Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Disturbing News

Read 2917 times
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Disturbing News
      May 27, 2006 03:09:00 pm
      According to craptalk.com we don't have the money to make any significant moves in the transfer market as i had suspected for a while.

This makes me angry. What are Parry and Moores doing? Where is the investment? And why the hell can't we compete with Newcastle and Spurs in the transfer market?????????

If Alonso leaves it will be a terrible blow for the club.
      andy b
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #1: May 27, 2006 05:47:16 pm
      Dont understand either, finished third in the prem, full gates all season and there's bound to be player's being sold through out the summer, come on board, sort it out. :?
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Disturbing News
      Reply #2: May 27, 2006 05:59:38 pm
      what a sec lpool have gone for a few players?? wot u talkin bout!
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #3: May 27, 2006 06:23:24 pm
      Liverpool haven't gone for anyone yet, what are you talking about? I'm a bit worried. I think there could be a lot of dissapointed fans.

I know Chelsea are in a different league but the fact is they were comfortable champions last year and now they are adding Shevchenko, Kalou, Ballack, and possibly Carlos and Simao.

We could challenge but Rafa NEEDS MONEY. Not £50-60m, just a decent amount to get 2 strikers and a right winger. If they could give him £25m and let him use any money that he recoups from transfers then we would be in business. I have a feeling this is all going tits up because Moores is far too rigid.
      andy b
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #4: May 28, 2006 08:00:17 am
      Dont think I'd go as far as saying it might go tit's up, although it's nice to have a big squad, cant understand players going to Chelski, there's no way there all going to play, unless, wait a minute, just a thought, they haven't gone for the wonga have they!  :roll:
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #5: May 28, 2006 03:45:48 pm
      This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened though is it. We all know that clubs have different media and especially newspaper connections. Back in january the reports were that because of the good run Benitez was going to be given £15-20m to spend. All of a sudden loads of good players were linked to us and in the end all we got was Agger for 5.5m, most of which i bet still has to be payed going by Parry's transfer history.

It also turned out that the only other deal that was remotely close was a Defoe/Cisse swap which certainly wasn't for big money.

I think that most of the names that are being mentioned are simply there to keep the fans interested and to make sure everyone buys a season ticket. C'MON; Torres, Wright-phillips, when was the last time Moores let a manager spend £35-40m. Liverpool FC needs help.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Disturbing News
      Reply #6: May 29, 2006 09:14:43 am
      we should get Steve morgan lifelong liverpool fan, then go out an buy Aimar
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #7: May 29, 2006 09:25:29 am
      I would love Steve Morgan to take charge but I don't think he can come up with amount of cash needed
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Disturbing News
      Reply #8: May 29, 2006 07:08:40 pm
      Steve morgan hasn't got near enough money that is needed to take us that one step further,we need a big backer like the Kraft family or someone of that stature also a bigger sponsor then the money needed would be in place no worrys.

Quick Reply