Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

England 0-0 Algeria (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 19:30 - ITV1

Read 13933 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: England 0-0 Algeria (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 19:30 - ITV1
      Reply #138: Jun 19, 2010 12:16:04 am
      Fair enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Jun 19, 2010 12:22:07 am
      Hope he said your a f**king disgrace!

Was having a go at Beckham or something :-\ Bit odd seeing as he wasn't even playing like but whatever floats your boat i spose.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #140: Jun 19, 2010 12:23:56 am
      We were not even good enough to be cr@p
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #141: Jun 19, 2010 12:36:49 am
      Robbed by the bloody French, Patrick Viera pissing me off now just by talking

Thank you, Mags.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #142: Jun 19, 2010 12:37:34 am
      I was appalled by this performance and this match. And I was especially appalled by Wayne Rooney's attitude following his performance which was by a mile the worst on the pitch which is some achievement considering the other crap performances out there. He gave the ball away, he played well out of position, he couldn't hold on to the ball, his passing was dire - overall a shocking shocking performance by the so called 'talisman' of English football. Well tonight Wayne all you did was prove that you are an overhyped, exaggerated player who is clearly not in the top 5 players in the world. No debate.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #143: Jun 19, 2010 01:03:32 am
      Maybe England should try Crouch/DeFoe upfront. w / Rooney in behind at CF. 3 Strikers.
      Sit Lampard. Go 4-3-3 . Gotta try something different.
      Heskey is a waste IMO
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #144: Jun 19, 2010 02:03:05 am
      Maybe I am just Ignorant, but I dont think you should boo your own National team. Rooney is a f***in douchebag. He deserves to be booed. He played awful and did nothing in the 2 matches so far. But, still you dont boo your own team. Sorry. Rooney is also at fault. What he said was a disgrace and disrespectful to the England supporters. He needs to shut his f***in' mouth and score goals and if he cant do that then send him home. I can imagine how bad hes going to get slammed in the press and on TV.

Regarding the match, I thought Algeria played solid football. They controlled the tempo of the entire match and never gave England a chance to get going. It wasn't just Rooney but their were loads of bad passes and just a sloppy game from England. I understand your all pissed but, Imagine how I feel..

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #145: Jun 19, 2010 02:14:47 am
      God that was poor, wish I'd known the score before I sat down & watched it. Shocking when David James is the best player on the pitch.  The short passing game was awful, but I've seen that in a lot of games so far.  A few players who started that game, shouldn't be starting the next one.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #146: Jun 19, 2010 02:25:44 am
      Im still pissed off.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #147: Jun 19, 2010 02:43:06 am
      All the whoppers booing the players off - no wonder England never look like a 'team'. They're too scared to make a mistake.

Rooney was spot on in my opinion. Second game in to the World Cup and they get booed off after drawing. Just because these players get paid loads of money and are superstars, doesn't mean they WILL be successful.

Get over yourselves.

Three lions on a shirt and ingurland gets spouted about to bits yet when things get tough the boo boys are out in full force. Does my F***ing head in. A lot of England fans are a F***ing joke.

On the football side of things, they were sh*te. But what was the manager playing at, playing Gerrard down the left and persisting with Lampard and Heskey? Two players who REFUSE to take anyone on. The all round play was not including desire or invention but Algeria deserve credit for making things tough in the opposition's half.

I said this to Gow and my old man last night. I don't reckon there has been an England manager who has been able to get an England team playing as a proper 'team' since Bobby Robson.

England need to produce as a team in the last group game. Fans and players alike.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #148: Jun 19, 2010 02:45:39 am
      All the whoppers booing the players off - no wonder England never look like a 'team'. They're too scared to make a mistake.

Rooney was spot on in my opinion. Second game in to the World Cup and they get booed off after drawing. Just because these players get paid loads of money and are superstars, doesn't mean they WILL be successful.

Get over yourselves.

Three lions on a shirt and ingurland gets spouted about to bits yet when things get tough the boo boys are out in full force. Does my f**king head in. A lot of England fans are a f**king joke.

On the football side of things, they were sh*te. But what was the manager playing at, playing Gerrard down the left and persisting with Lampard and Heskey? Two players who REFUSE to take anyone on. The all round play was not including desire or invention but Algeria deserve credit for making things tough in the opposition's half.

I said this to Gow and my old man last night. I don't reckon there has been an England manager who has been able to get an England team playing as a proper 'team' since Bobby Robson.

England need to produce as a team in the last group game. Fans and players alike.

Spot on. +1
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #149: Jun 19, 2010 02:45:59 am
      Oh and by the way. What I said before the game.

Looking forward to this game. So that means England will give another below par performance and struggle to win.

