Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fowler Testimonial

Read 2384 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Fowler Testimonial
      Jun 19, 2007 08:52:03 pm
      Why has this not happened?

I know Robbie left (more forced out by Gerard) but the lad spent most of his life at Liverpool Football Club from an early age.

I feel fairly confident the least he deserved was a testimonial (not so much for the money - in any case players tend to give their testimonial earnings nowadays to Charity) but he has been a great servant for the club.

I know Ian Rush left for a season - maybe someone could enlighten me as to if he had one?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Fowler Testimonial
      Reply #1: Jun 20, 2007 06:19:51 pm
      87 people view a thread and nobody cares about Robbie Fowler.

Some Johnny come lately supporters methinks.

Anyway KK, I think he probably does deserve a testimonial.  I suppose the last Premiership game of the season was almost that...

To be honest though - I don't think Robbie's association with Liverpool FC is quite over yet.  I can see him having some role at the club maybe when he hangs up his size 9's.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Jun 20, 2007 06:48:04 pm
      I would say he will get a testimonial perhaps when he hangs his boots up.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jun 20, 2007 07:00:10 pm
      Agreed Jabba, I can definitley see him back at the club at a later date! For the same reason Rafa brought him back from City; he has a good effect on the dressing room and players coming through, so to see him in a coaching role would be brilliant!

A testimonial must surely be on the cards though, eventually?
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 20, 2007 07:04:39 pm
      I think he deserves a testimonial the love he has for Liverpool and the supporters is unquestionable and he will always be a god.
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2007 07:28:37 pm
      he defiantly deserves a testimonial he a legend

Wat's happening with carras testimonial he was offered one months ago
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2007 07:32:23 pm
      Give him a testimonial. A game, where he plays 90 minutes, and maybe we could rustle up a few of the the old players he used to play with, like Mcmanaman, so he could be sent off in style. Give him striker coach role to.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2007 07:34:01 pm
      Wat's happening with carras testimonial he was offered one months ago

I'd imagine he's put it off, as they're usually at the end of someones career! Carra's is at it's peak! Not that I've heard of anything like!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2007 09:13:22 pm

I know Ian Rush left for a season - maybe someone could enlighten me as to if he had one?

I don't remember Rushie having a testimonial, I could be wrong I just don't remember the game. I went to testimonials for Brucie, Dalglish and Ronnie Moran. It shouldn't mater that he left for a few years, its not about raising money for the players now, like has already been said. Its just a great opportunity to say thanks and raise a lot of money for a local Charity (and a piss up!! ;)). All round great idea!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2007 09:20:31 pm

Rushie signed for the reds in 1980 - left in 1987, back in 1988 and left the reds in 1996.  He had a testimonial game against Celtic just before he left.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2007 11:51:43 pm
      Rushie signed for the reds in 1980 - left in 1987, back in 1988 and left the reds in 1996.  He had a testimonial game against Celtic just before he left.

I do remember the game now Jabba! I couldn't go, I had to work that night. I remember the Celtic fans playing football in Queens square in the day time, in between the market stalls! All pissed and causing mayhem! Little old grannys trying to do their shopping and the Jocks thought it was Hampden Park!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jun 21, 2007 12:02:03 am
      Robbie should have a testimonial without any questions being asked.  He's scored more goals than King Kenny.  A true, and honourable servant to our club. 

Slick Rick is a lazy f**ker though.  He better book his ideas up.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #12: Jun 21, 2007 03:48:34 pm
      Fowler was the reason I chose Liverpool over other premiership clubs. He was a great player, finishes were some of the best in the world in the 90's, and very loyal. An amazing player.
      redmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2007 11:22:15 am
      That's funny, Aldridge and saunders were the reason I chose Oxford over.........hahaha

Quick Reply