Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

FIFA 11

Read 59814 times
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: FIFA 11
      Reply #690: Mar 04, 2011 09:44:31 am
      plan to play back soon, havent had the chance to as much recently

going to work a little more on my UT....im not sure if I can withstand a career mode, as crouchi said the gameplay is horrible, and the only time when your having fun is when your making transfer or improving players, but improving players is a bi*ch to do....the previous Fifas were decent, but man I dont think anything came close to how great the gameplay was for Winning Eleven before they ruined it (think it was the Ronaldo cover one where Konami tried to get cute and change the gameplay, and ended up being for the worst)

anyways going to be working on my UT...Currently have two squads a German Based Squad (77) and a French based Squad (88 CHE)...German Squad is far superior, but I have more fun with the french based squad I play with

German Team

Adler
      Lahm Hummels* Naldo Tremoulinas
         Vidal* Schweinsteiger Sahin*
      Sanchez*     Gomez     Marin

* are the improved versions of the players that were released in the update
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #691: Mar 08, 2011 12:30:46 pm
      I just turned my UT into the Liverpool team haha.

Only player I need is Gerrard, but I can't see how I'm ever going to afford him.

Ripping teams apart 4 or 5 nil every game so far.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #692: Mar 08, 2011 06:34:29 pm
      I like how I got sacked after 8 games because I was 8th (target top 2), having played 3 games less than everyone else due to Europa League and damn cup replays. If I'd have won my 3 games in hand I'd be top. That was my 7th season in charge and all my hard work over the last few months has gone. Not happy! I'd taken my team from League 2 to the Premiership on legendary FFS  :mad:

:f_steam:
      This and I mean exactly this has just happend to me with Liverpool, litreally the same situation as you apart from I was in my second season, ridicolous that is. Was building a reallly good squad there, had brought in Wilshere, Sanchez, Mata, Vargas and Neymar
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #693: Mar 20, 2011 03:57:09 am
      Been playing all day, St paddys shield over and over again for the 4,500 bonus each for each trophy.

Finally got enough to buy Xavi, 60k. So my team is now:

Buffon (86)

Lahm (86) Samuel (85) Nesta (85) Chivu (80)

Navas (84) Xavi (87) De Rossi (84) Malouda (84)

Lopez (84)  Higuain (85)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #694: Apr 01, 2011 08:44:24 pm
      I seem to batter people on ultimate team, not take my chances and lose late on, even when I played some guy who had basically Barca and Real combined with in form Aguero and Forlan upfront, I ran him close. Really frustating.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #695: Apr 11, 2011 10:40:43 pm
      Was lucky enough to get Villa in a pack the other week.

Team is now:

Buffon

Lahm   Pepe   Carvalho   Evra

Alonso     Mascherano

Navas         Xavi          Ozil

Villa

Pretty tasty :P
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #696: Apr 11, 2011 10:47:30 pm
      Fancy helping out a fellow forumer :f_whistle:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #697: Apr 27, 2011 12:14:09 pm
      Fancy helping out a fellow forumer :f_whistle:

Go on..
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #698: Apr 27, 2011 12:15:03 pm
      Thanks to the Playstation network for not allowing me my daily fix of Fifa online! It's doing my head in.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #699: Apr 28, 2011 06:46:16 pm
      Ha I was only messing mate, just that my teams sh*t. :P someone hacked my account a few weeks ago and took everything. Doesn't matter at the moment considering we can't even get on PSN at the moment.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #700: Apr 29, 2011 11:42:55 am
      Ahh, I'm xbox anyway.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #701: Apr 29, 2011 11:47:20 am
      Oh go on, you can allow yourself one small smug grin. After all, the PS3 fanboys have given us enough stick over the years about the Red Ring Of Death and demise of HD-DVDs!  ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #702: Apr 29, 2011 12:15:10 pm
      Oh go on, you can allow yourself one small smug grin. After all, the PS3 fanboys have given us enough stick over the years about the Red Ring Of Death and demise of HD-DVDs!  ;)

Haha :D Yeah, the short smugness well and truly earned ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #703: May 01, 2011 04:20:31 pm
      Beat Bayern 11-1 on aggregate.
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #704: May 03, 2011 10:01:01 pm
                           Casillas

Ramos       Pique.      Puyol       Evra

Alonso

Xavi.            Silva

Messi.                           Pedro

Torres
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #705: May 03, 2011 11:03:06 pm
                         Reina
      Richards Subotic Agger Cissokho
                       Martinez
      Sanchez        Nasri           Bale
                      Pato Suarez

Bench: Carson, Taiwo, A Johnson, Hazard, Gerrard, Torres, Cahill.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #706: May 04, 2011 04:57:52 pm
      Hope you never play the f**ker!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #707: May 04, 2011 07:37:40 pm

