Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Paper Aeroplane Idea

Read 9493 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Paper Aeroplane Idea
      Jun 28, 2010 10:24:39 am
      This is appearing across Liverpool Forums.

May be quite a good idea

A few have suggested that this protest idea was worth exploring in its own thread:

It appears that Purslow , our MD, is becoming a little irritated by our desire to communicate with him. Well here is an idea.

Instead of posting all these letters and sending e mails which get junked why not write what you think of G&H, Purslow, and indeed anyone else that annoys you in the Boardroom  on an A4 sheet of paper? Then, at the first home game of the season (which will no doubt be televised)that sheet of paper should be converted into a paper aeroplane .

The game is very conveniently signalled to start by the referees whistle, which should then be the cue for everyone within “flying” distance of the Directors and Press Boxes to fly their planes made up of your “message”  in their direction. Those in the other stands can simply “fly” them onto the pitch.

This has lots of potential:

1.It is fun.

2. It is non violent.

3.Flying paper aeroplanes is not an offence.

4. the Directors box and Press box will be covered with paper aeroplanes containing our respective “messages”.

5. A4 sheets of paper and a pen are not prohibited items at Anfield – ask the press boys.

6. The referees whistle actually co-ordinates the “attack” , I mean fly-past.

7.The games start may need to be delayed for a few minutes, but not postponed or abandoned if enough aeroplanes from other stands land on the pitch.

8. The protest would be beamed around the world.

9. It would be effective even if it were just a few thousand paper aeroplanes (SOS membership). But I happen to suspect that the Kop is the home of thousands of paper aeroplane enthusiasts who would be eager to see the sight of thousands of aeroplanes launched simultaneously fom the Kop at the signal of the referees whistle.......

10. Repeat at every televised home game for maximum publicity!

Of course G&H would try to ban “paper aeroplane throwing” which would be even more ridiculous gaining us even more publicity as we “Fight to defend our right to fly paper aeroplanes” – whose directional flight it is notoriously difficult to control!

Bombarding the directors Box and Press Box in this way would certainly get the message through, and would be exquisitely embarrassing for them to explain. And with several weeks to organise there is loads of time to generate publicity and get the word out – and it doesn’t hurt the team or manager.

Having Martin Tyler's Monkey announce that the start to the game was being delayed while protest letters from fans to the Board were being cleared off the pitch would be sublime
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010 03:31:49 pm by JD »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Paper Aeroplane Idea (RAWK)
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2010 01:08:15 pm
      Thats actually a very good idea IMO, I can also imagine the press getting hold of one or two of these Aeroplanes and the fans view being made clear by the media the following day.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2010 01:11:26 pm
      i like this idea....+1 navynick
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2010 01:32:44 pm
      Thats a great idea. It is sure to generate some publicity. However, for those who are boycotting the games, what could they do?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2010 01:39:09 pm
      Thats a great idea. It is sure to generate some publicity. However, for those who are boycotting the games, what could they do?

Hand someone they know going a piece of paper with what they want to say and that person then throws more than one?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2010 01:41:56 pm
      Hand someone they know going a piece of paper with what they want to say and that person then throws more than one?

I know what you mean but if you only have 30,000 people throwing 2 peices of paper on the piutch, i think it would be more effective if 30,000 throw one peice and then the rest of those boycotting the games to do something on the outside ???
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2010 01:42:25 pm
      Great idea. But the Yanks aren't going to care because you've paid for your ticket to get into the stadium, possibly bought a pie and a large Coke, a programme, etc.

While the visual concept and the publicity is all good, you may as well fold up a ÂŁ20 note in to an aeroplane and throw that at them because they're not arsed what we do as long as they're getting their money.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2010 01:44:44 pm
      Great idea. But the Yanks aren't going to care because you've paid for your ticket to get into the stadium, possibly bought a pie and a large Coke, a programme, etc.

While the visual concept and the publicity is all good, you may as well fold up a ÂŁ20 note in to an aeroplane and throw that at them because they're not arsed what we do as long as they're getting their money.

