Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

England 0-0 Algeria (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 19:30 - ITV1

Read 13917 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: England 0-0 Algeria (Gp C) 18 June 2010, 19:30 - ITV1
      Reply #161: Jun 19, 2010 10:29:46 am
      What a shambles that was, some of the players should hang there head in shame.

What was Rooney giving out about the fans for, his performance was embarrasing F**k sake the lad couldn't he control the ball, he spent most of the match tripping over it. Lampard and Barry were a joke, Lampard is great when you are 4-0 up against Burnley.

Please tell me why persists with Heskey ya the lad wins a few headers but F**k me he is years past his best F**k sake he is booed by his own fans at club level.

I think Capello has to take a large part of the blame, England were set up all wrong. What has Joe Cole done to Capello F**k me surely Capello couldn't think Wright phillps is a better option
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #162: Jun 19, 2010 11:10:49 am
      It was again just England being England.

Can't believe Heskey has started both games. He did okay against USA but overall, he's not national and world class material. I think Crouch would probably be a better strike partner for Rooney but I personally prefer it if Gerrard played behind Rooney, supported by Lennon, Cole, Lampard and Barry. Also, Joe Hart as first choice for me any day, even though he lacks the experience.

For players people believe will take England to a successful World Cup, Rooney and Lampard have been almost non-existant so far.

Take nothing away from Algeria. They did well as a team but it was once again a below-par performance from a star-studded England team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #163: Jun 19, 2010 11:15:53 am
      It was again just England being England.

Can't believe Heskey has started both games. He did okay against USA but overall, he's not national and world class material. I think Crouch would probably be a better strike partner for Rooney but I personally prefer it if Gerrard played behind Rooney, supported by Lennon, Cole, Lampard and Barry. Also, Joe Hart as first choice for me any day, even though he lacks the experience.

For players people believe will take England to a successful World Cup, Rooney and Lampard have been almost non-existant so far.

Take nothing away from Algeria. They did well as a team but it was once again a below-par performance from a star-studded England team.

Good post adryan (+) to one i agree with totally. However, don't forget the rest of the team that played sh!te too
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #164: Jun 19, 2010 11:19:44 am
      However, don't forget the rest of the team that played sh!te too

:laugh: Cheers, Keith.

Yeah, the rest of the team were crap too but usually the bigger names get the limelight  ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #165: Jun 19, 2010 12:01:42 pm
      Too much pressure = struggle for success.

Look at Spain, everyone was expecting them to thrash the Swiss and they ended up losing.

Germany were expected to beat Serbia after the performance but didn't.

Worse of all, the pressure the English media and fasn put on our lads makes all the previous look like nothing. Rooney was spot on in what he said.

Anyway it's not the end of the world, a win against Slovenia will do.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #166: Jun 19, 2010 12:10:08 pm
      :laugh: Cheers, Keith.

Yeah, the rest of the team were crap too but usually the bigger names get the limelight  ;D

Then don't forget Gerrard ;D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #167: Jun 19, 2010 12:39:18 pm
      It'll be a sorry year for the English with this and the Ashes in the same year ;)

Ohhhh fighting talk ;)

you won't be saying that during the inevitable England middle order collapse in the last test, making it a whitewash.. oh wait
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #168: Jun 19, 2010 12:51:29 pm
      Just a point I'd like to make regarding Joe Cole.

None of the media seemed to pick up on this and no-one else in the world seemed to pick up on this.

When the England team were getting off their bus to walk into their new hotel in Cape Town on Thursday, I noticed he was limping slightly. I don't know if it was just me that saw it, but he was definitely not walking right. Just another factor to bare in mind.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #169: Jun 19, 2010 12:55:01 pm
      What a typically Turgid display from England, outplayed and outfought by Algeria who showed far more skill & composure on the ball and with a decent striker would have caused a shock, as for playing Gerrard out of position, the mind boggles, Lampard doing his usual Invisible man act, why o why does wright phillips play ahead of Joe Cole, all he does is run up his own ass head down baros impression.Still think Crouch offers more than Heskey, a least he aint got a touch like a bull elephant. And as for Rooney having a go at the fans, perhaps he might think about turning up rather than swanning around for 90mins.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #170: Jun 19, 2010 01:16:56 pm
      Oh dear. Rooney our most important player? F**k off.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #171: Jun 19, 2010 01:55:59 pm
      Its  been said before guise....

England always scrape through the group stages no matter.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #172: Jun 19, 2010 02:32:56 pm
      Algeria ! I Am Algerian And After Last Nights Performance Did Our Nation Proud.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #173: Jun 19, 2010 02:55:53 pm
      Algeria ! I Am Algerian And After Last Nights Performance Did Our Nation Proud.

I thought Algeria deserve some credit for the graft they put in.

