Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ricardo Quaresma (Internazionale -> Chelsea [Loan])

Read 37776 times
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Re: Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
      Reply #253: Jun 21, 2008 04:31:53 am
      You're not the only one with the same personal opinion mate ;)
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #254: Jun 21, 2008 04:34:22 am
      You're not the only one with the same personal opinion mate ;)

Good to know I'm not the only that thinks this!
      joker88
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #255: Aug 21, 2008 08:01:04 pm
      Liverpool in the race for quaresma----------- http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=147160   ;D ;D ;D

translation :    
      20 million pounds (25.5 million) is the small fortune that the English press says can be reserved for the gypsy. Inter Milan will not be surprised ...

Ricardo Quaresma is the name that most often has been written in newspapers over the past two months. - There are emerging, one of these days, any one study, those who almost surprised us to say that. Goes for for Inter, is in the FC Porto, worth 40 million euros least one euro, Real Madrid put themselves in history, Mourinho says yes, then says no, in typical Portuguese coach when someone wants to much.

And now there is Liverpool, to shuffle the accounts and ignite further the theme, which is increasingly a serious risk to those reports, since time is of speculation, counter-information and deliberate confusion and taste the interests of each a ... The British press put it yesterday among the targets of Rafael Benitez, and two publications speak to prospects for supply of around 20 million pounds, about 25.5 million, still short of what the FC Porto want, but , To    
      stimulate the war of nerves as Inter, an undeniable good offer ... if confirmed, as appropriate. It is true that the English press, as superficial as combative, the places on the route from Anfield.
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2008 08:21:54 pm by joker88 »
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #256: Aug 21, 2008 08:10:05 pm
      Did not understand any of that :D
      joker88
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #257: Aug 21, 2008 08:23:24 pm
      Did not understand any of that :D
      google translation
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #258: Aug 21, 2008 09:18:40 pm
      Basically, it has been rumoured on an italian site we have offered/or are offering 26 million euros (£20.5 million) for Ricardo Quaresma. Porto apparently want him buyout clause which is 40 miilion euros (around £33-35 million). Someone on RAWK posted it and now everyone i going on a mad i like quaresma/ i hate quaresma kinda thing. So basically, we arent getting quaresma (i can see porto selling him for less than 40 million euros) but apparently have or will make an offer and im sure this will pan out the same as before, we want him wont get him due to too small an offer.

Make of it what you will, i like him but wont get my hopes up, im still expecting us not to sign a winger before the window shuts unfortunately.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #259: Aug 21, 2008 09:52:17 pm
      I love Quaresma as a player... but is he right for us... i dont no
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #260: Aug 21, 2008 09:59:33 pm
      I think the majority of users on here dont want him, he wont come anyway though i can guarantee that.

I would be extremely shocked if he came here.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #261: Aug 21, 2008 10:00:47 pm
      I think the majority of users on here dont want him, he wont come anyway though I can guarantee that.

I would be extremely shocked if he came here.

Yea same here, but ive been shocked before :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #262: Aug 21, 2008 10:27:06 pm
      Rafa gives up on Barry and turns to Portugal's Harry Potter to give Liverpool extra width

Liverpool have been linked with a move for a wing wizard nicknamed Harry Potter as they look for alternatives to signing Gareth Barry.

Rafael Benitez is weighing up a bid for Porto star Ricardo Quaresma, but the Anfield club face competition from Italian champions Inter Milan.

Benitez has become frustrated by the protracted move for versatile Villa midfielder Barry and is considering other options to strengthen his left flank.

Liverpool have also been linked with moves for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and Espanyol's Albert Riera.

But Quaresma may prove as difficult to sign as Barry after Porto put a prohibitive £31.7million price tag on the Portugal international.

Inter boss Jose Mourinho has been told to raise his £13.5m bid, while Liverpool are said to be willing to go no higher than £20m for the 24-year-old.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #263: Aug 21, 2008 10:30:13 pm
      Very interesting indeed... i really dont mind if he comes in but can he play LW?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #264: Aug 21, 2008 10:32:02 pm
      I think with Barry deal falling out where going to be linked with any wide player out there on the market. So I am not holding my breath on this one.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #265: Aug 21, 2008 10:59:13 pm
      Very interesting indeed... I really dont mind if he comes in but can he play LW?

