Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Germany 4-1 England (Last 16) 27th June 3pm

Read 25102 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Germany 4-1 England (Last 16) 27th June 3pm
      Reply #368: Jun 28, 2010 12:38:00 pm
      1. 18:23  Lampard strikes a free kick into the German wall from 30 yards out....clearly thomas mueller moves his arm towards the ball to block it.......nothing given by the official ?

Oh what a load of horse sh*t. If that is given a penalty then the referees would of been slagged off even more!

Van der Vaart conceded a penalty against Cameroon for putting his arm up from a free kick because his arm was away from his body. Muller's arm was against his chest.

No F***ing way that was a penalty.

Yet again some of the English take a loss to heart, can't admit defeat and make excuses. Maybe if they realised how sh*t they were they'd be able to identify their weaknesses and be a strong team.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #369: Jun 28, 2010 01:15:25 pm
      Im glad we are out because every time I saw Capello I kept having flashbacks to a Sunday afternoon TV game show.

Jim ‘Great smashing super’ Bowen had a fling with Dot Cotton from Eastenders whilst holidaying in Rimini and nine months later.

+  =

England players: Well we have had a lovely day Fabio but if you don’t mind we will not gamble for the star prize and just take the money instead.
      Fabio: Great, smashing, super well lets take a look at what you could have won!

To be honest I didn’t give England a hope of achieving much at this World Cup once Capello announced who had made his final squad for the Holiday to South Africa, players who had endured bad seasons at their clubs and had even played out relegation dog fights where picked alongside the same tired old faces who still don’t turn in a decent International performance no matter how many times this and every other manager has felt the need fit to pick them.

Capello should have tried to find different options months ago, new players and a plan B where a must if we wanted to progress to the latter stages, but he found neither and we have paid the price for once again not being progressive and forward thinking when it comes to the world stage.

A rigid 4-4-2 is English in style but how often do our players actually play it anymore? And if you are going to play it you certainly don’t have Rooney up front with Heskey in support because no matter how much Rooney is praised and lauded as the saviour of our nation he is not an out and out forward even if he did have a good scoring record for the Mancs last season.

Shearer, Owen and Lineker are what I would call free scoring forwards and I could have seen Rooney being a magnificent partner for any of those three players as the burden of leading the line is removed from him and he would be free to roam and just one look at the goal scoring record for England tells you we where never going to score many goals with Heskey and Rooney up front and although it was later rectified by employing Defoe in place of Heskey Wayne had long since let his mind wander to the plane journey back home.

Jermaine is what I would call a goal scorer but to then take Rooney, Heskey and Crouch as well was negative in the extreme and surely Bent would have been a better option than either Heskey or Crouch.

The midfield options had a similar look to them as Capello refused to try anything new and the same old line up appeared game after game, Gerrard played mostly inside against the USA scored a goal and had a good game Capello is obviously unhappy at this because against Algeria Stevie is glued to the left flank unable to influence the game or get involved in his promising partnership with Rooney and so all our creativity is left in the boots of Barry and Lampard. Why didn’t we take a winger out there? I would have loved to have seen Adam Johnson given a go, a natural winger who could have gone out to the left side and released Gerrard to other duties, yes Johnson is young and inexperienced but lets be honest is he anymore inexperienced than Germanys rising star Mesut Oezil? He is 21 years old and only has 14 caps but he is fast becoming one of the stars of the tournament.

Defensively I thought we where doomed before a ball was kicked, two of our keepers play for clubs that struggled all season but they where again played ahead of a keeper who had the best season by far of the three but was again overlooked because of his inexperience, then why the bloody hell did we take him? ???

The back four positions where often just as bemusing and to see King, Upson and even our own Carra start games whilst Dawson could only watch on was frankly unreal, King is injury prone in the extreme, Upson makes Titus Bramble look like Beckenbauer and as upsetting as it is to admit Carra’s days are numbered at Liverpool so what Capello thought he could do at international level I don’t know.

I’m not one for getting on the ‘sack the manager’ bandwagon but, who picked the squad? Who picks the team? Who organises the tactics? Who motivates the team? Who has to make snap in game decisions?

Capello is second to none at club management level but guiding England through qualifying against a goat herders eleven and some of the ‘Stan’ teams only to explode the minute we meet some quality clearly indicates to me he is not up to the job and I hope and pray that he is now sacked and they instead install Roy Hodgson, a man who knows English players very well, a man who knows and understands the English mentality but most importantly a man who’s coming here unless we can palm him off to the FA first. ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,994 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #370: Jun 28, 2010 01:19:19 pm

Yet again some of the English take a loss to heart, can't admit defeat and make excuses. Maybe if they realised how sh*t they were they'd be able to identify their weaknesses and be a strong team.

Not often i agree with you but i do on this  :-\. What i can't work out is how so many talented players get together for the English side yet don't nit together  :mad:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #371: Jun 28, 2010 01:21:19 pm
      Not often I agree with you but I do on this  :-\. What I can't work out is how so many talented players get together for the English side yet don't nit together  :mad:

Maybe they are only talented because they play with very talented foreign players at club level?

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #372: Jun 28, 2010 01:33:55 pm
      Maybe they are only talented because they play with very talented foreign players at club level?

But the players in question are often the focal points in their team - i.e; Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Milner.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #373: Jun 28, 2010 01:50:01 pm
      But the players in question are often the focal points in their team - I.e; Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Milner.

