Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..

Read 23428 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Rafa Benitez - Top Bloke..
      Reply #92: Jun 10, 2010 09:52:12 pm
      Tell you to see some of the people that slated Rafa with out giving consideration to what was going on behind the scenes makes me sick to the stomach, they got their wish and the great man was ousted, but he's shown himself to be a loyal servant to Liverpool as this gesture and so many things he's done in the past goes to prove. The Rafa out brigade should be ashamed of themselves as they have effectively handed the club over to the terrible foursome, with no one left to fight our corner.
      I agree 100% with what you say,history will prove that RAFA goes down as one of our top managers.He deserves every credit going for having the guts to stand up to the bullying and backstabbing that went on at L.F.C.Thank you RAFA for being a gentleman and most of all a GOOD TRUE RED.Whatever you do you will NEVER WALK ALONE.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #93: Jun 10, 2010 09:57:11 pm
      That one dedicated man and legend is leaving Merseyside. I can't believe it. What a man. Thank's so much Rafa! He'll get all the success he deserves
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #94: Jun 10, 2010 09:57:35 pm
      Tell you to see some of the people that slated Rafa with out giving consideration to what was going on behind the scenes makes me sick to the stomach, they got their wish and the great man was ousted, but he's shown himself to be a loyal servant to Liverpool as this gesture and so many things he's done in the past goes to prove. The Rafa out brigade should be ashamed of themselves as they have effectively handed the club over to the terrible foursome, with no one left to fight our corner.

Well said Blood.

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #95: Jun 10, 2010 09:58:33 pm
      Just shows what A good person he is , treated like sh*te by our lovely owners who were not fit to lick his shoes , treated unfairly by the tabloid press and the media as a whole , bas**rds every last one of them ,YNWA Rafa & Montse
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #96: Jun 10, 2010 10:10:04 pm
      When I thought I couldn't get more pissed off at the situation Rafa goes and does this as a parting gesture. It gave me a horrible feeling in my stomach that someone so decent has been treated so bad.  Liverpool was never about the money for Rafa. It was his home for many years and we were his family.
      You'll be sorely missed boss!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #97: Jun 10, 2010 10:11:15 pm
      I really don't see what all the fuss is about... He got what 6 million from his pay out! 96,000 is absolutely F**k all to him!
      Fucks sake get a life.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #98: Jun 10, 2010 10:13:45 pm
      A great man, A great manager, A great RED
       YNWA

Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #99: Jun 10, 2010 10:23:21 pm
      An amazing gesture from an amazing man. We will regret he's gone there's no doubt about it.

YNWA Rafa
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #100: Jun 10, 2010 10:38:51 pm
      Typical of the man, always a red to me. Thanks Rafa, hope you return soon when our club is in a better state. YNWA. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #101: Jun 10, 2010 10:47:37 pm
      You don't know what you've got until its gone!!!

Top man Rafa, YNWA.

PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #102: Jun 10, 2010 11:07:44 pm
      I don't blame anybody who wanted Rafa to go and likewise those who adored him. Probably a younger generation adored the man who brought us the European Cup but cannot remember Shanks and Bob etc. That does not mean that anybody is right or wrong. What it means is that everybody wants LFC to be successful. A new season starts soon and we must be ready. Rafa will always be welcome in our city and rightly so. He has cemented that respect with his gesture. Good and honourable man. Now lets start the next chapter and carry on as the top club in the world.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #103: Jun 10, 2010 11:07:51 pm
      A lovely touch, hopefully we will play Inter Milan in the champions league soon, and meet again in better circumstances, with the cowboys having long since being chased out of town. Best of luck for next seasons CL in the meantime though
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #104: Jun 10, 2010 11:10:45 pm
      What a legend, the true mark of the man..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #105: Jun 10, 2010 11:12:10 pm
      You don't know what you've got until its gone!!!

Top man Rafa, YNWA.

Similar mate....You don't miss your water till your well runs dry (Otis Redding)
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #106: Jun 10, 2010 11:18:55 pm
      Form is temporary Class is permanent,I wish he was allowed to regain his form because he has never lost his Class.

Thank you Rafa Y.N.W.A
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #107: Jun 10, 2010 11:20:27 pm
      I don't blame anybody who wanted Rafa to go and likewise those who adored him. Probably a younger generation adored the man who brought us the European Cup but cannot remember Shanks and Bob etc. That does not mean that anybody is right or wrong. What it means is that everybody wants LFC to be successful. A new season starts soon and we must be ready. Rafa will always be welcome in our city and rightly so. He has cemented that respect with his gesture. Good and honourable man.

Entirely echo your thoughts.
      Rafa05
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #108: Jun 10, 2010 11:21:32 pm
      03/06/2010  

Rafa Benitez agrees £6 million severance package

Liverpool have announced manager Rafael Benitez has left the club by mutual consent after agreeing a £6 million severance package with half to be paid immediately and the remainder to follow.

Benitez, who was one year into a five-year contract, finalised his departure after agreeing the payment, and said he was "extremely sad" to be leaving the club. Rafa was entitled to 16 million pounds in compensation for leaving early, having signed a a new deal only in March of last year, however, given the circumstances at the the club, a compromise agreement was reached.

"I`ll always keep in my heart the good times I`ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool," he told the club website.

"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You`ll never walk alone."

This is from the 3rd of June, hope it acts as a reminder for those who know nothing about the man and what Liverpool FC means to him, we see managers who F**k up clubs still hold to the last penny the club suppose to pay them..BUT NOT RAFA..

We will miss you boss..and I know you will be singing you will never walk alone with us, just make sure they don't hear you in Milan.

Missing you allready BOSS..
      I really don't see what all the fuss is about... He got what 6 million from his pay out! 96,000 is absolutely f**k all to him!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #109: Jun 10, 2010 11:26:31 pm
      Pretty much what everyone else said, <3 the guy and hope he'll come back one day :)

The two year contract at Inter is refreshing, here's hoping.

Thanks AGAIN Rafa, tu nunca caminarĂ¡s solo.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #110: Jun 11, 2010 12:25:03 am
      please come back to us after you complete your contract at inter...

what a man he is
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #111: Jun 11, 2010 12:29:40 am
      That gesture puts alot of the so called legends at our club to shame.

Immense.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #112: Jun 11, 2010 12:31:59 am
      Top top top bloke!

There's nothing more silly than someone who thinks that they are the discerning supporter and fails to recognise what Rafa has done for this club. I know people who started supporting Liverpool only through Rafa's miracles. Barnes said it, he had no right to be that success with the team he had. Rafa a great man and this donation is a modicum of his loyalty and his pledge to a club he became a native of.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #113: Jun 11, 2010 01:00:28 am
      Top bloke Rafa. I don't know if it would ever happen but, I, like a lot of people here, would absolutely be over the moon if, under better circumstances, he came back.

Hopefully when the time is right, he will be of mind that he has unfinished business at Anfield and I for one will welcome him with open arms. He more than deserves a second chance with better backing than the current crew of c*nts that are systematically destroying our beloved LFC.

A true gent without question.

All the best at Inter and a big thank you from every red in the world. YNWA
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #114: Jun 11, 2010 01:05:59 am
      I just welled up

Wish you all the best Rafa you truly are a Red

Quick Reply