Out of interest mate, are you boycotting the games?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2010 01:45:09 pm
      No, sorry.

The only effective way, for me, to get publicity and stunt the owners is to boycott everything - including games.

How can games be boycotted if people are sitting in the stadium quite happily throwing paper aeroplanes with angry messages written on them?

This idea, in my opinion, is ineffective and a waste of time and resources.

An empty stadium is the only thing that will make the owners stop and think.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2010 01:46:40 pm
      Are we not suppose to be boycotting games?

If your gonna go to the games it would be much better invading the pitch and have a sit in or even better turn your back on the game.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2010 01:47:33 pm
      Out of interest mate, are you boycotting the games?

Of course I am.

I feel that hitting them in the pocket is the only way of forcing their hands. Publicity and visual displays of protest are all well and good, but the Yanks only care about money at the end of it all.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2010 01:57:07 pm
      I know what you mean but if you only have 30,000 people throwing 2 peices of paper on the piutch, I think it would be more effective if 30,000 throw one peice and then the rest of those boycotting the games to do something on the outside ???

Or that yeah :) You going to boycott or attend?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2010 01:58:42 pm
      Are we not suppose to be boycotting games?

If your gonna go to the games it would be much better invading the pitch and have a sit in or even better turn your back on the game.

That aint a bad idea. Imagine the whole KOP running onto the pitch and facing the directors boxes chanting against the yanks ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2010 01:59:45 pm
      I'm boycotting everything..however I feel that if people do still want to attend whether that be because they have paid x amount of pounds for their season ticket what ever, its still a good idea in terms of a visual protest that will gain media coverage.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2010 02:02:42 pm

This
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2010 02:07:41 pm
      One thing I will add about the boycott say for instance we go the first 8 games of teh season unbeaten  and playing fantastic football, how many people are going to stick to their guns ?

Maybe they will still feel the same about Tom & George, but maybe just maybe the love of the team and the football and the chance to see them performing will be too heavy a temptation to resist for some.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2010 02:49:20 pm
      It's a good idea, but as good an idea as boycotting.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2010 03:31:31 pm
      Unfortunately I'm not good enough at making paper aeroplanes to be able to throw it over the Kop from my position of being outside the ground and not paying a penny more.

I'm sure with the lack of apathy amongst some supporters they will probably make paper aeroplanes out of ÂŁ20 notes and throw them on to the pitch.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: Paper Aeroplane Idea
      Reply #18: Jun 28, 2010 07:07:53 pm
      I'm a champion at paper-plane making. ;D
      My teachers know that, have done it so many times in their periods at school. :P
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #19: Jun 28, 2010 07:38:16 pm
      still think boycotten the games a good idea, but like our balloon drama, my bad luck my plane would go onto the pitch and take the eye out of a player.don't think the owners will be at many games this season.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:yanks out
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #20: Jun 28, 2010 09:12:03 pm
      The only flaw in that is the fact you're paying G&H&P to throw a piece of paper at them, that they won't even take notice of.

A full boycott is the only way really. But how many people are going to give up their season tickets that they've had and waited for, for years? Liverpool will continue to sell tickets. Maybe the real fans will all boycott the games, but those tickets will just be sold to idiots who don't understand the ramifications of buying tickets and merchandise.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jun 28, 2010 09:22:41 pm
      No games. End of.

Unless we fly a real plane in to Hicks' and Gillett's house, then no sorry.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Jun 28, 2010 09:32:03 pm
      Id prefer an RPG in the direction of the directors box to be honest.
      I really cant understate how much I hate where these c**ts have us right now.
      Bent over a barrel and asking us to pay for the pleasure.
      I for one say

Not a penny more
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #23: Jun 28, 2010 09:35:36 pm
      You'd be better off throwing bricks at the yanks.

NOT A PENNY MORE.

Full boycott. All games. All merchandise.

