Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Roy Hodgson - Former LFC Manager

Read 145686 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Roy Hodgson - New Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1679: Jan 06, 2011 12:28:42 pm
      The fans kept saying   ..... WE CAN"T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!! WE CAN"T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!! WE CAN"T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!! But NESV CAN. >:(
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7165 
      Reply #1680: Jan 07, 2011 09:31:11 pm
      Well as this is the only thread now where we can mention Roy i wonder how he will sleep tonight. The fans hate him, the players dont respond to him and the owners just dont know what to do with him.
      just to the honourable thing and resign.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1681: Jan 07, 2011 09:33:36 pm
      Cmon Woy, we all believe in you!! Its not to late to change things.

Oh wait it is, your sh*te.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1682: Jan 07, 2011 09:43:07 pm
      How F***ing embarrasing for him, he had to be protected from the media by the club, that is farcial has the man no F***ing dignity at all because it looks at the moments as if NESV don't want to make a decision
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1683: Jan 07, 2011 10:16:03 pm
      How f**king embarrasing for him, he had to be protected from the media by the club, that is farcial has the man no f**king dignity at all because it looks at the moments as if NESV don't want to make a decision

If they are waiting to appoint Kenny as caretaker, as we all hope, then it makes sense to wait until he is in the country...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1684: Jan 07, 2011 10:17:47 pm
      If Roy came out and said "I failed, it was too big a job for me, I hereby resign" - like Estelle Morris - I'd have a lot more respect for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #1685: Jan 07, 2011 10:19:56 pm
      How F***ing embarrasing for him, he had to be protected from the media by the club, that is farcial has the man no F***ing dignity at all because it looks at the moments as if NESV don't want to make a decision

Especially when the other managers under fire like Ancelotti, Grant and Houllier all faced the press today.

One utter shitbag is the owl!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #1686: Jan 07, 2011 10:27:32 pm
      How f**king embarrassing for him, he had to be protected from the media by the club, that is farcial has the man no f**king dignity at all because it looks at the moments as if NESV don't want to make a decision

Especially when the other managers under fire like Ancelotti, Grant and Houllier all faced the press today.

One utter shitbag is the owl!

Again shows a lack of class from Hodgson and is a totally wrong decision by whoever made it.

If someone in the club cancelled the press conference then it just shows he is not going to continue and if Roy himself cancelled it could show that he himself knows he is out of his depth and unable to answer the questions put to him about his position.

Also Ancelotti, Grant and Gerard have all done their interviews today when they have received far more criticism from the press than Roy has all season long. Hodgson seems to be the only manager out of the four under pressure who is immune from criticism from most sections of the media.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1687: Jan 07, 2011 11:19:44 pm
      Again shows a lack of class from Hodgson and is a totally wrong decision by whoever made it.

If someone in the club cancelled the press conference then it just shows he is not going to continue and if Roy himself cancelled it could show that he himself knows he is out of his depth and unable to answer the questions put to him about his position.

Also Ancelotti, Grant and Gerard have all done their interviews today when they have received far more criticism from the press than Roy has all season long. Hodgson seems to be the only manager out of the four under pressure who is immune from criticism from most sections of the media.

All alien managers get a rough ride from the british media but trhe the way hodgson has been backed by his freindlies in the media shows one thing that he has no back bone,something that i noticed about his posture.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1688: Jan 07, 2011 11:25:01 pm
      If Roy came out and said "I failed, it was too big a job for me, I hereby resign" - like Estelle Morris - I'd have a lot more respect for him.

He won't though - he's still whining about how hard done by he was at Blackburn, even after all these years.

It'll be the same with us - he'll go on TV or in the papers, dropping bits of poison about the fans, the players, the owners, anyone except him and his over inflated ego and sense of self worth.

Then the xenophobic british media will pick it up, and use it as a stick to beat our club and the next manager with.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1689: Jan 07, 2011 11:27:55 pm
      Ya agree srs why was it our manager that hadn't the balls the face the media, the other 3 managers had no problems.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1690: Jan 07, 2011 11:32:00 pm
      He won't though - he's still whining about how hard done by he was at Blackburn, even after all these years.

