Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ricardo Quaresma (Internazionale -> Chelsea [Loan])

Read 37777 times
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Re: Ricardo Quaresma (FC Porto)
      Reply #276: Aug 22, 2008 09:55:31 pm
      He plays in red for Bayern. :P

I would love to see Quaresma at Anfield but I just think hes too pricey, but in modern day football, who isnt?

13m euros for Downing and 20m for Quaresma.
      Who would you choose?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #277: Aug 22, 2008 10:01:44 pm
      Porto dropped their demands by almost half

A snippet from talkaloadofbull.com
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=829539

I would have posted the rest but alot of it was about Inter and seeing as they have apparently dropped interet then there was no point posting it all.

Go on Rafa, go and sign him ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #278: Aug 22, 2008 10:20:43 pm
      31 million eh? Ribery instead anyone? They said it would be 30 million pounds should we want him, much wiser investment in my eyes. Plus, Ribery can pass AND score while Quaresma is a hit and miss with scoring and his passing is non existant.

Ribery plays and left and right with ease so thats where I'd put my money instead. Quaresma doesnt track back either while Ribery does, Quarsema wont improve while Ribery can but if Rafa can turn him into a team player then maybe.

Just found this too which will help the trashy media conjur up some sort of tosh as to when, how and how much he will sign:

Inter End Quarsema Interest

Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has signalled an end to his club's attempts to sign FC Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma.

The 25-year-old Portugal international had been targeted as a key recruit by Inter earlier in the summer, but the Italian champions have been forced to change tactics due to injuries among their defensive ranks.

Moratti told Sky Italia: "I don't think we will be returning to the market. I don't believe Jose Mourinho intends to sign anyone else.

"We have plenty of faith in the players at our disposal and I hope that those who are injured manage to recover.

"Quaresma? We have plenty of options going forward and I don't think that he will arrive.

"If anything we would need defenders because they are our problem now."

Quaresma has been with Porto for four seasons, having previously played for Barcelona and Sporting Clube de Portugal.

http://www.football.co.uk/inter_milan/inter_end_quaresma_interest_269119.shtml

I would like ribery but he unlike quaresma, isnt ready to move clubs. Quaresma's passing and shooting isnt lacking atall he is one of the best shooters in world football when he does go for goal instead of passing. He does track back, the theory he doesnt is a band wagon myth that people jump on as a criticism of him (not saying you've jumped on a bandwagon by the way). He showed numerous times against us that he tracks back when he ran the length of the pitch to get the ball from the player he had lost in from a few times in the game. The reason he doesnt do it as much as people think he should for porto and in the past for portugal is orders, he does often get told to stay forward as he is a match winner and the plan can often be (in portos case) get the ball to quaresma.

The only criticisms i think are realistic of quaresma are that his tackling isnt the best and that at times he can be overconfident/ ambitious in games and some games things dont go right for him. £31 million is too much for almost anyone in world football right now, but if they would agree to £20 million, we would be insane not to take them up on it. He has bad points but the good outweigh the bad, he has things we need to e.g. great shooting, crossing, an eye for a good pass, spots the goalie off his line, and one thing we need, he has confidence and belief in himself but not to the extent that its disrespectful to teammates and opposition.

£31 million no way, £20 million every day of the week. He's a matchwinner and a genuine winger, we need both right now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #279: Aug 22, 2008 10:28:08 pm
      Quaresma would bring something new to the premiership and that would be scoring from such tight angles with the outside of his foot  (pure class)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #280: Aug 22, 2008 10:29:42 pm
      Quaresma would bring something new to the premiership and that would be scoring from such tight angles with the outside of his foot  (pure class)

Gotta love it. The reason i think we should get him mainly is his creativity, his crosses and shots with the outside of his foot are pretty accurate too. Would love to see him on the left and babel on the right, with torres keane and gerrard through the middle. Imagine the pace in the side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #281: Aug 22, 2008 10:32:06 pm
      Gotta love it. The reason I think we should get him mainly is his creativity, his crosses and shots with the outside of his foot are pretty accurate too. Would love to see him on the left and babel on the right, with torres keane and gerrard through the middle. Imagine the pace in the side.

That could well be the most lethal quartet in the world, and the quickest. Just thinking about how much of a good thing signing Quaresma would be makes me just want to go and tell Rafa to go and get him or i will :D
      When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5 
      Reply #282: Aug 22, 2008 10:46:27 pm
      Quaresma will be Liverpool "Ronaldo" :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #283: Aug 22, 2008 10:51:50 pm

i think he is just as good as Ronaldo maybe even better. He has just as many skills and is more succesful when he does them, he is more of a team player and he can score from impossible angles. He is just in an unkown league compared to Premiership, La Liga and Serie A so therefore very little is seen of him where as Ronaldo is on T.V worldwide most weeks
      RedArmy96
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts | -1 
      • What we achieve in life, Echoes in eternity
      Reply #284: Aug 22, 2008 11:23:16 pm
      Would be a great signing, but how many times have we been linked with him!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #285: Aug 23, 2008 12:04:18 am
      Would be a great signing, but how many times have we been linked with him!

