Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Boycotting the Arsenal Game

Read 21000 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Boycotting the Arsenal Game
      Reply #322: Aug 10, 2010 01:58:31 am
      Boycotting the game is not the answer anyway.

Also, the takeover process has begun.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #323: Aug 10, 2010 05:40:03 am
      If there was no takeover in sight, boycotting IS part of the answer.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #324: Aug 10, 2010 05:43:28 am
      Yeah they should move the game to the Grove ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #325: Aug 10, 2010 09:20:15 am
      Fairly certain that no one involved with the campaign has said that season ticket holders should consider giving up their seat, or even skipping the game. It's not empty seats we wanted. It was empty pockets for those two lying beauts.

Protests and visible signs of defiance have done all they could. Money is the only language they speak, and I will never back down on that.

I personally feel, hand on heart, that if people had flocked to buy the new shirts direct from the club, and if people had continued to pile money into the club shop as much as they used to, then we wouldn't be seeing them in the process of selling up.

Ignore the sh*te that Ayre's came out with regarding this new kit being the fastest shipping. That spiel was so carefully worded, it was unbeleivable.

And the ticket prices for the next home game in the Europa League? £5 kids and £10 adults? Don't you think the 30,000 odd capacity had them worried?

The fact that many reds have refused vigilantly to hand them any further money has played a huge part in them leaving the club. So don't sit behind your keyboard accusing reds who care about their football club that they're not sacrificing as much as you. It's not our fault that you have a season ticket and we don't. It's not some of the overseas reds' faults that they don't live close to the city and you do.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,287 posts | 2839 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #326: Aug 10, 2010 09:24:15 am
      Does anybody think with the ongoing process of the club being sold that the boycott should be left on hold until we see how it develops?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #327: Aug 10, 2010 09:29:42 am
      Fairly certain that no one involved with the campaign has said that season ticket holders should consider giving up their seat, or even skipping the game. It's not empty seats we wanted. It was empty pockets for those two lying beauts.

Protests and visible signs of defiance have done all they could. Money is the only language they speak, and I will never back down on that.

I personally feel, hand on heart, that if people had flocked to buy the new shirts direct from the club, and if people had continued to pile money into the club shop as much as they used to, then we wouldn't be seeing them in the process of selling up.

Ignore the sh*te that Ayre's came out with regarding this new kit being the fastest shipping. That spiel was so carefully worded, it was unbeleivable.

And the ticket prices for the next home game in the Europa League? £5 kids and £10 adults? Don't you think the 30,000 odd capacity had them worried?

The fact that many reds have refused vigilantly to hand them any further money has played a huge part in them leaving the club. So don't sit behind your keyboard accusing reds who care about their football club that they're not sacrificing as much as you. It's not our fault that you have a season ticket and we don't. It's not some of the overseas reds' faults that they don't live close to the city and you do.

Great post mate!

Unfortunately, I think we all knew that, this game would be sold out when we seen how many people turned up to the Rabotnicki game? 30,000 people for a game that was 99% sewn up, against unknown opposition! That was the perfect oppurtunity to have an empty stadium! So now the big boys are comig to town, of course the stadium was going to be packed to the rafters!

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #328: Aug 10, 2010 09:30:41 am

F***ing is right. I'm over hearing 'Boycotts don't work' - the fact they were offering free personalization of the new shirt a while back - something ive never seen done before, and i look on the offal a fair bit - amongst other things, told me they have taken a hit.

Does anybody think with the ongoing process of the club being sold that the boycott should be left on hold until we see how it develops?

Same question i raised a week or so back. Do wonder what peoples feelings about this is? For me, im still not purchasing a thing until they are gone. I can understand if some are wavering about the game though. I would not be going, but unfortunately i think with all this optimism lately a lot of the less-strong minded may have let the dire situation slip from the mind, which is understandable - optimism is a drug in a way. With the impending sale of the club, and i do finally believe it will definitely happen - i can't see them getting out of it now - what are peoples thoughts on this??
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #329: Aug 10, 2010 10:09:18 am
      I can't wait for them 2 t***s to F*** O** so I can get me Son the new shirt for his birthday that was 11th July.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #330: Aug 10, 2010 10:42:59 am
      Was always on the cards we were never going to have empty seats at Anfield the stags parties and visitors to the city were alwyas going to keep arses on the seats. At least with a takeover imminent its not as bad as it would be if those 2 cabbages were going to be here long term

Speaking of the cabbage, i heard it was petrol bombed? Would explain why it wasnt open last week
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #331: Aug 10, 2010 11:09:10 am
      I'm going to stick my neck out and say the atmosphere will be gash, as loads of regulars appear not be going and a lot of part time fans appear to have bought tickets.