It'll be the same with us - he'll go on TV or in the papers, dropping bits of poison about the fans, the players, the owners, anyone except him and his over inflated ego and sense of self worth.

Then the xenophobic british media will pick it up, and use it as a stick to beat our club and the next manager with.

That's why I'm wondering if the supposed sticking point/legal issue is the implementation of a gagging order.  Hope NESV at least try to implement one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1691: Jan 07, 2011 11:41:31 pm
      Encapsulates dignity and the lack of the same.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1692: Jan 07, 2011 11:49:02 pm
      The wimp is a coward.

He has run out of bullsh*t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #1693: Jan 08, 2011 12:01:58 am
      Ya agree srs why was it our manager that hadn't the balls the face the media, the other 3 managers had no problems.

He either didn't have the balls mate of he was told not to by the owners as the wheels may already be in motion to replace him.

If the owners have decided to replace him and he will be gone after Sundays game I still have a bit of a problem with how they have handled it as I don't see any difference going into the game with Sammy Lee taking the team as with Roy taking the team knowing he is already sacked.

Time will tell but as far as I'm concerned you are either sacked or your not and a manager who knows he is going to be replaced is useless to us and I know Roy has been as close to useless as you can get for us but you know what I mean!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1694: Jan 08, 2011 12:09:47 am
      IRWT..... but Roy's R are W.. it's IWWT - In w**ker We Trust..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2872 
      Reply #1695: Jan 08, 2011 02:15:58 am
      I'm embarassed that Roy couldn't go out and face the media.

Look at Avram Grant. Doing sh*te with West Ham but went out their and did the job. Fair play to the man.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #1696: Jan 08, 2011 06:01:18 am
      All alien managers get a rough ride from the british media but trhe the way hodgson has been backed by his freindlies in the media shows one thing that he has no back bone,something that i noticed about his posture.

Not all, Mourinho was F***ing loved by the cu*ts because he gave them enough comments to fill their copy with.

And the media have already got their next fall guy after Rafa and their just waiting for Man City to F**k up so they can stick the knife into Mancini.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1697: Jan 08, 2011 09:41:19 am
      Remarkably quiet given the full media snub yesterday. Wonder will it be this quiet when Roy is relieved of duty
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1698: Jan 08, 2011 09:43:36 am

. ...and he'll continue to do so as long as his 'peers' feed his inflated, delusional, ego. Take his L.M.A. award; Hodgson actually takes pride in the award rather than see it for what it was - a patronising, 'sympathy F**k'.

To be honest if one looks at his award last year; it was rather insulting to both Fulham and it's players - "you are piss-poor but didn't your gaffer do well to get you to a final". There were managers who, as the evidence shows, produced more and achieved greater; Ancelotti, at Chavski, won the double for F**k's sake.

Hodgson's Fulham finished in the bottom half of the table with a minus goal difference and with only one away win. Hardly a great achievement and not meriting the League Managers Association award.

I'm sure a man with such " terrific" "experience and performance level" should have no problems walking into a top job when he gets the chop here. Although, i'll be honest, I can't see how consistent, mediocrity can ever be defined as "terrific".

Could it be that Slur Alex too was merely patronising the 'nice old man'?  

The thing is; Roy's delusions of grandeur won't let him see it that way. >:D

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011 10:15:53 am by bad boy bubby »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1699: Jan 08, 2011 10:12:58 am
      It's absolutely pathetic.

I really can't stand him. He genuinely thinks his 35 years of experience makes him able to turn things when there are no signs in his 6 months in charge that his 35 years experience is a benefit to us. He thinks it makes him one of England's best managers!! Sorry Roy, this is Liverpool FC.

And how obvious it is he gets away from the slaughtering Rafa used to get. Clearly shows the media's agenda against Rafa and Liverpool.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1700: Jan 08, 2011 11:08:42 am
      Just hearing on SSN, he's left!!!

Mutual consent.

Thank god!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876