Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Boycotting the Arsenal Game

Read 20999 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Boycotting the Arsenal Game
      Reply #299: Aug 07, 2010 08:18:14 pm
      I will be there supporting the club, not the owners the club as i have always done.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #300: Aug 09, 2010 01:44:35 am
      It's sold out.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #301: Aug 09, 2010 02:08:46 am
      Isn't it about time you lot started supporting the club and the players, do you realise the damage you are doing to the playing staff, what would happen to the players confididence if the ground was empty ? Arsenal supporters would be laughing their socks off, the mancs would be rolling around with tears streaming down their manc faces, get real, the Yanks by now are quite aware of what we think of them, they live in the USA, they are not concerned what you think, it costs them no money to hold onto the club, just stop with your silly rants and get behind ' LIVERPOOL' and stop upsetting everyone.
      There'se no point in boycotting the arsenal game because,the takeover circus has gone beyond that.What you are suggesting is to stop fans protesting against the current owners,because it undermines player confidence and doesn't affect the current owners.Where do I start.For one players are well aware of the current ownership turmoil,that's why they question their futures at the club.Secondly the current owners seem hell bent on risking Administration for the club in order for them to walk away with profits,to appease their US creditors.You really want that to happen?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #302: Aug 09, 2010 02:15:45 am
      I will be there supporting the club, not the owners the club as I have always done.
      That's what they rely on,that's what's kept them here so long.I bet youv'e got the Standard Chartered shirt also.Not wrong mate,but it gives the gobshites hope.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #303: Aug 09, 2010 06:09:59 pm

Was always on the cards we were never going to have empty seats at Anfield the stags parties and visitors to the city were alwyas going to keep arses on the seats. At least with a takeover imminent its not as bad as it would be if those 2 cabbages were going to be here long term
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #304: Aug 09, 2010 06:22:35 pm
      That's what they rely on,that's what's kept them here so long.I bet youv'e got the Standard Chartered shirt also.Not wrong mate,but it gives the gobshites hope.

And a season ticket too,was going for 20 years before they arrived and will be going for many years after they leave. No matter who's in charge I will always support the club its my life and many other peoples as well. Boycotting the game was never going to happen and I suggest it may have been thought up by people who don't get to the match much. I refused to be forced away from Anfield by anyone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #305: Aug 09, 2010 06:28:26 pm
      Boycotting the game was never going to happen and I suggest it may have been thought up by people who don't get to the match much. I refused to be forced away from Anfield by anyone.

So wrong.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #306: Aug 09, 2010 06:33:15 pm

Indeed.

I can't summon up many examples of home matches that didn't have some representation from the originators of the idea.

Nice of you to pipe up now it has sold out though gazza31. :f_tongueincheek:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #307: Aug 09, 2010 06:51:40 pm
      Well let's just see if it is full, which it will be and the majority will be season ticket holders not day trippers or stag parties as someone put previously so how do you come to the conclusion. So you only wanted none season ticket holders to boycott?? I mean if its full capacity it means every single season ticket holder disagrees with the idea does it not?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #308: Aug 09, 2010 07:03:44 pm
      Well let's just see if it is full, which it will be and the majority will be season ticket holders not day trippers or stag parties as someone put previously so how do you come to the conclusion. So you only wanted none season ticket holders to boycott?? I mean if its full capacity it means every single season ticket holder disagrees with the idea does it not?

Read my post again. I said the likelyhood of the ground not being full was always slim. Those of us who understood the reason for the boycott and who would have gladly stuck with it would see the seats we might have had taken by people who dont give a toss about Liverpool and who had a chance of getting a ticket because they were in the city on a stag or whatever.

