Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

SOS - Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme

Read 2058 times
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      SOS - Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme
      Jun 15, 2010 08:41:43 pm
      Another Email from SOS, I enjoyed the first paragraph the most. I beginning to think that this was a total waste of £10

Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme
      Tuesday 15th June 2010

The Spirit of Shankly have consistently been at the forefront of action to see the current owners out of Liverpool Football Club.

At the Union's EGM on Saturday the Spirit of Shankly announced its "Independence Day" rally on the 4th July in Liverpool which will mark the launch of the SaveLiverpoolFC supporter ownership scheme and the stepping up of its campaign to see the owners put a realistic price on the Club to allow the supporters to take a share as soon as possible.

In order to escalate the campaign there will be steps taken to target the Club's bankers RBS to force them to fulfil their obligations to their shareholders and Liverpool Football Club supporters and to force the owners to sell for a realistic price.

However the Union is also seeking to target the owners closer to home and is calling for a boycott of the Auto Cup scheme. All season ticket holders who are yet to renew are asked to opt out of the ACS for two reasons.

Firstly, it will hit the owners where it hurts in their pockets due to the significant impact it will have on cash flow. They will no longer be able to expect that a number of people will automatically take a ticket.

Secondly, the price of tickets for the cup games is likely to be reduced as the Club recognises the need to pitch ticket prices at a more attractive level due to the absence of pre-bought tickets and their concern to maximise attendance. We don't want to see tickets sold at a reduced rate, only to be upped in price when the 'bigger games' come around.

This boycott does not necessarily mean people have to give up going to these games but it shows supporters flexing their muscles and reiterating that Tom and George are still "Not Welcome Here".

If you have already renewed your season ticket then there are still ways that you can opt out of the ACS scheme so the Club does not take your money for these games - get in touch with the Union for further details at directaction@spiritofshankly.com.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: SOS - Boycott the Auto Cup Scheme
      Reply #1: Jun 15, 2010 08:52:50 pm
      beginning to think that this was a total waste of £10

Mine and Joey's thoughts as well yozz.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jun 15, 2010 09:25:17 pm
      Aye, I'm with you's there. :(
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2010 10:25:15 pm
      Mine and Joey's thoughts as well yozz.

And mine.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2010 08:08:33 pm
      All season ticket holders who are yet to renew are asked to opt out of the ACS for two reasons....

Firstly, it will hit the owners where it hurts in their pockets due to the significant impact it will have on cash flow. .........

.........This boycott does not necessarily mean people have to give up going to these games but it shows supporters flexing their muscles...

Maybe it's just me, maybe i'm being half-daft but.........

Hitting the owners in "their pockets" by not buying tickets up-front but buying them later; what the F**k?

This proposed "action" is like your mate (RBS) having to wait 'til the end of the month instead of Friday for that tenner you owe him; he knows you're good for it, he knows you're still earning, he'll wait.

If you want to hit cash-flow - hit it early, hit it hard and hit it often.  >:D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #5: Jun 19, 2010 01:46:35 am
      SOS, you are  loosing credability.You are becomming a "political Wing" of the supporters.Not what we need,so if that's all that you can do then f*ck off.What we need is leadership in direct action,we need organised protests on the streets now,continuing until the gobshites are gone.If you are not up for this,then f*ck off,I'll do it myself.Time for Bollcks people.

Quick Reply