Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..

Read 22960 times
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Re: Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..
      Reply #184: Jun 14, 2010 10:43:01 pm
      We're stuck on 75 boys and girls. Anyone want to help out and get us up to 96 comments so that we can get this thing off to Rafa?

http://www.rafalegend.com/?p=1#comments

Cheers!

Dave
      LFCexiled
      Reply #185: Jun 14, 2010 10:49:03 pm
      This talk of Rafa coming back may not be so far fetched as it sounds we all know Rafa didn't finish what he started and somtimes circumstances have a way of making things happen, it could happen like this, our new guy isn't taking us anywhere and the new owners here are massive fans of Rafa who just happens to be having a tough time at Inter and hey presto he's back. mind you the odds of that happening are not that good and it has very little chance of coming about but we can dream can't we.

Can't we just. The man and his family will always be Scousers and welcome as such.
      soubriquet
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #186: Jun 15, 2010 04:05:55 pm
      top bloke indeed
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #187: Jun 18, 2010 11:44:05 am
      Regarding Rafa at Inter, Has his salary been mentioned ?, if its only a 2yr contract it won't be a substantial amount I would think, my reason for asking is along with a lot of others on here I too would love to see him back where he belongs, after all it wasn't the fans who wanted him gone.

If the ownership issue is resolved quickly then any prespective owners could clearly see how highly he his respected here and the cost of him being re-instated (paying inter off in the process) surely can't be too high in comparison with the overall purchase of the club !
      Lee_HTFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #188: Jun 18, 2010 11:46:21 pm
      Rafa Benitez, a true gentleman.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,687 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Rafa Benitez and wife Montse offer parting gift to Hoylake Cottage
      Reply #189: Jun 25, 2010 09:19:07 am
      Rafa Benitez and wife Montse offer parting gift to Hoylake Cottage

AS THEY prepare to leave for Italy former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and his wife Montse have offered a final donation to the Merseyside care home they have supported since arriving in the city.

The couple left a “generous” but unspecified amount to the Hoylake Cottage Day Care Appeal. It is a parting gift from the couple as Montse gives up her voluntary role of chair of Hoylake Cottage’s social events committee.

She has helped to galvanise support for a £1.5m appeal for a new day care centre for older people.

Now, Montse is house hunting and checking out schools in Milan, as Rafael prepares to take up his new job in charge at Inter Milan FC.

Montse Benitez said: “I was very close to my granny who had dementia for 10 years until she died.

“She had a nurse at home, but not everyone is so lucky which is why I wanted to help Hoylake Cottage.

“I will keep in touch with all the progress and hopefully once the new centre is built, I will come back to join in the celebrations.”

Hoylake Cottage Chair of Trustees Tony Twemlow said: “The gift from Montse and Rafa is extremely generous and we are all more grateful than we can say for their tremendous kindness.

“Their donation will go a long way to helping us to build a centre which will provide relief to older people and those who care for them at home.

“Also, I would like to say a huge thank you to Montse for her support over the years; she has been a fabulous ambassador for Hoylake Cottage and has helped us to gain much-needed support for our events and campaigns.

“I wish her and Rafa lots of success in their new life in Italy.”

Work will start later this year on the first phase of the centre demolishing part of the old building to build a new kitchen and laundry.
      http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/06/25/rafa-benitez-and-wife-montse-offer-parting-gift-to-hoylake-cottage-92534-26722363/

Benitez's family is very generous & they love our city. Hope to settle down nicely in Milan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Rafa Benitez and wife Montse offer parting gift to Hoylake Cottage
      Reply #190: Jun 25, 2010 09:23:01 am
      The kindness and genuine decency of the Benitez's knows no bounds
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Rafa's gift to Rhys Jones appeal
      Reply #191: Jun 25, 2010 09:31:12 am
      Rafa Benitez and his wife Montse have donated a large but unspecified monetary gift to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund according to reports this morning , the fund was set up in the aftermath of the tragic death of the youngster from Croxteth and is being used to build a youth centre for local kids in the area, it just goes to show how much this man and his family took Liverpool as a city to their hearts , we thank you Rafa and wish you all the best for the your new adventure .
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Re: Rafa's gift to Rhys Jones appeal
      Reply #192: Jun 25, 2010 09:47:27 am
      A true legend...
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Re: Rafa Benitez and wife Montse offer parting gift to Hoylake Cottage
      Reply #193: Jun 25, 2010 09:50:33 am
      Since Rafa left its emerged that both he and his wife have donated to generous sums of money to various Liverpool causes, if anyone ever doubted his feelings towards LFC and its fans, they really should hang their heads in shame. The man is and always will be a true anfield legend. YNWA Rafa
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #194: Jun 25, 2010 01:11:05 pm
      Liverpool FC's former manager Rafael Benitez has donated an undisclosed amount to the Rhys Jones Memorial Fund.