;)

Too much hype, too much expectation = too much pressure.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #150: Jun 19, 2010 02:58:58 am
      I said it before and i'll say it again......

Heskey picked up front - for that reason alone i believe Engerland will struggle.  >:D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #151: Jun 19, 2010 04:15:56 am
      Ive said many things before, and I'll say a few of them again if and when I think of them.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #152: Jun 19, 2010 05:51:17 am
      Another pathetic and disjointed performance by England.

A team full of established regulars at top level, a star studded squad blooming with experience. With this squad that can rival Spain's anytime in my opinion, it probably has the best chance to win the World Cup since 1966. Sadly, it doesn't look like it is going to happen at the rate England are performing.

Gerrard is NOT a left winger. How can you leave your captain to play in a position whereby his strengths cannot be maximised, and then slotting a half-fit Gareth Barry back into the fold immediately after 2 months out? Heskey up front with Rooney? I certainly don't agree with what Capello is thinking. Decisions, decisions.

I have no qualms with the back four. Carragher looked settled alongside Terry and the full backs were inventive going forward. The problem that needs immediate attention is in the middle of the park. There is a big confusion as to what is the best possible combination to suit the characteristics of the England's camp.

If I was Capello, I would have took off Heskey at half-time, Gerrard just behind Rooney, Barry on the left and then Milner down the centre with Lampard. If Capello was more keen on holding up play at the final third of the field, then Crouch would be a better option. His record for England doesn't lie.

Uphill battle for England in the coming days to right the wrongs, the team was just shockingly bad against Algeria yesterday. Could not even dominate possession in the middle of the park and Lampard was just as clueless as Rooney. The players need to step up to the plate in the next game in order to qualify for the knockout stages. A win is absolutely essential.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #153: Jun 19, 2010 05:59:48 am
      Crouch has 21 in 38 (now 39) games for England and is behind Heskey. I wouldn't play two strikers but if Capello wants to, play Crouch instead!

Hart > James. No question.

I don't see why Lennon is there either. They have no width so he can't have any impact.

Barry is not fit for a World Cup team that was apparently one of the favourites.

Should be:

Hart

Johnson   Carragher   Terry    A.Cole

Lennon    Lampard    Carrick    J.Cole

Gerrard
                              Rooney

But Rooney was absolutely F***ing awful. Probably worthy of being dropped and Crouchy playing off Gerrard.

If he keeps the same formation, at least pick two wingers instead of 3 centre mids and a winger all running down the middle.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #154: Jun 19, 2010 06:24:46 am
      England are playing like a bunch of nervous nellies.

What has Capello done to their mindset/confidence?  This is not the same players who waltzed thru qualification.

Maybe Gerrard summed it up when he said  'this was Algeria's world cup final"  meaning we are far superior than them and so they must feel honoured to get a draw out of us.

And the players think they only need go thru the motions and it will happen against these weaker teams.  Well hello, it didnt happen. A collective mindset of preserving yourself for the battles that lie ahead, the battles that by the looks of it wont even arrive because we will be on the plane home with France.

That comment seems to be laughable, considering Algeria looked "technically" a higher class side than England. They played with passion, like a team, and we played like stiff dummies. Our first touch on the ball was dreadful. Nobody was able to beat a man. Every attempt to dribble was ruined by poor touch, and Algeria dispossessed us time and time again.

Ironically, the two best moments came from lennon crosses, and immediately after the second one he was withdrawn. The substitutions were baffling, the tactics equally as dire.  I am not defending lennon, he was just as absent as lampard, barry, rooney, and the rest of them for that matter.

Our world cup final is now  v Slovenia,  so for gods sake get a shrink in that dressing room and sort their heads out.
      England are no world beaters, but I know they can do better than this.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #155: Jun 19, 2010 09:18:08 am
      Oh and by the way. What I said before the game.

Too much hype, too much expectation = too much pressure.

Short paragraph of the facts but true  :mad:. Like i said before a ball was kicked in the World cup, England have no chance of winning and were a false price of 13/2.
      We were terrible tonite, every player on the pitch was sh!te  :-\
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #156: Jun 19, 2010 09:20:35 am
      England is kack!

Way over hyped and rated.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #157: Jun 19, 2010 09:44:40 am
      Englahahahahahahahand. ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #158: Jun 19, 2010 09:47:48 am
      It'll be a sorry year for the English with this and the Ashes in the same year ;)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #159: Jun 19, 2010 09:55:40 am
      Capello has lost it.I don't know why these managers are so adamant.Joe cole has not even featured as a sub.Heskey should have never been to World cup.

Is there a worse player than Heskey playing for any other first-team?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #160: Jun 19, 2010 10:03:30 am
      Even the North Koreans wouldn't want him.

Quick Reply