Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Boycotting the Arsenal Game

Read 20996 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Boycotting the Arsenal Game
      Jun 17, 2010 04:16:55 pm
      Just had a look on the Rawk Forum and this is getting banded about, her is what the topic says.  Would lke to see what everyone thinks of this.

This is actually perfect. Obviously the bloke that picks the fixture list (Please. Before some idiot says "It's picked by a f**king computer" or before some knobend says "It's entirely random". If f**king isn't. It's picked by a bloke the FA Employ and the FA has their input (As well, some people would say, do some managers as well).

Anyway. Here we are. 'Massive' game - starting against Arsenal. According to some.

Well. To me. It's not a massive game at all. It's what I would have expected past an away fixture from the FA - but for once this has played into our hands.

Imagine if we had a shed load of season ticket holders that didn't go. Imagine if we had a load of other fans that buy tickets and don't go. Alright the money goes into the LFC owners pot - but imagine the shockwaves through the league and world football and even the media if the game went ahead with only 10,000 in the ground?

I for one would be more than happy to gib this game for the impact it would make.

It would show the world that Liverpool fans have had enough of these stupid bas**rds and for the first game of the season (No doubt televised live on Sky) the media would not be able to get away from it. No way at all.

This is hyped as a 'massive fixture' (When in fact, it's a challenging for the league side with money when they need it and a massive income stream from a new stadium against a club run into the floor with a low income stream, no hope, no future looking at liquidation).

Most in the media haven't realised this - but if the ground was empty then they'd have to address it.

What's the thoughts on this?
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 01:25:50 pm by JD »
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Boycotting the Arsenal Game
      Reply #1: Jun 17, 2010 04:20:34 pm
      Well Im boycotting everything (except away games) anyway.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2010 04:21:31 pm
      The main idea is to boycott every home game anyway, so I'm pretty sure Anfield may have more than a few empty seats come August.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2010 04:21:35 pm
      My thoughts are what's the F***ing point?

Buy a ticket, line the pockets of the yanks and then don't go. Oh yeah that makes sense. They couldn't give a F**k if the numbers are in the ground or not, they care solely for the number of tickets sold. That's all. I think they'd be prepared to sacrifice the odd pie not being bought or the matchday program not being sold, if they were still getting the money from the tickets.

If you're boycotting the match, you boycott it. You don't buy a ticket then not go. That's idiotic.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: Jun 17, 2010 04:23:31 pm
      Well I mate, I wish a few more would do the same.  

I know people will say why not do a Europa, FA or League Cup game, we do that and everyone thinks that the fans dont care about the competion.  We do this against the Arsenal and people start to take notice of what we are doing.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2010 04:24:59 pm
      Imagine if we had a shed load of season ticket holders that didn't go. Imagine if we had a load of other fans that buy tickets and don't go. Alright the money goes into the LFC owners pot - but imagine the shockwaves through the league and world football and even the media if the game went ahead with only 10,000 in the ground?

I for one would be more than happy to gib this game for the impact it would make.

Just read this bit. Oh dear.

Good point by DLS, we can't line the pockets of those tw*ts and then not go, it completely defies logic.

It'll be about as effective as taking a photo of a spade in Stanley Park...

... Oh wait. :-\
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2010 04:25:31 pm
      Glad to hear that this actually picking up some decent momentum, and way before the game, which in my opinion allows the word to spread to more fans and gaining some proper numbers to the boycott!!!

NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2010 04:25:48 pm
      Havent they got a scheme if your a season ticket holder and you cant go to the game, you can give it back to the club and you get a discount of next seasons ticket. If they have, just give your ticket back at the last possibly time, thus not spending money on a ticket.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2010 04:27:48 pm
      Well I mate, I wish a few more would do the same. 

I know people will say why not do a Europa, FA or League Cup game, we do that and everyone thinks that the fans dont care about the competion.  We do this against the Arsenal and people start to take notice of what we are doing.

I'm all for boycotting the games mate. What I don't see the point in though, is buying a ticket and not going. It defeats the object.

Boycotting the match, includes boycotting the ticket office. No match tickets sold means nobody goes anyway, it also means the yanks don't have their pockets lined anymore.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2010 04:28:23 pm
      The fact that the RAWK forum are talking about it, its got momentum.  
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2010 04:29:14 pm
      The mentality of alot on RAWK does annoy me. "Great idea, but would never happen." What sort of shithouse attitude is that?

Sadly, I dont think boycotting matches would ever work. Our fanbase has too many clueless whoppers, and too many stubborn pricks who only want to boycott a league cup game (also known as ST holders).

Still wont stop me not going to any home games.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2010 04:30:02 pm
      I inderstand it will be hard if your a season ticket holder, as you have already paid for the ticket.  But surely taking part in it and showing the world that there is something seriously wrong at Liverpool.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2010 04:32:43 pm
      We need to do something, its not working at the moment.  I am not willing to sit on my arse and watch things unfold.