His cash injection will help build the new community centre in memory of the 11-year-old who was shot dead in Croxteth in 2007.

The new Inter Milan boss arranged for a cheque to be delivered to the Jones family on Thursday.

Mr Benitez said: "In all my time at Liverpool this is one of the stories that affected me most."

Rhys Jones was gunned down while walking home from football training through the Croxteth Park Estate.

His killer Sean Mercer was convicted two years later after a lengthy police investigation and scores of arrests of gang members across Liverpool.

Mr Benitez added: "I am doing this on behalf of the people that cannot. I know that every person on Merseyside would have loved to give the fund a donation but they are in hard times and can't find the extra cash.

'So dignified'

"To think that this lovely little boy was taken from his family in such awful circumstances is heart-breaking.

"I still remember his mother, father and brother Melanie, Stephen and Owen coming to the match not long after Rhys died and how they were so dignified, it is something I will remember for a long time.

"I hope this money goes towards making this community centre happen for all of those people who are working so hard for it."

The £1.5m development is just yards from where Rhys honed his football skills and will include a purpose-built sports facility when it is finished.

The 11-year-old was shot as he walked home from football practice Melanie Jones, Rhys' mother, said: "I'm lost for words really. This is so kind of Rafa and his family and we are once again overwhelmed by the generosity.

"He didn't have to do this and we have let him know just what a difference it will make to this project.

"Something good will come out of our tragedy if we manage to keep Rhys' story in the hearts and minds of everyone."

Rhys' father Stephen added: "It's an amazing gesture, and as Melanie says the football clubs together with the players and managers have been a great help ever since we lost Rhys.

"We will put the money to great use and continue to try and sing the praises of sport over joining gangs or getting involved in crime. It's really given the family an amazing boost this."

Mr Benitez made a £96,000 donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group only a few weeks ago and has also donated money to the Lily Centre - a Liverpool based charity that offers support to women with breast cancer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/10409916.stm

That 3 million Rafa got for leaving looks like its been distributed.....

Wheres all the sh*t houses that were slamming Rafa for taking it ?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #195: Jun 25, 2010 01:16:37 pm
      Top bloke!!!

:gt-happyup:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #196: Jun 25, 2010 01:28:24 pm
      What have we lost? Why did we lose it?
      In spite of the F***ing vermin crapping all over him his heart's where we know it is...irwt.
      Thanks for posting Darryl, uplifting read.

On a darker note and I'm sorry about mentioning those tw*ts in the same post, I can imagine Hicks saying to bollocks " goddam we were right giving him the bullet he's F***ing crazy giving his own money away to charities - say bollocks what the hell is a charity"?
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 01:53:59 pm by stuey »
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #197: Jun 25, 2010 03:58:52 pm
      Just a pure gentleman. He loved the Liverpool and everyone in it, we touched his heart as he touched ours. You'll always be welcome back with open arm's. In Rafa We Trust!!!!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #198: Jun 25, 2010 04:36:10 pm
      The Generosity of this Man is Second to none. To all those who "HOUNDED" him out of the Club, I hope you feel ashamed of yourselves.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #199: Jun 25, 2010 04:58:52 pm

Shows what a MAN and his family we have lost , or better they(the c*nts) have deprived LIVERPOOL FC of

what a family, 
           YNWA

priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #200: Jun 25, 2010 05:05:40 pm
      Absolute Legend

YNWA Rafa
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #201: Jun 25, 2010 07:55:26 pm
      I hope he comes back in two years when his contract at Inter runs out. He has unfinished business here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #202: Jun 25, 2010 08:03:48 pm
      I love him.

YNWA
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #203: Jun 26, 2010 01:03:38 am
      Makes me feel literally sick when I think about how he was treated and spoken about by some 'fans'.

The man is unbelievable. He does one great thing and follows it up with another time after time.

I'm glad he wants to keep his house in Liverpool - welcomed back any time with open arms I'd imagine.

The bond we and Rafa have is priceless. I feel privileged to have experienced the man take charge of our football team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #204: Jun 26, 2010 11:31:23 am
      Is correct Ross mate and it was the way he was despatched that will help him attain the legend status faster. I knowhe is that already in some people's eyes.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #205: Jun 26, 2010 11:59:32 am
      I hope he comes back in two years when his contract at Inter runs out. He has unfinished business here.
      Definitely has unfinished business here, yanks out now and hurry up back. True gentleman, and definitely a legend, he loves the club, the city and the people of Liverpool.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #206: Jun 26, 2010 03:04:49 pm
      Anyone read about Rafa's latest gesture? according to the Daily Mirror, Rafa has made a substantial donation to the Rhys Jones fund ,the little boy who got killed, supposed to be a five figure sum too ! what a bloke ! i am so sad he is no longer at Anfield ,i for one will follow Rafa's career and hope he does really well ...again Rafa many thanks to you and your family YNWA

Quick Reply