Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Ricardo Quaresma (Internazionale -> Chelsea [Loan])

Read 37781 times
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Ricardo Quaresma (Internazionale -> Chelsea [Loan])
      Jun 20, 2007 10:12:03 am
      A lot of people obviously know about Quaresma, so I found this video and thought he has skills is quick and scores great goals and has a spark to get the crowd excited when he has the ball so thought add share my view and ask what you think of him and would he be good in the Priemiership.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x4ho_alexlyon8_football/video/xrspq_magic-quaresma-by-al8/1
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2009 07:36:02 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Title changed »
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
      Reply #1: Jun 20, 2007 10:51:23 am
      Absoluteley! He would add bite and flair to our attack and the fans would love him.

Wonder why nobody else has tried to sign him.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Jun 20, 2007 11:11:09 am
      Does anyone on here watch the Portugese league? I don't so I can't really give an opinion on him.

He looks good on the highlights clip, but you can't really judge anything by that. The whole point of these clips is that they are highlights, the best things a player's done, and don't show any of the rubbish stuff players do. FFS El Hadji Diouf could look world class on a highlights clip (probably Houllier's scouting source) as he did have a couple of moments of sublime skill, but having watched him we all know he was sh*te. I'm not saying Quaresma is sh*te, so far I've only heard good things about him, but I haven't heard from anyone who's actually watched him play regularly. Can anyone give an informed opinion on him?
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #3: Jun 20, 2007 11:11:35 am
      what realistickly is his price and ruff wages and how old is he?
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 20, 2007 11:32:17 am
      I would say his price tag would be similar to that of Nani or Simoa .........he would be a very very good signing for us!!!!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2007 11:35:26 am
      he would be a very very good signing for us!!!!!

Why? Have you seen him play? If you have can you tell us a bit more about him.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2007 11:52:15 am
      Quaresma is top notch. I wonder why no one ham bid for him. He can add some bite to our blunt attack only if he improvises like c. ronaldo, combining pace with skill
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2007 12:01:19 pm
      Once again I will ask, HAS ANYONE SEEN HIM PLAY?
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2007 12:13:24 pm
      Once again I will ask, HAS ANYONE SEEN HIM PLAY?
      I think, Eddie, the answer to that is   er    NO  its another punt and a hope because there's nothing on the little yellow Sky Bar to say "weeeeere offffff" !

Its very frustrating for all, to have no one in yet and patience is lacking after the good vibes from George etc   We should have a competition, pick the date of the first "official" signing, who it will be and how much (that way, lots of people who can't stand the wait and keep annoying YOU with their what if's will have a topic all their own)

Can you fix it Jim?

All the best

DH
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2007 12:14:57 pm
      I know Eddie, no one is answering your question!

I don't think anyone has.  Who's got time for the Portuguese League?  No disrespect to it, but it's only got two 'decent' sides in it.  Porto & Sporting Lisbon.  I think this is another pointless topic.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2007 12:26:11 pm
      I have seen him play many times but dont watch every game caus Im too busy watching premship and rugby. Seen enough to tell you that he is class and eats defenders for breakfast.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2007 11:53:40 pm
      I know Eddie, no one is answering your question!

I don't think anyone has.  Who's got time for the Portuguese League?  No disrespect to it, but it's only got two 'decent' sides in it.  Porto & Sporting Lisbon.  I think this is another pointless topic.

what about benfica?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #12: Jun 21, 2007 05:17:18 am
      he's a class player...id love 2 see him in a red shirt....we havnt had a class winger in years...not since steve mcmanaman did liverpool have a fast paced winger able to dribble players and score goals...
      only, quaresma has flare and excitement!!!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Jun 21, 2007 09:27:35 am
      I haven't really seen him play but reading up on him I've rooted a few things out...

He has been often criticized for his lack of defensive skills, often leaving the rest of the team to it. Also, when Porto won the league in 2004-2005, he finished top of the assist charts which can't be bad!  ;) Inter fancy him as Figo's replacement, along with Atletico, Lyon, Chelsea and our good selves.  ;D

If he came over here, that dislike for defending would have to be sorted out, as no-one likes a lazy f**ker! Of the videos I've seen, he does look like he can get a cross in when it's needed and he can take people on too! A Christiano Ronaldo wouldn't be too bad in our side as we need some quality from the flanks!
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #14: Jun 21, 2007 10:54:17 pm
      going from his reputation he sounds good , yet the lack of stonecold interest is not a good sign as scouts obviously must see a flaw in his game (probs his defending). Although he is an exciting prospect to be signing i would much rather bid for either ribery, simao or malouda as these players seem more established as quality wingers.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2007 01:56:17 am
      Apparently now we have Fernando Torres signed and sealed, the times online says we are after Ricardo Quaresma classy palyer !

