Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alan Wake

Read 2496 times
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Alan Wake
      Jun 16, 2010 04:44:05 pm
      Just completed this game on normal. Have to say, it was a great game.

Based on Stephen King books, the game is about Alan Wake. An author who has hit writers block whos wife decideds to go on vacation. They go to a cabin in Bright Falls. However, Alans wife gets kidnapped and Alan has to battle the darkness to find her.

Only problem I had with the game was the repetition. But other than that, my favourite game of the year so far.

Anyone else played it?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Alan Wake
      Reply #1: Jun 23, 2010 03:11:43 pm
      SPOILER ALERT (Forum Staff)

what I dont understand is ... sure he brings his wife back n the town is happy again but hes not there when shes out of the water and the game ends with Alan wake still in the dark with a voice saying 'wake up wake up'...

and in the end its written that alan wakes journey in the dark still continues.. I m sure I m wrong but it looked a little that Alan was still trapped in the world of dark although his wife n the town were safe.....

and whatevers the deal with the idiotic smiling twin MR.SCRATCH.... thomas zane introduces him as the person who will meet others when alan is gone.... does this mean that alan will takeover from thomas zanes responsibility while the lookalike lives his life?????? a little groggy, that area...

awesome game n story though..
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010 11:29:48 am by JD »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #2: Jun 23, 2010 03:29:47 pm
      Thanks for warning for spoilers there Arrie :P

I have this game, but haven't got around to playing it yet. Same with the new Splinter Cell for that matter :-\
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2010 04:03:46 pm by Dexter »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Jun 23, 2010 07:47:54 pm
      what i dont understand is ... sure he brings his wife back n the town is happy again but hes not there when shes out of the water and the game ends with Alan wake still in the dark with a voice saying 'wake up wake up'...

and in the end its written that alan wakes journey in the dark still continues.. i m sure i m wrong but it looked a little that Alan was still trapped in the world of dark although his wife n the town were safe.....

and whatevers the deal with the idiotic smiling twin MR.SCRATCH.... thomas zane introduces him as the person who will meet others when alan is gone.... does this mean that alan will takeover from thomas zanes responsibility while the lookalike lives his life?????? a little groggy, that area...

awesome game n story though..
      I was tempted to get this because I suspect the missus might like it as well. Now you've told me exactly how it ends, I'm not that bothered anymore!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #4: Jun 24, 2010 03:21:01 am
      Despite the ending now being known, I still reccomend a play through to anyone who hasnt played it. To understand how great the game is and how clever it is, you have to play it yourself. Still highly reccomended.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #5: Jun 24, 2010 03:44:11 am
      Way to go swinton , a spoiler alert would've been handy  :tosser: :boxing: :action-smiley-060:
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #6: Jun 25, 2010 03:45:18 am
      It wasnt me who spoiled it thanks :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #7: Jun 25, 2010 11:31:00 am
      Might get it.  Even though somebody ruined it.  Feel free to PM him what happens at the end of Toy Story 3.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Jun 25, 2010 11:33:34 am
      :lmao:

Is it on PS3 too? I thought it was X-Box's Chubby Heavy Rain
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #9: Jun 25, 2010 04:36:53 pm
      :lmao:

Is it on PS3 too? I thought it was X-Box's Chubby Heavy Rain
      It's only for Xbox 360.

Heavy Rain is sh*t ;D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2010 04:47:01 pm
      Oh and to all.

I finished it 4 days back,inspite of having exam next day,i cudnt stop myself from playing this masterpiece,it leaves u craving for more,like wat is gonna happen next :D
      It is indeed too addictive !

AW is very challenging on hard nd even harder on nightmare...but scary not that much like Fear nd Condmned but Guy at Remedy forum said if you play it at night with door closed nd volume up...then game does have some spooky moments...He also said you must try to collect as much as manuscript pages nd listen to tv nd radio shows becoz these items reveal some interesting info related to story...If you try to rush through game without exploring then you will miss lot of cool moments....EVEN GAMESPOT REVIEWER SAID IT...

See unlike DEAD SPACE ND DOOM 3 which uses monsters,blood gore nd creepy monsters to scare you...AW tries to scare you lil bit with lightning,shadow,atmosphere nd sound effects...NO BLOOD GORE,ZOMBIES & SCARY MONSTERS IN IT..Enemies are normal npc's in town controlled by Darkness..

Game ending is a cliffhanger...and to bridge the ending between AW 2 (YES AW 2 is coming..Remedy already working on it) andd AW 1...Remedy releasing FREE 2-3 hour DLC for those who will purchased new copy not used copy...

At the End It's a Masterpiece and a Must Have.

sh*t I Must be on weed when typing the whole ending. Never had a thought that people are yet to play the game.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2010 04:50:25 pm
      Aw good point, I forgot to mention, if you buy the game brand new, you get codes inside it to get the DLC free, which once you finish the game, you will want to have!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #12: Jul 18, 2010 05:22:22 pm
      It's only for Xbox 360.

Heavy Rain is Sh*t ;D

Have to agree...Alan Wake does the whole story thing, miles better.

Quick Reply