Indeed he can, right footed but he can deliver inswinging crosses with his right foot from the left wing, its pretty amazing. He scores goals with it (the trivela) too.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #266: Aug 21, 2008 11:10:24 pm
      Indeed he can, right footed but he can deliver inswinging crosses with his right foot from the left wing, its pretty amazing. He scores goals with it (the trivela) too.

Cant say i'd be dissapointed if he came in... but then again alot of people would be. I have faith in rafa though, i think he can get Quaresma to be more a team player and also show moments of brilliance
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #267: Aug 21, 2008 11:15:29 pm
      Cant say I'd be dissapointed if he came in... but then again alot of people would be. I have faith in rafa though, I think he can get Quaresma to be more a team player and also show moments of brilliance

Yeah same. I think he would do well under rafa.

Lets see how this pans out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #268: Aug 21, 2008 11:26:04 pm
      i honestly would love to see him sign, IMO he is as good as Ronaldo but because of the league he's in he just does'nt get as much attention.
      I cant see it happening though, i htink we would be priced out of a move for him
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #269: Aug 21, 2008 11:29:14 pm
      I honestly would love to see him sign, IMO he is as good as Ronaldo but because of the league he's in he just does'nt get as much attention.
      I cant see it happening though, I htink we would be priced out of a move for him

Thats the problem when we keep going after clubs best players... but if we dont that causes another problem... Oo my head hurts :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #270: Aug 22, 2008 11:48:00 am
      31 million eh? Ribery instead anyone? They said it would be 30 million pounds should we want him, much wiser investment in my eyes. Plus, Ribery can pass AND score while Quaresma is a hit and miss with scoring and his passing is non existant.

Ribery plays and left and right with ease so thats where i'd put my money instead. Quaresma doesnt track back either while Ribery does, Quarsema wont improve while Ribery can but if Rafa can turn him into a team player then maybe.

Just found this too which will help the trashy media conjur up some sort of tosh as to when, how and how much he will sign:

Inter End Quarsema Interest

Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has signalled an end to his club's attempts to sign FC Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma.

The 25-year-old Portugal international had been targeted as a key recruit by Inter earlier in the summer, but the Italian champions have been forced to change tactics due to injuries among their defensive ranks.

Moratti told Sky Italia: "I don't think we will be returning to the market. I don't believe Jose Mourinho intends to sign anyone else.

"We have plenty of faith in the players at our disposal and I hope that those who are injured manage to recover.

"Quaresma? We have plenty of options going forward and I don't think that he will arrive.

"If anything we would need defenders because they are our problem now."

Quaresma has been with Porto for four seasons, having previously played for Barcelona and Sporting Clube de Portugal.

http://www.football.co.uk/inter_milan/inter_end_quaresma_interest_269119.shtml
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #271: Aug 22, 2008 11:49:39 am
      Well if inter are out... then we cant be out bidded at least...
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #272: Aug 22, 2008 04:04:25 pm
      Well if inter are out... then we cant be out bidded at least...

we'll just get priced out instead ufortunately
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #273: Aug 22, 2008 05:04:47 pm
      31 million eh? Ribery instead anyone? They said it would be 30 million pounds should we want him, much wiser investment in my eyes. Plus, Ribery can pass AND score while Quaresma is a hit and miss with scoring and his passing is non existant.

Ribery plays and left and right with ease so thats where i'd put my money instead. Quaresma doesnt track back either while Ribery does, Quarsema wont improve while Ribery can but if Rafa can turn him into a team player then maybe.

I've been wanting him for a while! ;D I'll be honest and say that I can't compare him to Quaresma, who is a player I haven't seen as I don't watch much footy besides Liverpool. Ribery, however, is a player I've seen a bit of since his Marseille days and I've always been extremely impressed by him. He is one of the few foreign players I would say I was certain would fit into the fast pace and physical demands of the Premiership.

He has tremendous talent, pace and determination - all qualities loved by Rafa (and Liverpool fans ;)). A match-winner, adaptable, I can't think of enough compliments for him! I definitely think he would look good in Red! ;)
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #274: Aug 22, 2008 05:19:37 pm
      He has tremendous talent, pace and determination - all qualities loved by Rafa (and Liverpool fans ;)). A match-winner, adaptable, I can't think of enough compliments for him! I definitely think he would look good in Red! ;)

He plays in red for Bayern. :P

I would love to see Quaresma at Anfield but I just think hes too pricey, but in modern day football, who isnt?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #275: Aug 22, 2008 05:39:32 pm

And for those slow on the uptake I'll try it another way - He'd look good with a Liverbird on his shirt!

;)

Quick Reply