Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE

Read 23478 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE
      Jul 01, 2010 10:36:56 am
      After a number of forum votes it was decided to push a direct action campaign to give a large section of Liverpool fans a voice.

The majority of posters on the forum felt that a total withdrawal of financial support from handing money directly to Liverpool FC was the clearest message they would understand.

The consensus from the fans was that the current action suggested by SOS did not go far enough.

As a result the

Not a Penny More campaign was created.

Until the owners are gone supporters of the campaign

1. Will Boycott Anfield tickets for Liverpool FC fixtures in the Premier League, European games and domestic cup competitions
      2. Will Boycott all purchases from the Liverpool FC Official Stores and Official Liverpool FC Online Store
      3. Will not renew our All Red Membership

A website has been launched in a draft form to begin to spread the message.

www.notapennymore.net

This thread will be used for discussion about the campaign and to assist those who want to get involved.
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010 08:30:10 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2010 10:40:37 am
      Forum users on this and other sites looking for a small graphic signature can insert this in to their profile signature.

Code: [Select]
      [url=http://www.notapennymore.net][img]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7429/example3.jpg[/img][/url]
      For users and forums that have text-only signatures we suggest

Code: [Select]
      [url=http://www.notapennymore.net][b]Not A Penny More[/b] - Direct action to remove Hicks and Gillett[/url]
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2010 10:49:14 am by CRK »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2010 10:48:37 am
      I joined the twitter campaign because I don't have facebook.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2010 12:24:42 pm
      This message needs to be hammered home now.

The only way we are going to have a direct effect on their exit strategy from our club is by hitting them in the pockets. Protests, email campaigns, paper aeroplanes. They're all good for drumming up publicity but ultimately, Hicks and Gillett only care about money. And we need to strangle their supply.

Not a Penny More.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2010 12:26:28 pm
      I joined the twitter campaign because I don't have facebook.
      Good stuff.

It's obvious that not everyone has Facebook OR Twitter but it was an easy start to make to give people on those services a chance to show their support.

Does anybody have a list of Liverpool FC's official club sponsors and partners?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2010 12:29:38 pm
      Does anybody have a list of Liverpool FC's official club sponsors and partners?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/corporate/partners
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jul 01, 2010 02:43:14 pm
      Great stuff.

I've just added the sig.

I was going to add it to my profile on two band forums but it's probably pointless having it there.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 01, 2010 02:46:21 pm
      Nice one Ross.

We need to get this message around now. I'm sure our new sponsors would be thrilled to hear about our plan on the day of their unveiling too. ;)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Jul 01, 2010 02:50:49 pm
      Fitting day to officially unveil this.

I shall be boycotting all of the clubs official partners too.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2010 03:03:29 pm
      How does it work if you buy something from a partner of the club?

Does that mean if i bought a carlsberg or a Lucozade, the club would get a small % of the sale?

Looking at the list of partners, they can all be avoided easily - Buy stella, not Carlsberg (it's nicer anyway). Buy powerade, not Lucozade. Use one of the hundreds of other bet sites other than Bet188. Goodyear or Michelinn, not Maxxis tyres. Any bank other than bank of America. You catch my drift.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2010 03:07:36 pm

Does that mean if i bought a carlsberg or a Lucozade, the club would get a small % of the sale?

Looking at the list of partners, they can all be avoided easily - Buy stella, not Carlsberg (it's nicer anyway). Buy powerade, not Lucozade. Use one of the hundreds of other bet sites other than Bet188. Goodyear or Michelinn, not Maxxis tyres. Any bank other than bank of America. You catch my drift.

Let's be honest, not buying partners products isn't going to make one little bit of difference. I don't think it would matter anyway - I think the partners pay Liverpool a sum of money probably annually so that the club places their logo etc.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #11: Jul 01, 2010 03:10:52 pm
      Let's be honest, not buying partners products isn't going to make one little bit of difference. I don't think it would matter anyway - I think the partners pay Liverpool a sum of money probably annually so that the club places their logo etc.

That sounds right that.

It probably isn't based on sales, just a fee they pay every year to be an official partner.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #12: Jul 01, 2010 03:27:48 pm

I'm just confused about shirt sales to be honest and I don't think that this has been properly thought through.

•Do not use the official online club store to purchase your new shirt. Use another retailer instead.

All official merchandise where ever bought carries a hefty royalty that goes to the club. Sure there's also a retail mark up at the club shop but that doesn't mean if you buy your shirt elsewhere that you're not passing money directly into the coffers of Hicks/Gillett/Purslime.

Boycott new shirt sales completely.

Wear your old shirts to show your support for the club and the boycott.

That's what I'll be doing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Jul 01, 2010 04:14:58 pm
      If you buy a shirt from the official club store the club takes the retail profit.

If you buy a shirt from an independent retailer the retailer takes the retail profit.

Adidas pays a large sum of money, money already paid to the club in terms of a kit sponsorship deal.  This money has been paid.

Liverpool sell hundreds of thousands, if not millions of shirts worldwide.  We do not believe that recommending a full shirt ban is either

a) likely to receive even 0.1% support
      b) possible to hurt the owners at all in the pockets.

I don't believe we should be arguing about whether or not the club get £1 or £2 from a shirt bought from a retailer or not when people continue to pump £40 a week in via purchasing a ticket.

If people don't want to buy the shirt at all then great - that's up to them.  But to be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty small beer and a waste of time.

Boycott Anfield until the owners are gone
      Boycott the official club stores
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: Jul 01, 2010 05:33:00 pm

Maybe, maybe not.  But if you use any of these products & email the company to say you won't be any more, until the two leeches that own our club are gone and if enough people do it.  Obviously it's not just H&G killing then club, it's our own fans apathy aswell.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #15: Jul 01, 2010 10:36:13 pm
      Signed up to the new FB page.

Let's do this.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2010 10:51:24 pm
      I'm in. Ross, put it on your band forums mate. It's spreading the word and will get the campaign noticed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2010 01:52:05 am
      I emailed all the Reds i could that i know that aren't on here the sig because i know they are on various forums, be it music or whatever. Up to them whether they use the sig or not but hopefully they will and hopefully they will spread the message too!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Jul 02, 2010 01:54:43 am
      I'm in. Ross, put it on your band forums mate. It's spreading the word and will get the campaign noticed.

Suppose so mate yeah. I'll add it now.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #19: Jul 02, 2010 12:19:23 pm
      I keep thinking I've posted about 15 million times in a row because of these signatures!

Good to see that so many people are using it though.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Jul 03, 2010 12:17:28 am
      An idea milling around my head is that those who choose not to boycott can add their protests by hiding all the advertising around the pitch with banners, sheets, posters anything that can be written on with 'Yanks out',  'Not A Penny More' and any other slogan that gets the message across, Companies/Businesses pay for advertising space within the ground but if they are being constantly hidden it's possible the could withdraw, Thru time, I would doubt they(stewards) could stop us because if they tried we could just replace the slogans with normal stuff and still hide the adverts.  What do you think?
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #21: Jul 03, 2010 05:11:11 pm

Does that mean if I bought a carlsberg or a Lucozade, the club would get a small % of the sale?

I've swapped lucozade with cherryade already. Count me in lads.
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2010 12:52:19 pm
      Thanks for the link for the sig, I have added it now to show my support, as you can probably guess by my profile name I do not live in Liverpool so boycotting home matches is not something I can really do, but wanna show my solidarity and support for all my LFC brothers, and if not buying the new shirt (my old one still fits thankyou ;) and using the signature and posting here helps then it is the least I can do. YNWA

Quick Reply