Also you will find that nobody said season ticket holders would be wrong or looked at in a bad way for going to the games it was individual choices people were making
      damercy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Hello
      Reply #309: Aug 09, 2010 07:08:59 pm
      Hello there,
      first of all I'm sorry about the turkish people who were responsible for the locked thread about the trabzonspor game. I would like to get some info about your stadium especially if there is a special area where trabzon supporters can watch the game. I know this is not the right thread but I couldn't find a better place to write. I would be thankfull for every reply.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #310: Aug 09, 2010 07:09:17 pm
      I know the point you are making. However my point if there are no empty seats it means all  season ticket holders are there and don't agree with the protest. I mean they wouldn't hand there seat back they would leave it empty hence the protest. Which brings me back to my first point about who organised it and idea it was. I prefer to go to the match support my team and shout bollocks at the owners in the interval and at full time.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #311: Aug 09, 2010 09:34:35 pm
      I know the point you are making. However my point if there are no empty seats it means all  season ticket holders are there and don't agree with the protest. I mean they wouldn't hand there seat back they would leave it empty hence the protest. Which brings me back to my first point about who organised it and idea it was. I prefer to go to the match support my team and shout bollocks at the owners in the interval and at full time.
      There are some that think, and some that do. Some that take action, and some that bury their heads in the sand, and hope it all blows over.

If anyone wants to go to this game, then that's their choice, but they will have blood on their hands. It's a big ask for anyone to miss a match of this magnatude, so anyone who is sacrificing their own happyness for what they believe in, i salute you, you are a TRUE RED :kop5cf8koxp6:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #312: Aug 09, 2010 10:22:44 pm
      Rubbish lad get a grip. Have you a season ticket by the way give me the seat number I bet it's got someone in it. I have paid over 700 quid for my ticket its really big of you none ticket holders to come up with this idea you are sacrificing errrr well F***ing nothing my word who thinks these things up. Like I Said every season ticket holder will be there on Sunday the lifeblood of the club.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #313: Aug 09, 2010 10:37:32 pm
      agree gazza, i come over from ireland about 15 time a year and i wont be boycotten any games...F**k it whats done is done lets all get togather and support the boys,the good times will be back soon.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #314: Aug 09, 2010 10:39:48 pm
      Rubbish lad get a grip. Have you a season ticket by the way give me the seat number I bet it's got someone in it. I have paid over 700 quid for my ticket its really big of you none ticket holders to come up with this idea you are sacrificing errrr well f**king nothing my word who thinks these things up. Like I Said every season ticket holder will be there on Sunday the lifeblood of the club.
      Like i said it's a sacarifice, but FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB, could you not miss one game??
      The "lifeblood of the club"! sure, but at the min it's the life blood of the yanks pocket!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #315: Aug 09, 2010 10:45:04 pm
      Rubbish lad get a grip. Have you a season ticket by the way give me the seat number I bet it's got someone in it. I have paid over 700 quid for my ticket its really big of you none ticket holders to come up with this idea you are sacrificing errrr well f**king nothing my word who thinks these things up. Like I Said every season ticket holder will be there on Sunday the lifeblood of the club.

agree gazza, I come over from ireland about 15 time a year and I wont be boycotten any games...f**k it whats done is done lets all get togather and support the boys,the good times will be back soon.

Would you 2 still attend games if the yanks decided to stay put?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #316: Aug 09, 2010 10:48:04 pm
      agree gazza, I come over from ireland about 15 time a year and I wont be boycotten any games...f**k it whats done is done lets all get togather and support the boys,the good times will be back soon.
      The good times will only be back when the yanks are gone!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #317: Aug 09, 2010 10:50:13 pm
      The good times will only be back when the yanks are gone!

according to skysports news that yardi lad is on the verge of completeing a deal.just hope we can get the stadium and decent players.....oh yea and no more yanks
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #318: Aug 09, 2010 10:51:06 pm
      the yanks will be gone by next weekend pls god good riddens
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #319: Aug 09, 2010 11:58:03 pm
      according to skysports news that yardi lad is on the verge of completeing a deal.just hope we can get the stadium and decent players.....oh yea and no more yanks

I reckon Gillett is involved with this Syrian pr**k somewhere down the line and we'll end up like Portsmouth if this pizza boy takes charge.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #320: Aug 10, 2010 12:09:58 am

But Kirdi is one of the Yanks in terms of how they do business.  There will be no money for players, or the stadium, just more debt.

You make use of your season ticket mate whilst you still can cos come the 6th October we could be heading the same way as Portsmouth and you sure as hell won't be getting your money back.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #321: Aug 10, 2010 12:51:53 am
      But Kirdi is one of the Yanks in terms of how they do business.  There will be no money for players, or the stadium, just more debt.

You make use of your season ticket mate whilst you still can cos come the 6th October we could be heading the same way as Portsmouth and you sure as hell won't be getting your money back.

More than likely will be calling for a boycott then!

Quick Reply