Gerrard doesn't play on the left at LFC and has Argentina's Captain in midfield not Gareth Barry, if he looks forward its Torres hes looking for not Heskey,Crouch or Defoe.

Lampard plays with better players at Chelsea who do his dirty work so he can go wandering around having pot shots from all over the place.

All I'm trying to say is we do have some very good individual players but if you really think they are going to translate that form to an International game when we have so many average players alongside them you are mistaken, i mean Terry had James in goal behind him and Upson alongside him, hardly world beaters i think you would agree.

The media and blind passion are responsible for building the England team up into something they aren't even close to and instead of just slating the players and managers failings at this world cup a deeper scrutiny is needed of the F.A. and what they intend doing to help develop good English talent because lately i have seen nothing that makes me hopeful for the future and places like Lilleshall seem to ineffective in the modern game.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #374: Jun 28, 2010 01:54:02 pm
      When I look at England, you have some very good allround players. Players who are very good in many many aspects. However, you don't seem to have a player who has extraordinary technical skill. Someone like Messi, Kaka, Robben, Ozil, Sneijder, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Robinho , even Ozil and Alexis Sanchez. Those kind of players are very unpredictable and can be decisive on this level in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but then tell me, who does England have that belongs in the same category?
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #375: Jun 28, 2010 02:32:24 pm
      When I look at England, you have some very good allround players. Players who are very good in many many aspects. However, you don't seem to have a player who has extraordinary technical skill. Someone like Messi, Kaka, Robben, Ozil, Sneijder, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Robinho , even Ozil and Alexis Sanchez. Those kind of players are very unpredictable and can be decisive on this level in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but then tell me, who does England have that belongs in the same category?
      I think that J.Cole and maybe Lennon. They aren't just like them, but they can surely make things happen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #376: Jun 28, 2010 03:49:06 pm

Was going to say Joe Cole until Ov3rdose beat me to it :D

I dont think many in England would of chosen Hart as 3rd choice, or King starting the first game or Cole wasted on the bench as well as Lennon to an extent.

Hart

Johnson   Terry   Carragher   A.Cole

Carrick

Gerrard      Lampard

Lennon                         J.Cole

Rooney

Is playing to their strengths. But obviously once Rooney was a dud after the second game, i would of put Defoe or Crouch.

Capello did a Verbeek, in my opinion. Got to the big stage and then mucked it up. But he shouldn't lose his job over it.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #377: Jun 28, 2010 11:25:10 pm
      I got awfully confused which side some of our players were on! Barry ,who we were trying to sign last season (thank god we didn't )was so slow and his passing was abysmal,Upson and Terry ..were these really the best central defenders we could muster? Rooney ? must hope this form continues the next prem season cos he was crap !all in all i would never pick any of this team again ! Argentina have a team of world class players ..we don't even have a team !
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #378: Jun 30, 2010 07:00:11 pm
      Oh what a load of horse sh*t. If that is given a penalty then the referees would of been slagged off even more!

Van der Vaart conceded a penalty against Cameroon for putting his arm up from a free kick because his arm was away from his body. Muller's arm was against his chest.

No f**king way that was a penalty.

Firstly, Harry Kewell did not move his arm towards the ball, but conceded a penalty and a red card. That was an even worse decision when you consider that it was in normal play, and not even on a free kick where the wall are expecting the ball to be drilled in their direction. The German moves his arm downwards towards the ball and in my opinion it is worse than the Kewell situation.

Secondly, my post was not a list of excuses, but rather a list of critical things that occurred in the match, and from the list you can see England got no help from the officials.  If you do not understand how football matches can change on the basis of what decisions are made to impact the score, then you obviously dont really understand football.

I do not think that England are world beaters, and I do understand our weaknesses.

We are good enough that we could have beaten the Germans, and gone one step further in this tournament.
      We are not good enough that we could have beaten the Germans with such shocking refereeing to overcome.

With England pressing forward to chase an equaliser, something we never should have had to do, we were always going to be vulnerable to the counter attack, something the Germans do very well.

The germans last two goals were scored under circumstances that NEVER should have existed.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #379: Jun 30, 2010 07:07:00 pm
      Bloody hell lads, you Aussies and English, get a grip you could be from Wales, we don't qualify for anything, oops sorry housing benefit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #380: Jul 01, 2010 11:26:57 am
      Firstly, Harry Kewell did not move his arm towards the ball, but conceded a penalty and a red card. That was an even worse decision when you consider that it was in normal play, and not even on a free kick where the wall are expecting the ball to be drilled in their direction. The German moves his arm downwards towards the ball and in my opinion it is worse than the Kewell situation.

Kewell had to be sent-off because the shot which hit him on the arm was on target, a goalscoring chance, therefore the referee would of seen it and rightly had to send Harry off.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #381: Jul 01, 2010 12:16:39 pm
      Bloody hell lads, you Aussies and English, get a grip you could be from Wales, we don't qualify for anything, oops sorry housing benefit.

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #382: Jul 01, 2010 01:21:22 pm
      England just don't play as a team as well as others.

The Germany players looked very, very confident whenever they get the ball but not England. There is no fluidity or even communication.

The Lampard strike was a goal and it was disgraceful that it was not given. 2-2 would definitely have changed the game but England doesn't deserve a draw even. Just like I've said before, England does not need the referee "to make the calls" if they had turned up.

Quick Reply