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/liverpool/article2028699.ece

he intense pressure that comes with being Liverpool’s record signing may have claimed plenty of victims, but Fernando Torres seemed only too happy to raise expectations yesterday, the Spain striker boldly announcing that he could be the man finally to end the club’s long wait for the league title.

Having signed a six-year contract worth ÂŁ90,000 a week hours after flying in from Madrid, Torres was presented amid much fanfare at Anfield and spoke of his desire to follow in the footsteps of such legendary figures as Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler.

The Times can reveal the full story behind the ÂŁ20.2 million transfer that eclipses Liverpool’s previous record outlay of ÂŁ14.2 million for Djibril CissĂ©, whose No 9 shirt Torres inherits, although the deal is only likely to be the first of several eye-catching signings by Rafael BenĂ­tez as the manager seeks to end the club’s 17-year wait for the championship.

BenĂ­tez is also in the hunt for a new winger, possibly two, and the indications from Portugal last night were that Ricardo Quaresma, of FC Porto, could fit the bill. Liverpool are said to have had a ÂŁ13.5 million bid for the 23-year-old Portugal winger turned playmaker rejected, although a slightly improved offer could be enough to persuade the Portuguese club to sell.

Alessandro Mancini, of AS Roma, and Yossi Benayoun, the West Ham United midfield player, are also thought to be targets, while the manager is also hoping to force through a deal for Gabriel Heinze, the Argentina defender, even though Manchester United appear reluctant to sell him to their fiercest rivals.

Yesterday was all about Torres, though, and the 23-year-old forward is adamant that he can succeed where others such as Cissé, Stan Collymore and Fernando Morientes have failed.

“I’m convinced it’s the right decision and hopefully this will be the year where things happen quickly and we win trophies and things turn out well personally for me,” Torres, whose sale sparked demonstrations by angry supporters in Madrid, said.

“I’m aware that the expectations are really high and that people are very keen to see me score lots of goals, but I’m just as keen to fulfil all their hopes and desires and I’m confident that I will have the necessary ammunition. I’m playing in a top side and that gives me the confidence to be positive about the challenge.

“I don’t have any fear of this responsibility and it’s not something that worries me unduly. I know that with hard work you can overcome the pressure and reach your targets reasonably well.

“The fact that they have given me the legendary No 9 shirt that has been worn by so many great players shows they have confidence in me and that brings great responsibility.”

Torres had been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and was the subject of a firm inquiry from Old Trafford last summer, but he insists that Liverpool was the only club for which he was prepared to leave Madrid.

“It was a great opportunity. It’s true I have had offers in the past, but this is the very first time I’ve asked AtlĂ©tico to listen to any of those offers,” he said. “This is the first time I have been tempted to leave.

“Liverpool are a massive club and they could literally approach anyone in the world of football, so to approach me was very special.”
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007 10:20:08 pm by Jabba, Reason: Title changed to correct format - article included in to post. »
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2007 02:54:16 am
      i would definatley have quaresma..not too sure abount mancini i dont think he'll adapt to premiership....although he woud be excelent in the champions league........we can do alot better than yossi benayon...hes a good player but not LFC quality....we already have wingers better than benayoun.

we stil have 20+ milion to spend so i thinkthere is at least one big signing left
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2007 05:57:01 am
      i would take quaresma over any winger on offer at the moment...he is pure class....hes an amazing talent....
      p.s-  and how true would this rumor be??
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2007 07:35:23 am
      Quaresma would be a great signing for us, my only reservation is that - would back track to help the midfield or defence out ????? Are there any other wingers out there apart from Quaresma, Simao, Mancini, SWP etc who we could go for as an alternative?????
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2007 01:20:40 pm
      From the looks of him against Arsenal in the champions league this year-i would love him to sign. But is anyone else getting the impression that he is too much like the mancs ronaldo in that he dives etc.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #20: Jul 05, 2007 02:05:04 pm
      i just read that we've had a ÂŁ13.5 million bid rejected but that porto would sell for ÂŁ15 million. i think he'd be great i love the way he uses the out side of his boot' he can play both on the left and the right he'd cause havoc.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Jul 05, 2007 02:11:54 pm
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #22: Jul 05, 2007 02:26:13 pm
      the same rick parry who said it was nonsense that robbie fowler would be coming back to liverrpool.

Quick Reply