:f_whistle: Ste, Gerrard Gerrard...  :f_whistle: fade into a mumble and crunching of crisp packets.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #332: Aug 10, 2010 11:13:51 am
      The atmosphere will be gash ?  I must admit I'm not sure what that means but let's face it the atmosphere for most of the last season was terrible anyway so a full house probably won't make much more noise than a half empty ground. I hope I'm wrong.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #333: Aug 10, 2010 11:20:28 am
      I disagree I think the atmosphere will be good - 1st game of a new campaign, new manager, new players.....maybe news on potential new owners.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #334: Aug 10, 2010 01:08:53 pm
      The atmosphere will be gash ?  I must admit I'm not sure what that means but let's face it the atmosphere for most of the last season was terrible anyway so a full house probably won't make much more noise than a half empty ground. I hope I'm wrong.
      Gash means crap mate! Well considering that this game appears to be a sell-out, then I want to hear our crowd up for it. Nothing worse than seeing a full Anfield and no atmosphere, which we saw to much of last season.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #335: Aug 10, 2010 01:13:20 pm
      I disagree I think the atmosphere will be good - 1st game of a new campaign, new manager, new players.....maybe news on potential new owners.

Suppose it could be, i'd like it to be because we have a good chance to win but last season some of the games (some i went to and some i watched) were pretty crap. I'm just jealous i'm not going maybe but boycott means boycott.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #336: Aug 10, 2010 01:59:14 pm
      You do know the tickets didn't go on general sale don't you! so how are the so called stag and hen dos going to spoil the atmosphere. The regulars will be there in full voice bring on the arse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #337: Aug 10, 2010 02:00:21 pm
      You do know the tickets didn't go on general sale don't you! so how are the so called stag and hen dos going to spoil the atmosphere. The regulars will be there in full voice bring on the arse.

Don't have to go on general sale, people can still apply for them if they have credit cards.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #338: Aug 10, 2010 02:36:04 pm
      Last time my mate tried its the club card holders first so for cat A games is basically a closed shop is this not still the case??
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #339: Aug 10, 2010 03:33:45 pm
      they have been onsale for the last couple hours on general sale
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #340: Aug 10, 2010 03:54:09 pm

Yes.

A few shirt sales and tickets is small fry against the Yanks losing out on the 400 million extra they wanted to make by screwing us over.

The War Is Not Over.

...but hey. Lets look at the big picture and get behind Roy and the lads. That outweighs our foot-stamping especially where we now are in the scheme of things.

Six months ago yes.
      Now? We are in the end game.

Weve brought them to the table and to their knees. Lets enjoy it cos we f***ing deserve it.

19 is what we are after.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #341: Aug 10, 2010 04:02:31 pm
      they have been onsale for the last couple hours on general sale

It'll be Main Stand restricteds surely?
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #342: Aug 10, 2010 04:55:00 pm
      It'll be Main Stand restricteds surely?

Who knows there was middle (MD) i think of the main stand and i dont think thats restricted plus Annie Road upper which isn't. Sold out now i think
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #343: Aug 10, 2010 04:56:32 pm
      MD is think is. Or some of them are at least. There are strips of the Main Stand which are dodgy for seeing round the poles.

Anyway. I'll just wait till H&G are gone.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #344: Aug 11, 2010 09:04:01 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out and say the atmosphere will be gash, as loads of regulars appear not be going and a lot of part time fans appear to have bought tickets.

:f_whistle: Ste, Gerrard Gerrard...  :f_whistle: fade into a mumble and crunching of crisp packets.

I think the atmosphere will be fantastic- why not?
      We have a new manager (who hasent put a foot wrong yet!) Joey Cole & Jovanavich to get everybody excited, things are looking a hell of alot better than they were last season!

Quick Reply