Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE

Read 23481 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: The LFC Campaign: NOT A PENNY MORE
      Reply #23: Jul 04, 2010 01:05:33 pm
      The only thing I'll give Tom & George at this moment in time is the steam from my sh*te and I'd be very reluctant to give them that.
      LFZ2004
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 04, 2010 07:11:15 pm
      Great idea, links posted on my website and blog
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Jul 06, 2010 12:48:34 am
      After being at the St. Georges Hall S.O.S Rally on Sunday, I was quite surprised to see how many people were wearing the new Liverpool shirt  >:( I'm quite certain a lot of people have no idea just how much we are being ground down as a football club, these will be the people who will be moaning in year 2012 wondering were our club has disappeared to, and why?

We need to educate these people and fast, it's all well and good us doing our little bit on this and other websites, but there are hundreds, millions even of Liverpool fans who don't use the internet and are ignorant of our plight to 'save our club'

Could we get some leaflets printed, with some basic info on them to explain what is happening to our club,  stand oustside the club shop, although I'm sure you'd be moved on within minutes? Stickers made with 'Not a penny more' printed on them? Anything that catches people's attention.

I would be willing to stand outside Anfield on match days and hand these out, and to contribute financially to support this.

Who's with me?

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Jul 06, 2010 07:24:43 am
      After being at the St. Georges Hall S.O.S Rally on Sunday, I was quite surprised to see how many people were wearing the new Liverpool shirt  >:( I'm quite certain a lot of people have no idea just how much we are being ground down as a football club, these will be the people who will be moaning in year 2012 wondering were our club has disappeared to, and why?

We need to educate these people and fast, it's all well and good us doing our little bit on this and other websites, but there are hundreds, millions even of Liverpool fans who don't use the internet and are ignorant of our plight to 'save our club'

Could we get some leaflets printed, with some basic info on them to explain what is happening to our club,  stand oustside the club shop, although I'm sure you'd be moved on within minutes? Stickers made with 'Not a penny more' printed on them? Anything that catches people's attention.

I would be willing to stand outside Anfield on match days and hand these out, and to contribute financially to support this.

Who's with me?

I too being an OOT am sensing a lot of frustration. Being so far away from Anfield it is difficult to be directly involved in the protests, marches and boycotts but we as sure as hell are more than able to support the boycott of the purchase of merchandise whether that be from the club store on line or third party resellers. The thing that really pisses me off is that a lot of people are so oblivious and ignorant to our club situation they have started forking out $100's on new kits and club merchandise. As an example I play for a footy team consisting of two squads some 38 players registered a good dozen are supposed Liverpool fans and they have no idea about the boycott's or protests and about half a dozen have purchased the new and think the world is at peace with Rafa's departure.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #27: Jul 06, 2010 11:11:21 am
      A nice debt ticker has been added to the site.

Now you too can watch our hard earned money going down the toilet.

http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.html
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #28: Jul 06, 2010 12:37:12 pm
      A nice debt ticker has been added to the site.

Now you too can watch our hard earned money going down the toilet.

http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.html

Thats scary. 
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #29: Jul 06, 2010 01:29:19 pm
      With a heavy heart I am joining this campaign. I know its the right thing to do but will miss the match-day experience we all know and love.
      I will not be going to any more games or renewing my membership at all until they are gone.
      I have worked out that if its £35 a ticket, I will not be giving the 2 "Septics" about £1000 of my hard earned money.
      I have already got the home shirt unfortunately before I had heard of the campaign but will not sink any more money directly to the club.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: Jul 06, 2010 02:11:46 pm
      Good stuff Alsmal.

That debt ticker is frightening. We need them gone.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #31: Jul 06, 2010 02:26:38 pm
      £110,545,000 paid in interest.

Or 5 and a half Nando's.

Keep up the campaign - let's reset that counter to zero by getting rid of the owners.

I have already got the home shirt unfortunately before I had heard of the campaign but will not sink any more money directly to the club.

No worries.  The campaign is about not handing a single penny direct to Liverpool FC.  Some people want to avoid buying the shirt full stop.  But as far as I'm concerned a total shirt ban is unlikely to work.  Besides, we want as many fans on board as possible, so buying it from an independent retailer is a far more positive action.

Some people are shouting from the rooftops about not buying ANY shirt - however many of these will still go the game.  It's almost unbelievable irony.

Attending ONE match is the equivalent of buying roughly FIFTY shirts from an independent retailer because Liverpool FC have already been paid their 'shirt sponsorship' deal by adidas.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Jul 06, 2010 03:26:23 pm
      Just been posting the Facebook group all over other LFC related groups on there. I keep posting it on the official LFC facebook's updates.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #33: Jul 06, 2010 03:48:19 pm
      Top promoting.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Jul 06, 2010 03:53:40 pm

We've gone from 203 'Likes' to 221 since ;).
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #35: Jul 06, 2010 03:57:59 pm
      Just me, or is anyone else going to feel a slight dislike towards any "fans" that turn up to games?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Jul 06, 2010 03:59:52 pm
      Just me, or is anyone else going to feel a slight dislike towards any "fans" that turn up to games?

I'll give season ticket holders a break, unless they are asked to boycott specific games, but anyone getting tickets on a game by game basis, deserve an earful.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: Jul 06, 2010 04:02:13 pm

I saw someone posting on the LFC facebook page "All I need is a ticket to the Arsenal game now!" and I immediately thought 'FFS!'.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #38: Jul 06, 2010 04:09:01 pm
      Going to get some right F***ing idiots. Sigh.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #39: Jul 06, 2010 04:17:57 pm
      You think posting it on the SOS facebook wall will help, or will they just get rid of it?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #40: Jul 06, 2010 04:18:44 pm

Not quite yet. First and foremost, many may not have heard about the boycott. Also, some may have heard about the boycott but disagree with it. For example some may believe that more can be done inside the ground than by standing outside of it. I disagree, but respect the opinion.

If someone knows about the campaign but ignores it because they have the chance to get a ticket now that others are boycotting... then I share your disgust.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 06, 2010 04:21:16 pm
      That debt counter is F***ing scary! Shouldn't be legal what these yanks are doing!

Ya, I'm in another country and I'm feeling frustrated towards ignorant Liverpool supporters that will blindly go to games blissfully unaware of how our club is going down the shi**er!

NOT A PENNY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #42: Jul 06, 2010 04:22:44 pm
      You think posting it on the SOS facebook wall will help, or will they just get rid of it?

I'd say go for it.

If they get rid, they're gimps.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: Jul 06, 2010 04:25:13 pm
      Posted. But it will only appear in the 'others filter'.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #44: Jul 06, 2010 04:43:11 pm
      That debt counter is f**king scary! Shouldn't be legal what these yanks are doing!
      It's a scary number.

I'm convinced you couldn't actually physically burn £20 notes faster.  If anyone is rich enough to try it out with a match and a £20 note please post your video! ;)
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #45: Jul 06, 2010 04:55:32 pm
      I just posted the campaign website on the 4 biggest Liverpool fanpages I could find on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=553513672&v=box_3#!/LiverpoolFC?ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=553513672&v=box_3#!/pages/liverpool-fc/32735206019?ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=553513672&v=box_3#!/pages/Liverpool-United-Kingdom/Liverpool-Football-Club/13368163972?ref=ts&ajaxpipe=1&__a=38

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=553513672&v=box_3#!/pages/LIVERPOOL-FOOTBALL-CLUB/25120224520?ref=ts

Quick Reply