Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.

Read 7729 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Reply #69: Jun 22, 2010 05:02:38 pm
      Which is the saddest truth Debs.

Shocking mate that our beloved club could come to this - and I doubt he will be the last to go, though I'm quite looking forward to watching the academy kids play.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #70: Jun 22, 2010 06:28:56 pm
      Shocking mate that our beloved club could come to this - and I doubt he will be the last to go, though I'm quite looking forward to watching the academy kids play.

It's a double edged sword, isn't it? And no matter which way things fall, we're the losers in this most probably.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Jun 22, 2010 06:46:01 pm
      Thats it.

Sell a player to pay the debt interest.
      Don't you dare put your hand in your pocket you Yank scum.

Be running down to Cash Converters by Christmas...selling Anfield seats?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Jun 22, 2010 08:44:55 pm
      Thats it.

Sell a player to pay the debt interest.
      Don't you dare put your hand in your pocket you Yank scum.

Be running down to Cash Converters by Christmas...selling Anfield seats?

I was actually thinking that last night Euro mate.  I guess when the time comes for us to  move to our new stadium every last little piece of Anfield will be auctioned off. 

Think they did the same at Highbury and with Wembley.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #73: Jun 23, 2010 08:58:38 am
      I just wish any player wanting to move, would come out a say it so we know just where we stand. At least then we might have time to get some replacements lined up!!

I think it's the least they could do for us!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #74: Jun 23, 2010 09:23:14 am
      I agree with the comment that since rafa claimed he was worth 55mill, thats what inter should be made to pay for him.
      Whether that money gets invested in new players or paid off the debt, is besides the point.

If it gets paid off the debt, then surely it reduces the amount the owners would need to sell the club for by 55mill.
      This in turn gives us a better chance of finding a decent owner.

It is more vital than ever, that any players who are sold at this time, are sold for the highest amount possible.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #75: Jun 23, 2010 09:42:28 am
      Like some have said, we need players here who are going to give everything and fight for this club. Anyone who wants out, well theres absolutely no point in having players who dont want to play for Liverpool, F***ing sick of the spoilt attitudes. We are all in this mess together and they should at least stay a season more to put the wrongs of last year right. Masch owes us more than anyone.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #76: Jun 23, 2010 10:38:04 am
      We are all in this mess together and they should at least stay a season more to put the wrongs of last year right. Masch owes us more than anyone.

there's only one way to put the wrongs of last year right and that's the tie the two c**ts who are ruining the club to a barbed wire 20 feet up in the air, dangling from their bollox above the kop so we can throw faeces at them throughout every game.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #77: Jun 23, 2010 11:52:22 am
      there's only one way to put the wrongs of last year right and that's the tie the two c**ts who are ruining the club to a barbed wire 20 feet up in the air, dangling from their bollox above the kop so we can throw faeces at them throughout every game.
      I'd pay big money to do that!! >:D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #78: Jun 23, 2010 12:03:56 pm
      If Benitez is not looking to destroy the club that he spent 6 years with he should buy his gem Aquilani not our best midfielder. He said he wants the guy for 5 f*cking years so he should keep his word and buy it. If he doesn't do it, then he's a f*cking liar!

Hows about fuckoff. Cock.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #79: Jun 24, 2010 03:18:40 pm
      ......but Liverpool need to raise cash to provide their new manager with any chance of competing in the transfer window - and persuading other stars to stay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287744/Javier-Mascheranos-agent-claims-Liverpool-want-offload-Argentine-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz0rNITvaN8

Looks like goodbye Masch then!!!!!

One "small" problem with the above. What if the new manager wants/wanted to keep Mascherano? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if a new manager wanted to build a team around a player like him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #80: Jun 24, 2010 03:22:54 pm
      One "small" problem with the above. What if the new manager wants/wanted to keep Mascherano? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if a new manager wanted to build a team around a player like him.

A fine point.

If we never had owners with amoebas for brains, it would make so much sense.

Such is the nonsense we have to put up with as a side effect of supporting our great club. :-\
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #81: Jun 24, 2010 04:19:45 pm
      Fresh Barca rumours all over the net today.

"Barc I hear you calling, but I can't come home right now, Me and the boys are training for the world cup twenty tennnn. Just a few more weeks and I'll be right home to you, I think I hear them calling, Oh Barc what can I do?"

To the tune of Beth - KISS
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 24, 2010 05:11:11 pm
      Gutted he wants to leave, but at the same time any player who isn't 100% committed to the club shouldn't be here. I understand that Rafa did a lot of Mascherano's career so in that respect I don't blame Macherano for wanting to leave.

I just hope to F***ing god whoever takes over gets the full transfer funds to reinvest in the squad. A decent manager can spread that £30 million pretty nicely over the squad and produce good results.

As much as I miss Benitez the one thing he never seemed to get right was big transfers. Sure he had his fair share of gems (Alonso, Torres) but at the same time he did have his fair share of duds. I just hope whoever comes in can really bag us a few quality players on an Alonso-level.

Quick Reply