” donation from Rafa Benitez.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who on Thursday gave ÂŁ96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, yesterday helped another charity he holds close to his heart.

Though co-founder Peggy O’Brien would not disclose the amount on the cheque Benitez wrote, she revealed it would go a long way to helping the day-to-day running of The Lily Centre – a breast cancer support group – for a considerable time.

Mrs O’Brien said: “It was an absolutely fantastic gesture and we are all over the moon – it was completely overwhelming.

“We have known Rafa and [his wife] Montse for a long time but we did not expect this at all. You just do not expect people to give you money like that.

“Rafa and Montse have been good to us in the past and they did things that people would not know about, such as when he gave us Fernando Torres’ first Liverpool shirt for a raffle, which raised £4,900.

“But this just came completely out of the blue. We know they are moving on because Rafa has changed jobs, but we will keep in contact with them.” '

Another wonderful gesture from the Benitez's.
      They will be sorely missed not just by LFC but by the city as well . They have been fantastic in their support of this city.
      Truly hope we will see him back at LFC one day.
      God Bless you both.
       :f_brokenheart:

Brings a tear to my eyes to think we've lost such a wonderful man.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #175: Jun 13, 2010 11:42:22 am
      I'm missing you already Rafa.  True gentleman.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #176: Jun 13, 2010 04:20:41 pm
      Rafa has shown great kindness, a lovely gesture from a true legand
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #177: Jun 13, 2010 08:28:12 pm
      What a lovely thing to do before he goes.

I wish him the best of luck- most of us stuck by him until the end!

Makes me more angry at the 2 clowns- they havent given any money- i doubt they even know about Hillsborough!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #178: Jun 14, 2010 12:30:47 pm
      Well, I have to admit when the odd person started popping up saying they thought Rafa might return later on down the line, I admit I was taking those comments with a pinch of salt. It seemed more like desperate hoping because of the situation we're in right now.

I was aware how involved he was with the community, and whilst these generous gestures could be seen as a final farewell on his part, the fact that members of his family are staying in the city would be a huge pull for him.

It always made me laugh how certain Rafa-bashers (the brainless dickheads, not talking about people with a proper critical argument here) continually repeated how Rafa was just using media spin on the fans to keep in their good books. I'm happy to say that what I knew was bullshit has been proven by the man himself time and again, and even now after his departure.

"Top bloke" sums it up well. A passionate man with a love of Liverpool, both club and city, and the traditions that go with them. A genuine Red, one of us, and I think that for the most part many of us felt a special bond with him, more than just as a manager.

I would welcome him back with open arms one day, and certainly wish him every success with Inter Milan, except in the unlikely event we play them in the near future.

Rafael Benitez, You'll Never Walk Alone.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #179: Jun 14, 2010 03:51:39 pm
      He done it again, from the echo

Former Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez makes 'significant' donation to Liverpool’s Lily Centre

THE co-founder of Liverpool’s Lily Centre admitted she was “overwhelmed” after receiving a “significant” donation from Rafael Benitez.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who on Thursday gave ÂŁ96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, helped another charity he holds close to his heart.

Though co-founder Peggy O’Brien would not disclose the amount on the cheque from Benitez, she revealed it would go a long way to helping the day-to-day running of The Lily Centre – a breast cancer support group – for a considerable time.

Mrs O’Brien said: “It was an absolutely fantastic gesture and we are all over the moon – it was completely overwhelming. We have known Rafa and [his wife] Montse for a long time but we did not expect this at all. You just do not expect people to give you money like that.

“Rafa and Montse have been good to us in the past and they did things that people would not know about, such as when he gave us Fernando Torres’ first Liverpool shirt for a raffle, which raised £4,900. But this just came completely out of the blue.”

Mrs O’Brien and Winnie Keating set up the Lily Centre in Silvester Street, Kirkdale, 11 years ago
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #180: Jun 14, 2010 07:42:17 pm
      RAFA is a complete legend, he was a legend before, but he has shown how much Liverpool meant to him.  i hope all those who where against him have a long good look at themselves in the mirror.

At least something good came out of this disasterous few weeks.

jacqqq
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #181: Jun 14, 2010 07:55:36 pm
      Brings a tear to my eye ... I've said it to many folks before his departure from the Club - I believe in Rafa, I truly believe he's a genuine guy ... Buena suerte, Rafa ... You will not be forgotten ...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #182: Jun 14, 2010 09:44:00 pm
      Well, I have to admit when the odd person started popping up saying they thought Rafa might return later on down the line, I admit I was taking those comments with a pinch of salt. It seemed more like desperate hoping because of the situation we're in right now.

I was aware how involved he was with the community, and whilst these generous gestures could be seen as a final farewell on his part, the fact that members of his family are staying in the city would be a huge pull for him.

Rafael Benitez, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Just a quick note on that, funny how Rafa has signed for two years and one of our owners has said it may take 2 years to sell us. I for one would gladly see our value drop that low that that 'owner' ends up sucking my cock for a flight home and as he's doing it Rafa walks back through the hallowed gates of Anfield.

I'm not gay by the way  :)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #183: Jun 14, 2010 10:05:47 pm
      This talk of Rafa coming back may not be so far fetched as it sounds we all know Rafa didn't finish what he started and somtimes circumstances have a way of making things happen, it could happen like this, our new guy isn't taking us anywhere and the new owners here are massive fans of Rafa who just happens to be having a tough time at Inter and hey presto he's back. mind you the odds of that happening are not that good and it has very little chance of coming about but we can dream can't we.

Quick Reply