I started the rumors... and im not taking the piss about when i was in 2nd year i told everyone we were about to sign this guy Quaresma who i saw on youtube :lmao: and it spread across my school untill everyone knew who Quaresma was, obviously it may not be the same rumor now... but i started the "Quaresma Craze" ::)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #286: Aug 24, 2008 09:55:50 am
      I think he is just as good as Ronaldo maybe even better. He has just as many skills and is more succesful when he does them, he is more of a team player and he can score from impossible angles. He is just in an unkown league compared to Premiership, La Liga and Serie A so therefore very little is seen of him where as Ronaldo is on T.V worldwide most weeks

Only thing i agree with is that he has just as many skills, he is no way near as successful with them however. He isnt a team player but he is a tad better than Ronaldo.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #287: Aug 25, 2008 03:22:28 am
      Quote from: talkaloadofbull.com (I know, not the best source)
      Liverpool join Quaresma race.

Internazionale have been in negotiations to sign the skilful wideman all summer, and it was even, wrongly, reported last month that the transfer had been completed.

However, over the past few weeks talk about a transfer had died down, with Inter unprepared to pay the reported €40m that Porto were demanding.

Earlier this week it was reported in the Italian press that the transfer could be back on after Porto dropped their demands by almost half, and Inter upped their own offer from €17m to €20m.

However, the Corriere dello Sport today claims that the Italian champions now face competition from Premiership giants Liverpool, who have entered the race for Quaresma late in the day.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez wants to make one exciting signing before the end of the transfer window on August 31, and he has now almost given up on primary target Gareth Barry. Instead he will now move for Quaresma, a player he admires greatly, and has been linked with in the past.

Quaresma is desperate to leave Porto, and last week was left out of the squad for the Supercup match against Sporting Lisbon, despite not being injured.

The 25-year-old has won 23 caps for Portugal, and was part of his country’s Euro 2008 squad.

There you have it. If it's from there it must be true. In any case it belongs here with the rest of the speculation - I wouldn't be disappointed if we did sign him.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #288: Aug 25, 2008 05:21:35 am

Not interested in having a new Ronaldo. I don't wish to tolerate a player sulking for not being able to leave the club for the glamour clubs of Real Madrid or Barcelona, and Quasimodo's handling of himself at Porto at the moment just shows that he is capable of doing so.

And I detest show boating players.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #289: Aug 25, 2008 11:27:33 pm
      will never happen, He hates to be compared to Ronaldo, what he will be if he ends up here by the media, 7 days a week. He will always be in shadow of ronaldo. So to Inter he goes, which is a good thing for us :)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #290: Aug 25, 2008 11:36:28 pm
      will never happen, He hates to be compared to Ronaldo, what he will be if he ends up here by the media, 7 days a week. He will always be in shadow of ronaldo. So to Inter he goes, which is a good thing for us :)

Inter dont want him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #291: Aug 25, 2008 11:42:21 pm
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #292: Aug 25, 2008 11:52:41 pm

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has admitted that Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Ricardo Quaresma.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #293: Aug 26, 2008 12:09:50 am
      Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has admitted that Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Ricardo Quaresma.

:O news to me. Hmmm I think that people who say he doesnt buy players with a bad attitude, as many are saying, both rafa does and quaresma has. Need to look no further than Bellamy and Pennant the 2 "bad boys" of english footaball. So if rafa doesnt sign him... it wont be vecause he doesnt have the right attitude, he maybe just doesnt want a player like quaresma in the current team, not a person like quaresma
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #294: Aug 26, 2008 12:14:48 am
      :O news to me. Hmmm I think that people who say he doesnt buy players with a bad attitude, as many are saying, both rafa does and quaresma has. Need to look no further than Bellamy and Pennant the 2 "bad boys" of english footaball. So if rafa doesnt sign him... it wont be vecause he doesnt have the right attitude, he maybe just doesnt want a player like quaresma in the current team, not a person like quaresma

Or cant afford him
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #295: Aug 26, 2008 12:15:57 am

Thought his price was slashed?, maybe thats still 20mill mind you
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #296: Aug 26, 2008 12:18:47 am
      Thought his price was slashed?, maybe thats still 20mill mind you

but its not just his transfer fee that gets taken into consideration, its the amount of his wages and bonuses etc
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #297: Aug 26, 2008 12:20:26 am
      but its not just his transfer fee that gets taken into consideration, its the amount of his wages and bonuses etc

Yea good point, i keep forgetting about how tight our budget is >:(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #298: Aug 26, 2008 12:21:46 am
      Yea good point, I keep forgetting about how tight our budget is >:(

Its so tight that it squeaks :laugh:

Quick Reply