Hit them where they're arsed - their pockets.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Jun 28, 2010 10:52:25 pm
      I'm boycotting the games as well. However that is easy for me to do since I haven't been for nearly 2 years :P

Paper aeroplanes... hmm dodgy ground IMO. SKY will probably report we are taunting the munich air disaster  :roll:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #25: Jun 29, 2010 12:26:00 am
      Who keeps coming up with these shithouse publicity stunts?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #26: Jun 29, 2010 08:25:08 am
      Morons.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Jun 29, 2010 09:04:24 am
      Shithouses with money (and paper) to burn.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,072 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Jun 29, 2010 02:16:34 pm
      Cracking idea bar 1 thing....arent we wanting the games boycotted!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #29: Jun 29, 2010 02:48:44 pm
      Why be arsed anymore?

Everyone else doesn't seem so bothered anymore, the new shirt is a record seller apparently and I've seen plenty of people walking around in it and I'm not just talking about kids.

What has happened to good old scouse, militant anger, even the July 4th event has been bastardised.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #30: Jun 29, 2010 03:08:30 pm
      Or that yeah :) You going to boycott or attend?

Originally,  I wasn't for boycotting the games. But, as things have progressed, it seems the only available option. I will certainly be watching the games on TV though.

In saying that, i am moving to Liverpool from Belfast, in September. I don't get to many games as it is. Only around 5 a season. I worry about whether, given the amount of available tickets, whether i would be tempted to attend. I suppose i could always go up to the Albert or somewhere and watch it in their.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: Jul 04, 2010 01:43:10 am
      No disrespect but paper aeroplane my arse.On-field protests have proven to be useless,as more than half the attendees,don't even know what the protests are about.Turn your'e Aeroplaine idea into one mother f*cker of a playne,that can circle Anfield,with anti-American slogans.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #32: Jul 04, 2010 01:57:09 am
      Sounds like a good idea!
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #33: Jul 08, 2010 12:11:50 am
      very funny idea would have been better if it had been thought of before the boycott.

the boycott will be enough to gain publicity, I'm sure Sky/ESPN will not be happy to be televising our games with no crowd.

NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #34: Jul 08, 2010 09:53:33 am
      We could hirer a light aircraft and stuff ith paper aeroplanes and then fly over the game and unleash hell on the fuckers
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35: Jul 11, 2010 09:24:37 am
      At first glace this seems a clever idea, at least on paper (sic).

But as said if we Boycott the game, who the hell is launch the Paper Aeroplanes, or is there going to be collateral damage and the launchers doing for the greater good? No.

Has anyone been practicing flying these things?, which Origami style is to be used? How far will they fly, in my youth, 20ft/6m was a good effort. What will the wind direction be? If carried out the only thing this will do is give the poor bugger who sweeps up more work.

May I suggest this link, http://www.paperairplanes.co.uk/planes.php
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #36: Jul 11, 2010 11:56:39 am
      For those of you who will be going the game, can't be arsed carrying paper, but do have an iPhone - I have the solution > Link

Yes, that's right, an app for making paper aeroplanes. Problem solved. Just get this and throw your iPhone onto the pitch.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #37: Jul 11, 2010 12:57:25 pm
      Maybe toilet rolls with H&G=sh*te written over it will be better option, easier to get some decent velocity behind it too.  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #38: Jul 11, 2010 04:59:31 pm
      For those of you who will be going the game, can't be arsed carrying paper, but do have an iPhone - I have the solution > Link

Yes, that's right, an app for making paper aeroplanes. Problem solved. Just get this and throw your iPhone onto the pitch.

Does it give you instructions on how to make one with a ÂŁ20 note. :f_tongueincheek:

Not a Penny More
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2010 06:31:29 pm by Reslivo, Reason: You put .com, it is .net! ;) »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #39: Jul 24, 2010 11:11:36 pm
      As Ricky Thomlinson would say paper planes my arse
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2010 12:00:55 am
      IMO publicity is the best way of getting H&G out of our club. I think this idea is great because it will get attention. It will certainly get more attention than a failed boycott!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2010 12:02:20 am
      As Ricky Thomlinson would say paper planes my arse
      Or as I would say it, NOT A PENNY MORE until those Yank bas**rds have gone.

Quick Reply