The fact my brother is struggling with his emotions in whether to renew his season ticket which he has had for 15 years, shows that some people are willing to do the bit more.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2010 04:52:51 pm
      If your brother doesnt renew his ticket- someone else will have it- the yanks will get their money one way or another- they dont care who the individuals are!

I personally dont think a boycott will work- not because we dont care or we dont have enough fans who love our club- because it is pointless-

Our club is up for sale, this is a huge step forward- The lads have to play weather they like it or not, they cant boycott! they need our support- this coming season probably more than ever before- will all the uncertainty behind the scenes, with the manager & the owners & players futures.
      I for one will be there- my lousy £37 is a drop in the ocean to h&g, i couldnt bear the look on the lads faces when they see a half empty stadium.
      The media are aware of how much sh*te we are in- even if we dont get that much coverage.

H&G are on their way out- they are leaving our club to go ruin something else- sooner or later they will be gone- i dont think a boycott will make it sooner rather than later.

I hate to see the fans divided like this- like those opposed to a boycott are `day trippers` or clueless- this is not the case at all.
      Those players need our support & we need to stick by them.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 17, 2010 04:53:22 pm
      We've been banging the boycott drum, successfully, for a good while now. 

Keep up RAWK.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #15: Jun 17, 2010 04:58:58 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #16: Jun 17, 2010 05:02:57 pm
      If your brother doesnt renew his ticket- someone else will have it- the yanks will get their money one way or another- they dont care who the individuals are!

I personally dont think a boycott will work- not because we dont care or we dont have enough fans who love our club- because it is pointless-

Our club is up for sale, this is a huge step forward- The lads have to play weather they like it or not, they cant boycott! they need our support- this coming season probably more than ever before- will all the uncertainty behind the scenes, with the manager & the owners & players futures.
      I for one will be there- my lousy £37 is a drop in the ocean to h&g, i couldnt bear the look on the lads faces when they see a half empty stadium.
      The media are aware of how much sh*te we are in- even if we dont get that much coverage.

H&G are on their way out- they are leaving our club to go ruin something else- sooner or later they will be gone- i dont think a boycott will make it sooner rather than later.

I hate to see the fans divided like this- like those opposed to a boycott are `day trippers` or clueless- this is not the case at all.
      Those players need our support & we need to stick by them.

But, if as suggested by some on here - not RAWK (we can come up with our own ideas to you know) - there will be many thousand protesting outside the ground.

That will show the players where our loyalties lie. The players will still have our support, the club will still have our support. Just not our money. There's one way to hurt to Tom Hicks and George Gillett and that is through their pockets.

Another suggestion put forward on here was to greet the players as they got off the coach to let them know we still follow them.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #17: Jun 17, 2010 05:08:14 pm
      I am up for the protests & the banners all over Anfield- i think that would look great- all in the crowd & hung over the upper tiers.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #18: Jun 17, 2010 05:10:04 pm
      It would be Perfect if it is implemented properly.

It's a Massive game and an opening fixture.Surely it will be on SKY and will get loads of Coverage.It'll be a big Embarrassment for YANKS.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #19: Jun 17, 2010 05:12:23 pm
      But, if as suggested by some on here - not RAWK (we can come up with our own ideas to you know) - there will be many thousand protesting outside the ground.

That will show the players where our loyalties lie. The players will still have our support, the club will still have our support. Just not our money. There's one way to hurt to Tom Hicks and George Gillett and that is through their pockets.

Another suggestion put forward on here was to greet the players as they got off the coach to let them know we still follow them.
      The only weapon and the most lethal we can use to get shut of these parasites, if we stick with it the fuckers will just fall away like the leeches they are- starved of life giving blood, the club's blood.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 17, 2010 05:46:36 pm
      I'll tell you what lets just carry on like last season and hope they go away and some nice arab with a sh*t load of money comes in and buys us then spends broosters on a new team and we can all be jolly again , F###ING WAKE UP WILL YOU IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Jun 17, 2010 05:54:16 pm
      I can state for a fact that I will be boycotting the Arsenal game.

And every game at Anfield until the owners have gone.
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #22: Jun 17, 2010 05:55:08 pm
      The only option left, the only viable one left is to hit those bas**rds where it hurts, their pockets. Tucked up in america they dont give a sh*t about fans protesting outside a ground. They are cruel, experienced leverage buyers. their main objective is to keep the club in debt and service the repayments from revenue, ie ticket sales. They will strip the club of assets to make profit. They knew liverpool had a loyal fanbase when they bought us. They think they know that no matter how sh*t the pool do with whatever sh*t players we have that we will keep financing their debt. F**k that, we got to make a stand now! I wont be back in anfield till their gone and ive bought F**k all since! My local supporters club is considering doing the same. The time to act is now! Time is running out but if we act now, maybe, just maybe we can save our club.

Be under no illusions reds, this sh*t is for real. They will not stop until they have pocketed the last cent from us.

Also the media are not interested in Liverpool fans! Every single journo and editor out their know our predicament, some may take delight from it. The only way to publicise our campaign is a mass boycott of games. Arsenal start of the new season......PERFECT! Lets start as we mean to go on! YNWA

Quick Reply