(By the way, don't start posting with every letter beginning with a capital latter again, please mate.)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #174: Jun 19, 2010 03:02:57 pm
      Oh sorry about that long time since i posted on here, its a facebook addiction, not sure why i do it.

England are overrated and need to get to gripes with the facts they might not be as good as the supporters and the players think they are.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #175: Jun 19, 2010 03:07:07 pm
      The basic problem is that Capello has picked the wrong 23 players to be in South Africa IMO.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #176: Jun 19, 2010 03:19:08 pm
      Maybe but in my area london and in my school, the supporters feel that england were going to win every game, beat algeria, usa 5-0 but the facts are england have never been that good, until up to this point in my life i have supported england in all the tournaments favoring them over my other country Algeria.

Some england fans and players annoy me for the pure fact that there too cocky and overconfident were as the Algerian supporters do not care wether we win or lose we sing for the team and for the nation, we lost 3-0 to ireland i watched the game we did not boo or moan we embraced the occasion and cheered on our team, and we will do the same no matter what the result on Wednesday not sure i can say the same for England.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #177: Jun 19, 2010 05:42:28 pm
      Oh sorry about that long time since i posted on here, its a facebook addiction, not sure why i do it.

England are overrated and need to get to gripes with the facts they might not be as good as the supporters and the players think they are.

Wow.

We're not overrated, we simply under-perform.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #178: Jun 19, 2010 05:50:41 pm
      After last 's fiasco i'm so happy we never got to sign Barry ! i realise he's been injured but to be so slow and unable to pass a ball ,as for the pressure the England players are under, yes it must be immense, but bear in mind most of these players have and do play champions league football and premier league football regularly ,widely regarded as the hardest league around ,so i can't accept the excuse of pressure being the sole cause of our ineptitude last night,Emile Heskey was a joke last night and should not play again surely? so frustrating to watch our national side play so crap so i can understand the feelings of the crowd in the stadium getting worked up ,everyone likes a win but i could accept a defeat if we played to our full potential ,but we never competed !
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #179: Jun 19, 2010 06:02:26 pm
      This was comedy club football. If i was Capello id be showing this during meal times, every F***ing one of them. Just as a reminder that they owe the fans who travelled thousands of miles and will probably only do this once in their lifetime. They owe them a performance against Slovenia. Win or lose, it doesnt matter. What does, is that they put in a shift and look like they give a sh*t. No matter how much Rooney was sulking, deep down they must have known their was more they could do. This is a good squad. Not a world cup winning one, but it is a good squad. We waltzed through qualifying. So, to suggest they are not good enough to beat (no offence) the US, Algeria and Slovenia is quite frankly laughable.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #180: Jun 19, 2010 06:13:18 pm
      Wow.

We're not overrated, we simply under-perform.

When have england ever played to there potential ? The team now whenever have they come up against strong opposition and played them off the field like they are expected to, i think expectations are too high for England. Thats just my opinion.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #181: Jun 19, 2010 07:08:29 pm
      I thought England were ok against the USA but last night they were terrible.

I think he's got the line up and tactics totally wrong and the fact that an injured Rooney is Englands best hope is laughable.

There are some good players and some great players in that squad but they play like eleven individuals not like a team. If they did gel, this would be their best chance of winning a world cup because on paper they are as strong as any team in the finals.

Players like Lampard (from what Ive seen over the years) have never produced for their country and shouldn't be picked on club reputation.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #182: Jun 19, 2010 09:17:44 pm
      It was purely too much stress and pressure on the team.  We saw it with Liverpool too this year.  When you have a team and the expectations are so high, you tend to look past the talent and whether the team CAN win it. Its also possible that this team just isn't that good.  I'm not taking a shot at your national team, but their are certain issues with them. They just finished a 9 Month league season, plus Champions League and Europa matches and FA Cup matches. These guys are just physically wiped out. How many matches do they play in non WC years? 60+ if your in the CL? You take the actual matches plus travel, plus practices, and commercial and sponsor deals and these guys have to be wiped out and just exhausted.

It doesn't matter how much talent or how many world class players are on one squad, if they cant play as one and play together then they will never succeed. Plus, add in that the players are all professional players with huge salaries, then they adopt the attitude of nothing to lose.  Too them its just a job and success might not be on the top of their list. A lot of professional athletes dont or wont play in these tournaments and Olympics because its too long and effects their physical capabilities.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #183: Jun 20, 2010 01:46:59 pm
      In Englands first match when Heskey was 1on 1 with Howard i thought come on big lad bust the F***ing net,but no, Howard did not even have to move, the ball was passed straight into his arms,he is total sh*te and you have to ask what is going through Cappellos mind picking him.

Capello has lost it.I don't know why these managers are so adamant.Joe cole has not even featured as a sub.Heskey should have never been to World cup.

Is there a worse player than Heskey playing for any other first-team?

Quick Reply