Bloody fanboys :roll:

:D I've always been a PS gamer purely cos ive had them since the original PS1, and im extremely comfortable with the controller, extension of my arm basically whenever i play. Not that im good at games though :D Saying that, i find the fanboy debates so annoying and juvenile. If i could have an Xbox as well i would, as they seem a good system and have some games id love to play on there. However, affordibility doesn't allow that and the free online on PS3 is a great thing for us college bums :D

Oh yeah, FIFA 11. Yeah. Don't have it. Heard it was disappointing. FIFA 10 fo shizzle.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #708: May 06, 2011 12:50:20 am
      Finally after 5 months I have got a handle on PS3's Fifa 11. Man its tough and twitchy.
      Fifa 10 on the PS2 is still better in my opinion though.

In my first season as manager I reached the final of the league cup and lost to the chavs but I won the league cup against citeh.
      Finished the season in 5th though.

Into my 2nd season and play a 3-4-3 formation of;

Reina

Cahill, Skrtel and Agger.

Suarez, Gerrard, M'Bia and Bale.

Suarez, Neymar and Young.

Works out really well. Super good at playing a counter attack strategy and very strong at the back.

Carroll, Aquilani, Mereles, Carra, Johnson, Kuyt and Kirkland on the bench.

Still got 50mill in the bank as well and sold the spanish tit to arse for 65mill!

Nice.
      Finally enjoying the game.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #709: Jun 30, 2011 09:43:41 am
      Started a career with QPR, got promoted; currently playing in the PL.

Team looks like this:

Teodorani; Oastler, Hill, Hall, Gibbs; Buszaky, Pastore, Shaqiri; Taarabt, Wickham, Neymar
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #710: Jul 27, 2011 10:42:17 pm
      Just got back into this after a little hiatus.

Started a career mode (manager only, no virtual pro; legendary difficulty/world class board) with Bradford City.

Board wanted top 6 in the first season, started the campaign going 28 games without a loss (21 wins, 7 draws)!!  Needless to say got promoted to League One finishing first with 100 points and also won the Paint Trophy.  Didn't spend a cent improving the squad as it was already good enough to make a title challenge (being on a ridiculous run of form sure helped) and decided to pump all transfer budget into excess wage budget (planning for the future ;D).

Season two in League One they wanted me to stay close to the middle of the table but the free agent market was far too kind to me.  Ended up with Gibbs, Wellington Silva, Pedro Boutinho and Lansbury who would all be brilliant in the top half of the Championship/bottom half of the Premiership (except Gibbs would be a decent signing for any Premiership club).  The rest of the team are all original players and League One standard free agents.  Again, pumped the majority of my transfer budget into excess wage budget.  I've got enough high 50s/low to mid 60s rated players who can do a job for me.

28 games into the season, I'm sitting 2nd just two points behind leaders Barnsley in the table, just won the 4th round of the FA Cup against Crystal Palace and in the area semi-final (which should just be called the quarter-final) for the Paint Trophy.  Invested £100k (my record signing) in a 29 year old, 72 rated GK but the rest have all been free agents replacing players of similar quality (sometimes higher, sometimes lower) and selling current players to make a profit.  Team is currently rated 3 stars which is comfortably Championship quality - explains how I'm cruising.  So I expect another easy promotion before selling Gibbs and using the funds to strengthen other areas of the squad as it's currently imbalanced. 

Sticking with the initial 4-3-3 formation for now (only made the fullbacks more attacking of course :D) but am slowly tweaking the tactics to something more suitable.  If my team get promoted the squad will easily hold their own in the Championship and probably finish top half.  £105k/week currently spent on wages, £160k/week currently free (I think this is on par with the likes of Wolves/WBA/Wigan/Blackpool - so really pleased with that).  Granted I've got no transfer budget remaining but I'll hopefully make a little bit from cup wins and the board will give me a little bit at the end of the season.  Have about £4m worth of players up on the transfer market too.

edit: Just drew Blackpool in Round 5 of the FA Cup, a very winnable game considering earlier in the year, I drew Chelsea in the 4th round of the League Cup and they sent out a team which was a mix of youngsters and fringe players (stronger than the current Blackpool side).  I managed to outplay them and created more chances but they nicked it 1:0 in the 115th minute with an offside goal, I hit the post twice in injury time :'(
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2011 11:42:18 pm by vitez »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #711: Jul 30, 2011 12:11:35 am
      Feeling pretty confident online these days with the chavs, so if anyone is up for a game message me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #712: Jul 30, 2011 12:16:32 am
      I'll add you now. I love playing with Spain but been off for about two weeks. Keen to get going.

Quick Reply