Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Germany 4-0 Australia (Gp D) June 13, 7:30pm

Read 12696 times
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Re: Germany 4-0 Australia (Gp D) June 13, 7:30pm
      Reply #230: Jun 14, 2010 07:01:18 pm
      Guten tag! Hope I said that right, EH was that a scoreline and performance expected from your team and how good do you think germany will get? surelly after that confidence boosting performance should make you a real threat for the finals.

you said that right ;)  Obvious I never this this performance coming! Seeing France and England struggling in their games don't make me confident for our game. First of all i was a little bit sceptical, because going into a WC without experienced players ?! Okay Schweinsteiger is 25 and over 70 caps!!! But just 3 players who are over 30. And to be honest who of you had seen  Marin ? or Kroos? or Müller? before? 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #231: Jun 14, 2010 07:03:52 pm
      Muller and Marin are fantastic players. Not seen much of Kroos and surprised he is there buT seen enough to know he's a bright prospect.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #232: Jun 14, 2010 07:08:22 pm
      And many people in germany criticize Löw before the WC started, that he don't pick up Hummels, and Kuranyi, and Frings (after Ballack gets injured) I must count myself to this people, but in the end i must say he proved that his decisions he made were right !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #233: Jun 14, 2010 07:23:26 pm
      I don't think they need Kuranyi though. Cacau, Klose, Podolski and Gomez is enough. Maybe instead of Gomez but no big difference.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #234: Jun 14, 2010 07:36:23 pm
      headed goals from cahill from corners were Australias best chance of scoring in this tournament, and in the first minutes of the match he almost did it.

Cahill appeared to pull out of the tackle from behind and the minimal contact that occured was not dangerous as no boot was stuck in. A very poor decision, perhaps the ref was blinded by Cahills reputation for red card tackles made in the prem.

Only positive from the debacle was the form of Emerton. Australias world cup final now becomes the Ghana match.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #235: Jun 15, 2010 04:58:20 pm
      The reason why the Germans managed to score 4 goals in the game and in other games not many goals are scored is because they used those balls in German league for about 12 months and since all their players play in the German league all of them are used to playing with that ball .
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #236: Jun 15, 2010 05:14:38 pm
      You're not giving enough credit to the German team in my opinion niksluvslfc, think it's a bit too easy to blame the ball.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #237: Jun 15, 2010 05:16:46 pm
      The reason why the Germans managed to score 4 goals in the game and in other games not many goals are scored is because they used those balls in German league for about 12 months and since all their players play in the German league all of them are used to playing with that ball .

The Jabulani design was unveiled in December. They've had a maximum of 5 months to get used to it in Germany.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #238: Jun 15, 2010 05:48:48 pm
      The Jabulani design was unveiled in December. They've had a maximum of 5 months to get used to it in Germany.

But Balague was talking on the commentary here in India and he said they had 12 months ....well no wonder . But the Germans did have some time to get used to the ball though .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #239: Jun 15, 2010 05:51:35 pm
      You're not giving enough credit to the German team in my opinion niksluvslfc, think it's a bit too easy to blame the ball.

Spot on.

Their movements were just fantastic IMO.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #240: Jun 15, 2010 05:52:23 pm

I'm not saying that they didn't do a good job , the Germans we're amazing I'm just saying that they had more time to get used to the ball . I'm not taking anything away from Germany , they were amazing against the Aussies , they just have the upper hand is all I'm saying .
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #241: Jun 15, 2010 05:53:06 pm
      But Balague was talking on the commentary here in India and he said they had 12 months ....well no wonder . But the Germans did have some time to get used to the ball though .
      Think they've had it since february, but they weren't the only league. If players have a problem with this then they should blame their sponsor Nike, for not being allowed to play with it sooner like many others were.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #242: Jun 15, 2010 05:56:45 pm
      I am not taking anything away from Germany , they we're amazing against Australia , all I'm saying that they had an upper hand , it's not the balls fault , its the fact that players are not used to playing with the ball .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #243: Jun 15, 2010 06:01:17 pm
      I don't think it's fair to say that the ball played a huge part in their performances. The ball probably is affected by its surroundings but I highly doubt it makes a direct connection to the movement and creativity of the players. I mean, regardless what ball is used, the Germans probably would still have the movements, awareness and everything that is related to the mental aspect of the game that contributed to the 4-0 scoreline.

Also don't think the ball should be blame if a team does not get the result they would have liked.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #244: Jun 15, 2010 06:09:53 pm
      I thought Germany's passing was great , their movements we're amazing , they really responded well and played very well as a unit . Now I think in my first post I didn't really come through properly I just want to say that Germany had a bit of an upper  hand and used that to their advantage . The ball is the only thing which is affecting the team , it can be a number of reason . Germany are playing the best football of the tournament , and they are a joy to watch in the tournament . But the ball is definitely one of the problems and I'm just saying that the other teams are not used it .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #245: Jun 15, 2010 06:19:23 pm
      I understand what you're saying that they have more time to get used to the ball but the ball is only probably affected when it's in flight or rolling on the ground.

But the ball has no connection to which way their players move and what they decide to do with the ball. :P

So I think they key to their performances over the years have been more to their understanding.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #246: Jun 15, 2010 06:19:55 pm
      Not everybody thinks the ball is a problem though, it's mostly the keepers complaining.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #247: Jun 15, 2010 06:21:20 pm
      Not everybody thinks the ball is a problem though, it's mostly the keepers complaining.

Yeah, but to be fair all the goalkeepers are in the same boat. Each of them are possible to be the next victim. It's not like they used the Jabulani ball during the England - USA match and the Fevernova during the Germany - Australia match.  :laugh:
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #248: Jun 15, 2010 06:22:00 pm
      But the ball has no connection to which way their players move and what they decide to do with the ball. :P

I know that I'm not stupid Ad :f_tongueincheek:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #249: Jun 15, 2010 06:23:03 pm

:P I'm not saying you are.

Like I said, I just think they key to the 4-0 win was their movement and how they play as a team. Something we didn't really see in the France and England games.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #250: Jun 15, 2010 06:29:57 pm
      :P I'm not saying you are.

Like I said, I just think they key to the 4-0 win was their movement and how they play as a team. Something we didn't really see in the France and England games.

And I totally agree with you on that Germany were amazing against Australia , and they ....oh never mind , there are so many contributing factors as to why many teams are playing drab football , the ball is one of the, . End of my opinion , I shall say no more on this issue   .

Quick Reply